Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

• Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Borderlands 2 on GamersGate. Save 75%.
  • Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition on GamersGate. Save 50%.
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts on Steam. Save 33%.
  • Drox Operative on the official website. Save 50%.
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 Gold on GamersGate. Save 75%.
  • F1 2013 on Steam. Save 40%.
  • FTL: Faster Than Light on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Gobliiins pack + The Night of the Rabbit on GOG.com. Save 75%.
  • Grand Theft Auto IV on GamersGate. Save 75%.
  • Nancy Drew: Secret of the Old Clock on GameStop PC Downloads. Save 70%.
  • Rocksmith 2014 on Steam. Save 25%.
  • RPG Maker VX Ace on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Rule by Magic Pack on GOG.com. Save 50-75%.
  • The Showdown Effect on GamersGate. Save 75%.
  • The Sims 3 on Steam. Save 60%.
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl on GamersGate. Save 75%.
  • State of Decay on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Surgeon Simulator 2013 on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist on GamersGate. Save 50%.
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Deluxe Edition on GamersGate. Save 50%.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2013, 13:43 jdreyer

Thanks Jivaro. Daughter has been making up so much stuff in minecraft and stories to go with them, figured this would be a good next step. Also for myself, as I've got some ideas for stories.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2013, 06:32 Fibrocyte

Flatline wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 01:11:
Contagion looks promising but probably needs some more cooking time.

It's an interesting concept but not a recommended buy at this time. You start each round as a human with a gun and you and your team of other players have objectives to complete. There are, of course, zombies between you and your objectives. Once you get killed by a zombie you become a zombie until the humans either win or are all converted.

The biggest issue I have with the game right now is that the maps are big (which is fine) but once you become a zombie it can be damn near impossible to find the humans. Either the map is just too damn big and you're unlucky -OR- you are completely blocked off by the map to get to them (sounds weird, I know). Anyway, you basically either wait 20 minutes once you become a zombie or you switch servers. Out of 5 games I think I found the humans once.

I'll gift you a copy if you'd like to trade for anything on my wishlist -- I've got one available.

22. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2013, 05:07 Jivaro

jdreyer wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 01:15:
Anyone have any experience using RPG Maker? How is it?

I am only now getting started with it after buying the "VX Ace" version last year. I have only messed around with editing existing projects so far, but it is pretty easy to fumble through. I have only ever used editors for existing games, I have never used a game creator type of program, so this is all new stuff for me.

I had two reasons for buying it. The community is HUGE. There is a tremendous amount of community created content available for use in projects. Not being a particularly talented artist this was a big bonus for me. There are a great many tutorial videos available on Youtube that are made by community members and aimed at complete rookies. VERY helpful but if you are a quick study you will be fst-forwarding quite a bit.

The other great feature is that it can publish to multiple platforms. I want to make a game for my two youngest nephews, but if my other nephews and nieces want to play it I can push it to whatever they want to play it on. (well, not "whatever"..but you get my meaning) *It should be noted that you don't have to pay a licensing fee should you decide to publish your game, regardless of platform.

I bought "Hero's Tale Enhanced Edition" from ShinyLoot today (for Windows) for $1.00 from their Christmas sale. It is an excellent example of what RPG Maker can do from a technical stand point, even if the story itself is a bit vanilla. Might not be a bad thing to check out if you are thinking of making your own game.

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 2013, 11:46.

21. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2013, 04:34 Dacron

Steam has had deals on "War Thunder" a free to play WW2 plane game, got hooked after buying a pack of premium time and what not. The arcade is fun, but realistic/historical battles are amazing and quite immersive, difficult but rewarding.  

20. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2013, 01:21 jdreyer

@ Acleacius

I'm thinking Moretz probably won't be a hottie. Her face is not a classic beauty, although it's unique and interesting. She is fantastically talented, and my favorite actress under 20.

19. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2013, 01:19 jdreyer

Whoa, System Shock 2 for $2.50. Great deal. Classic game.  

18. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2013, 01:15 jdreyer

Anyone have any experience using RPG Maker? How is it?  

17. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2013, 01:11 Flatline

Contagion looks promising but probably needs some more cooking time.  

16. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 21:18 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 19:57:
"Quagmire: Alyssa Milano, I knew you were gonna be hot when you were nine."
I'm guessing the same about Chloë Grace Moretz.

Anyone got a chance to try Contagion? Looks like it might be Coop, instead of pvp. Also not being forced to drink water every 5 min or constantly hounded to drink, is a plus to me.

Damn, doesn't say if prices on GamersGate are EU or US.

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 2013, 21:55.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

15. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 19:57 Cutter

"Quagmire: Alyssa Milano, I knew you were gonna be hot when you were nine."

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

14. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 18:21 Techie714 ©

Prez wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 17:39:
Shadow Warrior and Rise of the Triad are extremely different. Shadow Warrior is a modern day remake of an old classic, loaded with modern day FPS mechanics. RotT on the other hand is a throwback in every sense of the word. It's old school - we're talking Little House on the Prairie, Laura-Engels-in-a-one-room-schoolhouse old school.

LMAO, Fukn Prez you crack me up!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

13. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 17:39 Prez

Shadow Warrior and Rise of the Triad are extremely different. Shadow Warrior is a modern day remake of an old classic, loaded with modern day FPS mechanics. RotT on the other hand is a throwback in every sense of the word. It's old school - we're talking Little House on the Prairie, Laura-Engels-in-a-one-room-schoolhouse old school.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 17:04 Acleacius

ShinyLoot  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

11. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 16:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Silicon Avatar wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 15:42:
I didn't see anything I wanted so I decided to fire up my old Star Trek Online account and check out the Christmas specials.

It had 8 gigs of updates. Damn.
Ahaha. Didn't update before the new season was released I take it? The new content is pretty good btw, and if you liked the borg, hints laid out in the new content suggest there's more borg stuff coming in the future so with any luck, it'll be fun. As for the Dyson sphere stuff, I'm damn well enjoying the battleground content.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 16:54 Fibrocyte

beaves wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 15:25
uicksave f5 quickload f6[/quote:

That's... hilarious!

9. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 16:53 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 13:58:
nin wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 13:48:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 13:44:
It's only because of goofy bastards at Blue's that I would even look twice at Euro Truck Simulator 2 Gold. The shame.

Did you like it?

It's a game I would absolutely own if I were single and had evenings free. I think it looks awesome.

It IS awesome!

8. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 15:42 Silicon Avatar

I didn't see anything I wanted so I decided to fire up my old Star Trek Online account and check out the Christmas specials.

It had 8 gigs of updates. Damn.

7. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 15:25 beaves

quicksave f5 quickload f6

ROTT is a blast. rocketlaunchers everywhere.

6. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 14:31 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 14:00:
The new Rise of the Triad is on sale FOR THREE DOLLARS for the next 7 hours. You'll not find a better deal today methinks.

Flamethrower

About the new RotT, after playing the Shadow Warrior remake, rott feels like a turd I mean the rott remake is more faithful, but damn it feels unpolished and kinda broken. I played an hour or two, died a bunch of times and had to restart entire damn levels(it felt) and painstakingly find every secret, AGAIN, and just gave up forever. I'm probably going to give it another go later.
Shadow Warrior on the other hand is almost nothing like the original, but it's an actual fun game... With better level design it would have been the perfect remake.

5. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 14:29 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 14:00:
The new Rise of the Triad is on sale FOR THREE DOLLARS for the next 7 hours. You'll not find a better deal today methinks.

Flamethrower

Do you know how it compares to Serious Sam 3?

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo