Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Friday Consolidation

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: R* Verified Jobs Dec 28, 2013, 14:02 Creston

harlock wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 03:14:
Krovven wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 21:58:
For those that don't know...To sum up the issues,

yeh that all sounds pretty shitty

not really hopeful it will be fixed for PC either, but im still gonna get it anyways

I imagine they'll at least get most of the exploits fixed for the PC version, but even so most of GTO is really pretty damn grindy. Like Krovven mentioned, they brutally nerfed the payout for a lot of stuff, so just to get money together for a decent car will take you dozens of hours (including the time it takes you to get to a level where missions actually pay good money.)

It's still fun, it's cool to get together with crew and do survivals or just go on some funky Learjet races through the mountains and such, but Rockstar is slowly letting the rest of the persistent experience turn to shit and doesn't much seem to care, either.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: R* Verified Jobs Dec 28, 2013, 04:26 Krovven

harlock wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 03:14:

not really hopeful it will be fixed for PC either, but im still gonna get it anyways

It's definitely still worth it just for the single player. Easily got my $60 worth just from that. I have got a ton of value from Online as well, despite the problems. I'm lvl 121 or so and own most of what I want from playing legitimately. But most of that was from before they nerfed the payouts. It just sucks, cus I would go back to it if they could get their shit together with everything else.

15. Re: R* Verified Jobs Dec 28, 2013, 03:14 harlock

14. Re: R* Verified Jobs Dec 27, 2013, 21:58 Krovven

Regarding your ill-gotten-gains, they just posted on the topic linked above (1hr ago as I type this) that they are working on a fix...

In regards to reports of hacking and cheating in Grand Theft Auto Online, we are working on a fix that will remove any GTA$ gained through these blatant exploits, as well as prevent this from happening in the future. We'll also be taking appropriate measures very soon to punish anyone that we've discovered manipulating GTA Online in this manner (as we've stated previously, players who have received large sums of GTA$ but not engaged in any game manipulating through exploits can rest assured knowing they have nothing to fear).

If you have been gifted a large sum of money or collected a large bounty and would like to have the money removed from your account immediately, you can submit a request to Rockstar Support to have your balance properly adjusted. Otherwise, the money you've been gifted will be removed once our upcoming fix is in place.

Furthermore, if you encounter someone that is taking advantage of exploits in your GTA Online session, you can alert us directly by using the in-game reporting functionality. In the Pause menu, under the Online tab, select Players and scroll to the offending player. From there, select Report and choose Exploits from the violation options. We appreciate the community's support and understanding as we work to address these issues and apologize for all inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
Rockstar Games

It's pretty sad that it has taken them 3 months to acknowledge this. I suspect, if it hadn't been for Kotaku and other gaming sites publicizing the issue that legit players may end up being banned, they would have continued to ignore the problems.

For those that don't know...To sum up the issues, people have found ways to cheat, getting them million/billions in cash. They have also found ways to gift players this money and setting bounties, exceeding both the maximum bounty amount of $9000 and the limitations in gifting cash to other players. You get the money whether you want it or not, you can't decline and you can't get rid of the money (aside from spending it). On top of this, players have found ways to get jets, tanks and other vehicles into their garages and insure them, which should not be possible. There are very simple to do invulnerability and invisibility glitches...as well as several easily accessible map glitches providing invulnerability. They have nerfed the hell out of mission and job payouts for legit players, constantly made changes to the game that they don't list in the patch notes, listing things in the patch notes that don't go into the patches....the list of fuck ups goes on.

The outcry from their customers on the Support forums regarding the hacking and cheating has been going on since October, which they just ignored and deleted those posts. When I posted in response to their 1.05 patch that I was disappointed that they had done nothing to deal with the hacking and cheating, my post was deleted. Posting it again, they banned me (only recently being unbanned). Contacting support regarding this...they claimed they couldn't do anything as they did not have access to the support web forums. WTF?

Rockstar has shit the bed over and over with GTAO and I've basically lost all interest in logging on because of this.

Oh and of course there are the Heists as mentioned below. They advertised the inclusion of Heists as a major selling point, before GTA was even released. 3 months later and still no Heists. They fucked up the Beach Bum event on PS3, shut it down the next day claiming they would hold it another weekend specifically for PS3...which they still have not done.

13. Re: Friday Consolidation Dec 27, 2013, 21:34 Creston

harlock wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 17:17:
Creston wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 12:40:
Yeah, don't worry about those money hack issues, guys! Even though everyone is now driving around in tanks and the general world map has become such a griefer clusterfuck that the only way you can really even still play is on Crew-Only maps, we've got it under control! Trust us! We're professionals!

waiting for PC version here so i havent played it yet

but im way more interested in the MP matches rather than the random open world stuff... that "base assault" thing they are doing sounds cool

but ultimately im really hyped for that MP heist thing they promised... but it would be best if it was fully MP - as in, group of players is thieves, and group of players is cops/security - yeh that would be the shit

I'd like that, but who knows what the hell they're doing with the heists. "They're coming soon!" (note:By soon we mean around six months down the road.)

12. Re: R* Verified Jobs Dec 27, 2013, 21:32 Yosemite Sam

OMFG what a total pile of shit, with the exception of Drift King, that one was pretty decent. Millions of user created content and they back those races!? Could R* have put any less effort into picking races to verify... did they even play them! I thought this was going to turn into another LBP, but at least MM put some effort into highlighting the best of the best user created maps. R* made absolutely no effort whatsoever, zero, nada. Random lottery picks could have done a better job, for shame R*, for shame.  

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

11. Re: Friday Consolidation Dec 27, 2013, 20:43 ViRGE

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 17:15:
Yea but considering how much you get, that 50.00 a year is best money spent on the internet....esp. if you have more than 1 device, ie: ps3 and Vita, etc.
Heck, it's not even $50/year. It goes on sale a couple of times a year where you can pick it up for $30. For the price of one video game that's two years of gaming. It's a very good deal so long as you know what you're getting into.

10. Re: Friday Consolidation Dec 27, 2013, 18:17 HorrorScope

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 17:15:
Yea but considering how much you get, that 50.00 a year is best money spent on the internet

My vote is Amazon Prime.

9. Re: Friday Consolidation Dec 27, 2013, 17:17 harlock

Yeah, don't worry about those money hack issues, guys! Even though everyone is now driving around in tanks and the general world map has become such a griefer clusterfuck that the only way you can really even still play is on Crew-Only maps, we've got it under control! Trust us! We're professionals!

waiting for PC version here so i havent played it yet

but im way more interested in the MP matches rather than the random open world stuff... that "base assault" thing they are doing sounds cool

but ultimately im really hyped for that MP heist thing they promised... but it would be best if it was fully MP - as in, group of players is thieves, and group of players is cops/security - yeh that would be the shit

8. Re: Friday Consolidation Dec 27, 2013, 17:15 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 16:29:
nin wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 14:04:
Did RDR have these sort of issues? I thought everyone spoke well of that one, so I'm surprised they suddenly have issues with a later multi portion.

I don't think so, but I never played that mp.

No, the MP was/is very enjoyable.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

7. Re: Friday Consolidation Dec 27, 2013, 17:15 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 14:30:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 14:28:
Bioshock Infinite for free? Was planning on picking it up at some point for the PC on the cheap... but for free, I'll console it. Heh what's MSs offering next month, Commander Keen?

I always hate to say what's "free" on PS+, since you do have to pay a membership, but yeah, it's a heck of a deal, based on what they give you.

Yea but considering how much you get, that 50.00 a year is best money spent on the internet....esp. if you have more than 1 device, ie: ps3 and Vita, etc.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: Friday Consolidation Dec 27, 2013, 16:29 Creston

nin wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 14:04:
Did RDR have these sort of issues? I thought everyone spoke well of that one, so I'm surprised they suddenly have issues with a later multi portion.

I don't think so, but I never played that mp.

5. Re: Friday Consolidation Dec 27, 2013, 16:18 The Half Elf

You still have to be 70 to buy a tank, but honestly after selling the top end Apt that goes for 400 k and getting only 80k of that back, not to mention all the vehicles that I didn't know were not intended for Multiplayer (friends gave them to me) I don't feel bad having 2 billion dollars to buy whatever the fuck I want to, instead of having to grind out menial missions.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Friday Consolidation Dec 27, 2013, 14:30 nin

Yosemite Sam wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 14:28:
Bioshock Infinite for free? Was planning on picking it up at some point for the PC on the cheap... but for free, I'll console it. Heh what's MSs offering next month, Commander Keen?

I always hate to say what's "free" on PS+, since you do have to pay a membership, but yeah, it's a heck of a deal, based on what they give you.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Friday Consolidation Dec 27, 2013, 14:28 Yosemite Sam

EDIT oh and finally heard from Rockstar and they told me I could freely spend my ill gotten gains from some hacker and to just not share it... meh, I wanted it removed from my account but I guess it's xmas in LS for me.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

2. Re: Friday Consolidation Dec 27, 2013, 14:04 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Friday Consolidation Dec 27, 2013, 12:40 Creston

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo