Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Friday Safety Dance

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: Friday Safety Dance Dec 28, 2013, 11:25 eRe4s3r

The fact that they are all still employed despite this scandal is proof that they are indeed professionals...

And seriously, the secret agencies want to spy on everything. Which is why questions of "why would they want to spy on me" are so absurd. That's not how these agencies think. To them, any communication needs to be monitored. And they do it for POWER, not for preventing crimes or stopping terrorists. These services will never be stopped, as any politician trying to take them down faces "accidental leaks" of secret info.

In Germany, the Stasi only ended because the eastern bloc fell apart. But nowadays this is impossible to replicate. If the Stasi would have had access to the Internet and mass surveillance back then, the eastern bloc would not have fallen.

And this is why I am so angry at my fellow German citizens. This is not a scandal of political nature. This is the push of governments to end privacy. A child growing up now will never know what privacy even *is*. They will have no concept of it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Friday Safety Dance Dec 27, 2013, 12:25 Creston

C'mon. The NSA would never try to match that data to actual people! You can trust these guys. They're professionals!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo