Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Alan Wake Free Bonus Materials

Steam offers a set of recently released free bonus materials for owners of Alan Wake on Steam (thanks nin via Polygon). Here's the outline of what's been added for players of Remedy's action/adventure:

Bonus videos
Early demo videos, making of documentaries, the story of Remedy, Balance Slays the Demon music video and a clip from the Harry Garrett Show.

Visual exploration
Alan Wake's visual identity guidelines, concept art, production photos, high resolution wallpapers and printable cardboard cutout characters.

Graphic novels
Two graphic novels set in the world of Alan Wake titled Night Springs and Psycho Thriller, with stories by Sam Lake and Mikko Rautalahti.

Note by note
The soundtrack of Alan Wake's American Nightmare and sheet music of Alan Wake, both composed by Petri Alanko.

Lost pages
The complete Alan Wake screenplay and also scripts of The Writer and The Signal, narrations, Mr. Scratch videos, radio shows and manuscript pages.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Alan Wake Free Bonus Materials Dec 31, 2013, 10:10 Kristian Joensen

nin wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 15:22:
The only thing that keeps me from really raving about the game is that the combat gets extremely repetitive.

That's exactly why I got bored with it. I really liked the story elements, and was always wondering what would happen next, but the combat just killed that game for me.

Between AW and Max Payne, Remedy seems to make games based around a single gameplay element (flashlight and slow time, respectively). And if you get bored with that one element, nothing can save the rest of the game.

That reminds me of Max Payne: The Making of a Franchise

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Alan Wake Free Bonus Materials Dec 30, 2013, 23:56 MajorD

Creston wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 19:41:
I picked up the 3 dollar sale today, so I'll just take everyone's advice and put the combat on super easy.

WOW! That is a no brainer, both AW and AN, and DLC for $3.99. NICE!

12. Re: Alan Wake Free Bonus Materials Dec 30, 2013, 19:41 Creston

I picked up the 3 dollar sale today, so I'll just take everyone's advice and put the combat on super easy.

11. Re: Alan Wake Free Bonus Materials Dec 29, 2013, 23:05 Xero

Beelzebud wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 15:13:
I got Alan Wake and all related content for $1.00 on a Humble Weekly Sale, months ago. Overall I really enjoyed the game.

The atmosphere, and mood of the game world is very well done. It's an odd mix of X-Files, Twin Peaks, and Twilight Zone. The only thing that keeps me from really raving about the game is that the combat gets extremely repetitive.

It was a strange experience, because I was so hooked on the story and the atmosphere, that I forced myself to finish it even though I wasn't enjoying the combat. I almost wished I had just put it on the super easy mode to just basically watch it.

I have not tried American Nightmare, but if I do, I might just play it like that.

I know that situation. I was enjoying the story as well but the combat kind of got in the way, lol.

Currently playing: Skyrim

10. Re: Alan Wake Free Bonus Materials Dec 29, 2013, 17:58 Jensen

I almost wished I had just put it on the super easy mode to just basically watch it.
Same here. I put it on normal and didn't finish it because I couldn't get past some enemies. I suck at third person action console games. The only way to change the difficulty was to start a new game from the chapter I was on, but I didn't feel like replaying the chapter.

9. Re: Alan Wake Free Bonus Materials Dec 29, 2013, 17:01 jacobvandy

They didn't just do this, it's pretty much the bonus materials from GOG made available on Steam after some exclusivity period or whatever.  

8. Re: Alan Wake Free Bonus Materials Dec 29, 2013, 17:00 Asmodai

I got Alan Wake and all related content for $1.00 on a Humble Weekly Sale, months ago. Overall I really enjoyed the game.

The atmosphere, and mood of the game world is very well done. It's an odd mix of X-Files, Twin Peaks, and Twilight Zone. The only thing that keeps me from really raving about the game is that the combat gets extremely repetitive.

It was a strange experience, because I was so hooked on the story and the atmosphere, that I forced myself to finish it even though I wasn't enjoying the combat. I almost wished I had just put it on the super easy mode to just basically watch it.

I have not tried American Nightmare, but if I do, I might just play it like that.

American Nightmare is more action adventure/combat than storyline. Was a bit of a disappointment after the first one.

7. Re: Alan Wake Free Bonus Materials Dec 29, 2013, 15:22 nin

The only thing that keeps me from really raving about the game is that the combat gets extremely repetitive.

That's exactly why I got bored with it. I really liked the story elements, and was always wondering what would happen next, but the combat just killed that game for me.

Between AW and Max Payne, Remedy seems to make games based around a single gameplay element (flashlight and slow time, respectively). And if you get bored with that one element, nothing can save the rest of the game.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: Alan Wake Free Bonus Materials Dec 29, 2013, 15:13 Beelzebud

5. Re: Alan Wake Free Bonus Materials Dec 29, 2013, 14:09 MajorD

jdreyer wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 12:53:
Odd that they'd do this for a 2 year old game that didn't sell that well.

I intended to own this, but somehow I don't.

It's a game I would not have purchased for myself (I typically don't like 3rd person perspective 'only' games), but it was gifted to me and I ended up liking it. It isn't a bad game, especially if you like story driven games.

May be worth it if you can grab it during a smoken' sale. Right now it is ~$15.00 on Steam and Amazon.

Happy New Year!

4. Re: Alan Wake Free Bonus Materials Dec 29, 2013, 12:53 jdreyer

Odd that they'd do this for a 2 year old game that didn't sell that well.

I intended to own this, but somehow I don't.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

3. Re: Alan Wake Free Bonus Materials Dec 29, 2013, 12:49 The Half Elf

Does this include all the content that was shown for Alan Wake back when it was shown on a monster PC sent from the future?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: Alan Wake Free Bonus Materials Dec 29, 2013, 10:47 Mangrove

Alan Wake, Alan Wake. And a little bit softer now. Alan Wake. Alan. Wake.  

1. Re: Alan Wake Free Bonus Materials Dec 29, 2013, 10:18 Dev

link to the free DLC:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/268560

Added over 10 days ago. nin you are asleep at the switch!
j/k

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo