Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

The end of year sale on Origin features almost all titles at up to a 40% off their normal prices.

• Anno 2070 on Steam. Save 75%.
  • BioShock Triple Pack on Amazon.com. Save 81%.
  • Chivalry Chest on GOG.com. Save 75%.
  • Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition on Steam. Save 80%.
  • DmC: Devil May Cry on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Gone Home on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Hotline Miami on Steam. Save 80%.
  • The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Killing Floor on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Nancy Drew: The Secret of Shadow Ranch on GameStop PC Downloads.
  • NBA 2K14 on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Robinson's Requiem Collection + Miasmata on GOG.com. Save 75%.
  • Wargame: Airland Battle on Steam. Save 75%.

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

53. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 23:04 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 21:20:
Creston wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 16:33:
Jerykk wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 15:24:
Really? I heard that Leviathan has some pretty significant story stuff too.

Not really.

spoiler: Leviathan basically tells you that the Reapers are a broken tool that they put into place to try to prevent organics and synthetics going to war, and then it turned on them.

Which isn't all that much different from what the Catalyst tells you, but hey, it's hard to do much with a shitty story premise.

Oh, this reminds me of them great memes that popped up from everywhere after the ME3 crap.

"Reapers are built to annihilate organics and synthetics, so that organics and synthetics don't end up annihilating eachother."

That's just dumb writing.

The starchild is the very epitome of bad writing but the story premise wasn't shit. Mass Effect had a great story, until they squandered the end with some seriously bad decisions.

Imo Mass Effect 3 should have ended "dirty" ie, victory through raw firepower, extreme losses on all sides of the alliance, and a post-war situation where those who "helped" hated those who didn't. In fact, if I had been the guy in charge, I'd not have ended Mass Effect 3 with the destruction of the reapers but a few "missions" after it. (Ie, an entire Epilogue section of the game with actual gameplay, exploring the effects of the war etc.

I dunno why they did what they did. But if you ignore the ending, Mass Effect was epic. Sadly, for a true epic, it lacked the "punch" during the Epilogue. A sign that they had bad writers who never wrote a proper story, but only scripts for a movie.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

52. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 21:38 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 18:53:
Like mod detector literally disables all your DLC :/ And I use http://www.anno2170-arrc.de/ ;p Best mod for Anno 2070 imo, but you need cookie

I'll give it a look. Been wanting to replay it again at some point.

51. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 21:36 Creston

Quinn wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 21:20:

Not really.

spoiler: Leviathan basically tells you that the Reapers are a broken tool that they put into place to try to prevent organics and synthetics going to war, and then it turned on them.

Which isn't all that much different from what the Catalyst tells you, but hey, it's hard to do much with a shitty story premise.

Oh, this reminds me of them great memes that popped up from everywhere after the ME3 crap.

"Reapers are built to annihilate organics and synthetics, so that organics and synthetics don't end up annihilating eachother."

Mac Fucking Walters FOR THE WIN!

50. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 21:20 Quinn

Not really.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

49. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 18:53 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 16:37:
Really? I thought the real die-hard fans didn't play anything BUT infinite mode, as most videos I've watched of guys playing it, they're all snooty about the missions and how stupid they are.

Hehe, yeah the missions are stupid.. but I meant that without the modules for islands and the arc, you can not build advanced maxed out islands. You literally gotta have certain (very high end) modules slotted in your production islands to get 2 or 3 goods per cycle of a end-product building, which is the only way you can feed 100k people ;p And the arc slots include stuff like a global boost the ranges of buildings....

But I guess you are right, DLC is actually there if you were logged in before and just offline because you logged out after the game started. But it isn't there if you use mods. In which case the game forces you into a totally dumbed down offline mode. And for that you need Annocookie

Like mod detector literally disables all your DLC :/ And I use http://www.anno2170-arrc.de/ ;p Best mod for Anno 2070 imo, but you need cookie

48. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 16:37 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 14:51:
(advanced) Research and Arc Modules (not just storage)

Okay, I'll accept that, as I don't recall whether it works or not.

Unlocking of research and buildings of factions by playing campaign missions (You can not "rank up" offline)

Fair enough, though I find that to be fairly pointless anyway. The amount of grinding you have to do to get a pretty ark is insane.

*None* of the DLC works offline including the expansion whether you own it or not

That can't be true, as I've played it offline many times, and all my DLC stuff is simply there, including the deep ocean stuff.

I think it's fair to say 90% in that case, as arc modules and island modules are a MAJOR gameplay element.

Semantics about 90% aside, I agree that if you can't slot up arc modules, that's pretty damn annoying.

And you can't play the event maps and thus can't unlock any of the event stuff....

Which is mostly pointless, but alright.

But yes, you can play the normal infinite mode without any fancy features, but for a true Anno fan that is 10% of the game. Without island and arc modules you are severely limited.

Really? I thought the real die-hard fans didn't play anything BUT infinite mode, as most videos I've watched of guys playing it, they're all snooty about the missions and how stupid they are.

47. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 16:33 Creston

Not really.

46. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 15:24 Jerykk

Creston wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 11:36:
Jerykk wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 02:15:
Now if only the trilogy included all the DLC. Pretty ridiculous that you can buy three full games for $10, but if you want all the DLC, you'll have to spend over $50.

Other than the Extended Cut and if you want a happy-feeling ending, the Citadel for ME3, and Lair of the Shadowbroker for ME2, none of the DLC is required from a story perspective.

So just buy Shadowbroker along with the 10 buck pack, and you have a hojillion hours of gaming goodness.

45. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 14:51 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 01:45:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 18:37:
It's still there

uPlay launch (requires uPlay)
Always Online requirement (In-Game or you miss 90% of the games features)
TAGES
Mod Detector

With mods and some hacks (AnnoCookie) it's playable.. but it's loaded with crappy DRM

Okay, I guess it is still there then, though the 90% features missing is rather exaggerated. There are a few modes which don't work if you're offline (most annoyingly the Ark Storage), but you can play missions and free play while offline.

(advanced) Research and Arc Modules (not just storage)
Unlocking of research and buildings of factions by playing campaign missions (You can not "rank up" offline)
*None* of the DLC works offline including the expansion whether you own it or not

I think it's fair to say 90% in that case, as arc modules and island modules are a MAJOR gameplay element. And you can not complete the campaign while being offline... as you need the arc storage in one of the campaign missions. (or needed it at least, when I played it back at release) maybe there are now ways around that.

And you can't play the event maps and thus can't unlock any of the event stuff....

But yes, you can play the normal infinite mode without any fancy features, but for a true Anno fan that is 10% of the game. Without island and arc modules you are severely limited.

44. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 11:36 Creston

Now if only the trilogy included all the DLC. Pretty ridiculous that you can buy three full games for $10, but if you want all the DLC, you'll have to spend over $50.

Other than the Extended Cut and if you want a happy-feeling ending, the Citadel for ME3, and Lair of the Shadowbroker for ME2, none of the DLC is required from a story perspective.

So just buy Shadowbroker along with the 10 buck pack, and you have a hojillion hours of gaming goodness.

43. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 08:47 nin

jdreyer wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 02:44:

I think that's a feature, not a bug.

Yeah, that's not an accident at all.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

42. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 03:01 Jerykk

jdreyer wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 02:44:

True, but it's a flagrantly exploitative feature that 99% of gamers won't fall for. Or at least, I'd hope that's the case. There are other industries that use the same trick (printer ink comes to mind) but unlike those industries, DLC is completely optional.

41. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 02:44 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

40. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 02:15 Jerykk

Creston wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 01:47:
PropheT wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 20:24:
Creston wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 13:58:
Most of those Origin deals are pretty pathetic, but if you've never played it, getting the entire Mass Effect trilogy for 24 bucks is incredible value.

Mass Effect 3 is only $7 on Amazon right now, and the trilogy is $9.

The Origin sale is pretty terrible :p

Mass Effect 3 on Amazon for $7

The whole trilogy for $9.99

I readily stand corrected.

I think the entire ME trilogy is easily worth 24 bucks, but obviously you'd be crazy to give EA 24 bucks if you can just give Amazon 10 bucks.

For 10 bucks it's the most ludicrously generous value ever conceived for a PC game. That's 100+ hours of awesome gaming for a tenner.

39. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 01:47 Creston

PropheT wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 20:24:
Creston wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 13:58:
Most of those Origin deals are pretty pathetic, but if you've never played it, getting the entire Mass Effect trilogy for 24 bucks is incredible value.

Mass Effect 3 is only $7 on Amazon right now, and the trilogy is $9.

The Origin sale is pretty terrible :p

Mass Effect 3 on Amazon for $7

The whole trilogy for $9.99

I readily stand corrected.

I think the entire ME trilogy is easily worth 24 bucks, but obviously you'd be crazy to give EA 24 bucks if you can just give Amazon 10 bucks.

For 10 bucks it's the most ludicrously generous value ever conceived for a PC game. That's 100+ hours of awesome gaming for a tenner.

38. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 01:45 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 18:37:
It's still there

uPlay launch (requires uPlay)
Always Online requirement (In-Game or you miss 90% of the games features)
TAGES
Mod Detector

With mods and some hacks (AnnoCookie) it's playable.. but it's loaded with crappy DRM

Okay, I guess it is still there then, though the 90% features missing is rather exaggerated. There are a few modes which don't work if you're offline (most annoyingly the Ark Storage), but you can play missions and free play while offline.

37. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 01:42 Creston

nin wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 17:05:
mag wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 17:04:
I really really want to play Anno 2070, but I refuse to buy games with crappy DRM. Sigh.

Thought it all got patched out, except for the uplay shit?

edit: Huh, I see Tages listed, but thought that was gone?

edit again: looks like it's still there

It requires Uplay, but I'm not sure if it still installs Tages. I don't think it did when I installed it. Never saw the Tages drivers anywhere.

I really recommend Anno 2070. Wonderful game.

36. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 00:31 xXBatmanXx

Same. I keep forgetting those big ass spiders aren't statues. hahahahah and moving the idol makes an indiana jones game out of it.....damnit.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

35. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 00:09 Krovven

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 00:03:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 23:46:
You know, I hear people talking about Spelunky all the time. I never owned a Nintendo, and don't really much like platformers. That being said, I am having fun with Rogue Legacy even though I'm not getting much further beyond the castle. Just wondering why people talk about it all the time, I guess, and if I'd like it.

Well it is randomly generated like RL, which is one of my GoTY, so you may like that aspect of it. It is a challenging game. I don't get very far, but I usually fall too far or forget about those damn poison darts..... Find the loot, find the girl, find the gold statue, get to the end in a certain amount of time. Don't die. Wash rinse repeat.

I have it on the Vita as well as PC. It is a nice break from everything else, and you can't beat the price.

I've got it on Vita as well and it is a fun game...but I suck so much, I can't get passed 1-3 without dying. Then I have to start over...

34. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 00:03 xXBatmanXx

jdreyer wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 23:46:
You know, I hear people talking about Spelunky all the time. I never owned a Nintendo, and don't really much like platformers. That being said, I am having fun with Rogue Legacy even though I'm not getting much further beyond the castle. Just wondering why people talk about it all the time, I guess, and if I'd like it.

Well it is randomly generated like RL, which is one of my GoTY, so you may like that aspect of it. It is a challenging game. I don't get very far, but I usually fall too far or forget about those damn poison darts..... Find the loot, find the girl, find the gold statue, get to the end in a certain amount of time. Don't die. Wash rinse repeat.

I have it on the Vita as well as PC. It is a nice break from everything else, and you can't beat the price.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo