Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

L4D2 Still Free For Now

If you missed it from yesterday, Steam is still offering Left 4 Dead 2 for free about one hour more. The giveaway ends at 1:00 pm EST. As a consolation prize, at that time a new batch of items will go on sale, and well have a new "on sale" post here to celebrate.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: L4D2 Still Free For Now Dec 28, 2013, 23:44 Ant

I had to get the game at night on Christmas day. I thought I would miss it!  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: L4D2 Still Free For Now Dec 27, 2013, 09:15 BitWraith

Half-Life 3 confirmed?  

7. Re: L4D2 Still Free For Now Dec 27, 2013, 06:20 jacobvandy

Yeah, and thanks to those whiny bitches heralding Valve as the new Activision milking yearly titles, they've probably taken even longer than they wanted to to release sequels. Assholes.  

6. Re: L4D2 Still Free For Now Dec 27, 2013, 04:14 Krovven

InBlack wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 04:10:
Although I own L4D, and played quite a bit of it, I never got into the second game. It kind of felt like a ripoff to me. I think it was less than a year between the two games and a lot of people who switched later complained that the gameplay of L4D2 was not nearly as nuanced or balanced as the first game.

I hope they bring back some of the special feeling in the third game.

I don't know who told you the 2nd game was not balanced. As far as Versus goes, it's far more balanced with the introduction of the Spitter and Charger. This prevented survivors from just stacking into a corner and staying there to defend.

Nobody I know ever wanted to play L4D1 over L4D2 largely because of this. Left 4 Dead 1 doesn't even show up on the Steam Stats page...because everyone plays the better game...L4D2. L4D2 (prior to being released for Free) still averaged I think it was about 8k-10k concurrent players.

5. Re: L4D2 Still Free For Now Dec 27, 2013, 04:10 InBlack

Although I own L4D, and played quite a bit of it, I never got into the second game. It kind of felt like a ripoff to me. I think it was less than a year between the two games and a lot of people who switched later complained that the gameplay of L4D2 was not nearly as nuanced or balanced as the first game.

I hope they bring back some of the special feeling in the third game.

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: L4D2 Still Free For Now Dec 27, 2013, 01:39 Task

And BTW,

L4D3 is in development

3. Re: L4D2 Still Free For Now Dec 26, 2013, 18:27 xXBatmanXx

Reactor wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 17:49:
Yeah, I missed it as I couldn't connect to the store.

I think a few people here have free copies to give to you if you ask....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

2. Re: L4D2 Still Free For Now Dec 26, 2013, 17:49 Reactor

Yeah, I missed it as I couldn't connect to the store.  

1. Re: L4D2 Still Free For Now Dec 26, 2013, 17:26 Fantaz

they should've extended it for another day due to the issues...  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo