Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Friday Tech Bits

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Friday Tech Bits Dec 28, 2013, 02:27 Jensen

I'm assuming that AMD is just selling Apple workstation class GPUs at gaming GPU prices. Aren't workstation graphics cards just gaming cards with a few tweaks and a huge markup?

For getting the best bang for your buck, Mac Pros just aren't a good choice, even when compared to the other Mac product lines.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Friday Tech Bits Dec 27, 2013, 23:34 WaltC

Axis wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 17:59:
Mac Pro article one of the most moronic I've yet to read -- Mac heads... still gladly fooling themselves to this day.

As long as ignorance exists, the Apple Mac RDF (reality distortion field) will, too...;) As it is, the words (ignorance, Mac) are almost synonyms, anyway. It's sad, though, to see ignorant people with enough money to throw away on The Spittoon...! "Apple tax" doesn't scratch the surface of all the "gotcha's" in these products that are deliberately hidden and obfuscated in Mac marketing material and therefore never seen or commented on by the e-zine I'net authors who don't know enough about owning computers (Macs or PCs) over a span of years to make and understand such commentary in the first place. Questions like: "Why is it not a good a idea to spend thousands of dollars on custom computer components with miserly one-year factory warranties?" They don't know the answers and most often cannot even understand such questions...;) There are many more such pertinent questions professional commentators would ask and answer that these people most often never do. Ah, well, Caveat Emptor--a fool and his money, easily parted, etc.

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

1. Re: Friday Tech Bits Dec 27, 2013, 17:59 Axis

Mac Pro article one of the most moronic I've yet to read -- Mac heads... still gladly fooling themselves to this day.  

Yours truly,

Axis

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo