Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

• Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons on Steam. Save 70%.
  • Company of Heroes 2 on GamersGate.
  • Company of Heroes 2 Starter Camo Bundle on GamersGate. Save 66%.
  • Crusader Kings II on GamersGate. Save 75%.
  • Crusader Kings II Collection on GamersGate. Save 75%.
  • Deadpool on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Dust: An Elysian Tail on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Fantasy Through History on GOG.com. Save 80%.
  • Garry's Mod on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Godus on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on GamersGate. Save 75%.
  • How To Survive on GamersGate. Save 50%.
  • Indie Mac Bundle on Macgamestore.com. Save 81%.
  • Rayman Legends on GamersGate. Save 40%.
  • Sail, Trade and Plunder on GOG.com. Save 75%.
  • Saints Row IV on Steam. Save 60%.
  • Sci-Fi Combat Sims on GOG.com. Save 75%.
  • SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Takedown Red Sabre on GamersGate. Save 75%.
  • Torchlight II on Steam. Save 75%.

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

38. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2013, 13:24 HorrorScope

Silicon Avatar wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 03:05:
I find myself buying up $2 and $3 games lately and skipping the big releases. It's so easy to spend $3 on a game. It's getting harder and harder to justify $40+.

True. Then you get one and it's only 5 hours and man people bitch. I walk away relieved. I was able to finish without the monotony many long hour games have. Perfect price, perfect length.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2013, 13:19 HorrorScope

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 20:11:
At this point I have pretty much everything I want, and already know I won't get around to a lot of it.

First, yeah the only reason why the sale may not be all that to people is you probably have most everything. Really the only thing I'm waiting on is the new AC game coming down more.

But to your point, you got to think that is a big sell for Steam to have people put large discounts on their game. In many cases we are support our hobby with these donations as there will be for many so many games never really played. So Steam says you can get Zero or sell the thing for even just $5 and get cash for something most people still don't play, even when they purchase and here are the stats to prove that.... lol. I'm totally ok with it all, as said we are supporting many devs and the future.

36. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2013, 12:39 Dev

Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 10:33:
Dev wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 00:19:
Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 23:02:
Are the early access games you're looking at self published? Then there's your answer as to why early access exists.
Oh, you mean like this one?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/239220
The one ubisoft is doing? The P2W game they've marked as early access? That will become F2P but right now is pay only?

Never heard of it and don't care. Game looks like a pile of shit anyway. Who would be stupid enough to buy that? The vast majority of early access games are by microscopic indie devs working on a fraction of the budget to what big publishers would usually fund them. This has to be explained every day because morons like to cry.

Get it now? Oh no of course not.
Dude, I get it. I've backed over 100 projects on KS. But some people want a complete game, I can understand that too.

35. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2013, 10:33 Mad Max RW

Dev wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 00:19:
Are the early access games you're looking at self published? Then there's your answer as to why early access exists.
The one ubisoft is doing? The P2W game they've marked as early access? That will become F2P but right now is pay only?

Never heard of it and don't care. Game looks like a pile of shit anyway. Who would be stupid enough to buy that? The vast majority of early access games are by microscopic indie devs working on a fraction of the budget to what big publishers would usually fund them. This has to be explained every day because morons like to cry.

Get it now? Oh no of course not.

This comment was edited on Dec 29, 2013, 11:00.

34. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2013, 05:42 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 00:30:
Hrm I'll wait. Thanks for the feedback. He Ac, what was that Zombie CRPG you mentioned just a while back. Due out in March I think?

The only one I recall mentioning recently was Brian Mitsoda's Dead State from Troika. It's a much smaller title, self published and only asked for a couple 100k in Kickstarter, which they easily got, iirc. Dead State is about long and short term, choices and consequences. It's turn based like so many of his fellow Black Isle developers Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera (which he is working on too) and Pillars of Eternity. Dead State is using the same engine Age of Decadence.

According to Mitsoda: Mitsoda has said that an aim of the game is to be a "serious examination of a national crisis or natural disaster" and that the game is "designed around" the "stress and survival aspects" of "a world in crisis".

State of Decay does have a much bigger budget and published by m$. It was released for consoles first (iirc) and it's a solid game mechanically. It looks good, 1st/3rd person perspectives and has decent animations. In the developers' defense they probably felt the constant spawns was the only way to create impending fear and doom. However they also don't seem to believe in the world they created. Why spend so much to license Crytek for openworld if your not going to let people really explore. It's as if they want you to keep moving, saying 'nothing to see here'. In reality there is a lot to see, especially since most of us here at Blue's play openworld games, till we become a zomby woof! Zombie

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

33. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2013, 04:02 Ledge

Cutter wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 21:56:
State of Decay? Yes? No? Maybe? A lot of the reviews seem to hit on that it gets repetitive quick. The first 4 hours building your base and getting essenials is fun, after that it quickly becomes pure grind though. Thoughts?

i only have a few hours in it, but yeah its getting repetitive. im too busy on the pinball fx2 tables. and just got euro truck simulator 2. so i doubt ill be back in State of Decay anytime soon.

32. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2013, 03:05 Silicon Avatar

I find myself buying up $2 and $3 games lately and skipping the big releases. It's so easy to spend $3 on a game. It's getting harder and harder to justify $40+.

31. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2013, 00:30 Cutter

Hrm I'll wait. Thanks for the feedback. He Ac, what was that Zombie CRPG you mentioned just a while back. Due out in March I think?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

30. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2013, 00:19 Dev

29. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 23:42 Acleacius

Pretty sure, he means, they should be listed separately, not with completed games.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

28. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 23:28 HorrorScope

State of Decay? Yes? No? Maybe? A lot of the reviews seem to hit on that it gets repetitive quick. The first 4 hours building your base and getting essenials is fun, after that it quickly becomes pure grind though. Thoughts?

Yes.

27. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 23:04 Acleacius

I was reading a review there on the sales page, a guy has 216 hours but doesn't recommend it. Lol, if I get 216 hours of gameplay out of game for $10 it's a steal.

I agree, it's a lot of fun but it can get repetitive, unless you know only worry about a few missions and ignore the rest. I wanted to build up my base before worrying about any of the main story questlines. My biggest problem is no Editor, since fans could probably fix this into one great game.

I've got a real problem with constantly spam spawning mobs, so this next part is going to sound like I'm irritated with some parts, cause I am!
The big problem (i'm not sure if they will fix it) is the constant Spawning Spam. You really can't even explore in this openworld game cause everywhere you go, they constantly spawn shit. The sound meter is crap, in the sense that the radius you see of noise for the weapon in use, spawns shit much farther out. There's balancing issues, since you've got weight limits, weapon wear, vehicle damage and ammo is not balanced with the rate of constant spawns.

Also you really need people to add to your base, with specialties like chef, mechanic, chemist and medical. The problem is when you are sent out to get new NPCs, they most often give you crappy useless NPCs. So you either have to take them out to get killed or manually make a Savegame, from before you ask the Radio Operator to send Invites. There is only one Savegame, so it constantly gets overwritten. You have to make manual saves in the savegame folder, so you can use a save from before you had the operator call.

This comment was edited on Dec 28, 2013, 23:39.

26. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 23:02 Mad Max RW

25. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 22:12 walrus1

jdreyer wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 22:03:
The Flash Sales aren't displaying right on the steam site. The discounts are only showing for me if I go to the page. Here are the current deals:

Spec ops: The Line - $7.49
Far Cry 3 - $7.49
State of Decay - $9.99
Gas Guzzlers - $8.49

I heard Spec Ops is pretty good. Anyone have any experience?

It's pretty decent 3rd person cover based shooter with some neat storytelling. It's not the be all end all story it was hyped up to but still good. I got it for about that price awhile ago on Greenman and didn't regret it. In short go for it,

I think we're at the point of the sale when the sales start repeating.

24. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 22:06 Saboth

PHJF wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 21:03:
Every time I click on something that looks great the first thing I see is "early access". Really getting tired of them lumped with completed games...

I can't understand "early access" either. I don't mind beta or alpha testing your game, but I'm not going to pay you to do it. I played the heck out of Path of Exile's beta, going through the game about 4x. I had a blast. Then I lost complete interest, and the final game came out, with more classes/levels, etc. I have no interest in running through the game a 5th time, so it's kind of ruined for me. I think I'm going to stick with buying finished games, and most likely only GOTY editions when they are 75% off.

23. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 22:04 Acleacius

PHJF wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 21:03:
Every time I click on something that looks great the first thing I see is "early access". Really getting tired of them lumped with completed games...
Agreed, it's annoying as hell.

22. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 22:03 jdreyer

The Flash Sales aren't displaying right on the steam site. The discounts are only showing for me if I go to the page. Here are the current deals:

Spec ops: The Line - $7.49
Far Cry 3 - $7.49
State of Decay - $9.99
Gas Guzzlers - $8.49

I heard Spec Ops is pretty good. Anyone have any experience?

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

21. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 21:56 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

20. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 21:03 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

19. Re: On Sale Dec 28, 2013, 20:11 Wowbagger_TIP

At this point I have pretty much everything I want, and already know I won't get around to a lot of it. I'm mostly just buying things when I want to support the developer for doing something cool. Maybe I'll actually get around to playing it eventually, or at least maybe they'll make another cool game and I'll play that  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo