Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: etc. Dec 25, 2013, 14:11 Ant

Blizzard can't donate??!?! WoW.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: etc. Dec 24, 2013, 11:39 Creston

Nobody is screwing with his benefits. This is just how STD and LTD work, unless the company buys true-up LTD for people.

Neither Blizzard nor Activision have done anything wrong. On the flipside, they haven't really done anything worth mentioning either, since they're obviously more than happy to let one of the guys who built WoW go bankrupt and watch his family get evicted.

Quality place, that Blizzard.

11. Re: etc. Dec 24, 2013, 04:28 The Half Elf

Ok but is it Blizzard or Activision that's doing the screwing of benefits? Everything I have heard of Blizzard pre-Activision was like living at Disneyland, but since Activision....  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: etc. Dec 23, 2013, 23:22 Sepharo

PHJF wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 12:32:
That mod is ridonkulous. The guy took the models/animations from RE4 and ported them all over into sprites???

hahaha omg. That is insane. I love the neck breaker animation.

Also gives me flashbacks of playing that mercenary mode for like a year straight in college. A group of friends and I 5 starred every level with every character and it wasn't easy (especially since none of us are really console gamers).

9. Re: etc. Dec 23, 2013, 20:49 Cutter

Yeah, I'm sure Kodick and pals are all broken up about this as they blow rails off hookers asses on their yachts. I feel for the guy but shit, I doubt 3/4's of the people out there make as much as Blizzard people do or even get any kind of benefits.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

8. Re: etc. Dec 23, 2013, 16:41 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 12:48:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 12:30:
In most cases companies won't pay a penny more than what they are legally obliged to. No limit of profit matters, none. Is that even a revelation to anyone?

Not all companies are like that. I've been in several companies where they helped out their employees in times of need. In fact, I've worked for one company that helped ME out in my time of need.

But expecting that from a money-first shithole like Blizzard is obviously wrong.

Most cases...

7. Re: etc. Dec 23, 2013, 15:00 Julio

Blizzard can choose to step up, or not at all. I'm not surprised they're letting their employee die rather than step up.

Companies are all about profits, they really don't care about their employees - and here's a good example.

6. Re: etc. Dec 23, 2013, 13:01 Darks

This is really sad, but in all seriousness, Blizzards owner Mike Morhaime should be the standup guy and help this person. If they don’t, then again, Blizzard can kiss my ass. This is someone that worked his butt off and helped make Blizzard into what it is today. Totally sad to see Blizzard not helping this person out.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

5. Re: etc. Dec 23, 2013, 12:48 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 12:30:
In most cases companies won't pay a penny more than what they are legally obliged to. No limit of profit matters, none. Is that even a revelation to anyone?

Not all companies are like that. I've been in several companies where they helped out their employees in times of need. In fact, I've worked for one company that helped ME out in my time of need.

But expecting that from a money-first shithole like Blizzard is obviously wrong.

4. Re: etc. Dec 23, 2013, 12:32 PHJF

That mod is ridonkulous. The guy took the models/animations from RE4 and ported them all over into sprites???  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: etc. Dec 23, 2013, 12:30 HorrorScope

2. Re: etc. Dec 23, 2013, 12:13 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 11:04:
Okay, so what is the story here? The a gap in the way insurance works, or that Blizzard is cheaping out on their employee's health care coverage?

It's not his health insurance, but his disability insurance. When you get so sick that you can't work for awhile (and thus get no salary in the US. Yay.) you can have short term disability basically cover your salary for a term of 2 to 26 weeks.

Once your STD (lulz!!!!!) is done, you will go into long term disability, which pays less (usually 60% of salary), but depending on how it's set up, it may take awhile for that to kick in. Quite a few companies will only pay for LTD insurance to kick in after a year of you becoming disabled. And since your STD will typically only last 26 weeks, you're stuck for 6 months without a salary.

I can't really judge if Blizzard cheapened out on buying disability insurance, to be honest, but my own company has 6 months of STD-100%, and then you immediately go into LTD-60%, and I bought that up to 70% for like 10 bucks a month.

Quite frankly, if the guy needs 25K, and Blizzard makes 120 million dollars a month off the game he helped design, why aren't they just giving him 25K? THAT right there is cheap.

1. Re: etc. Dec 23, 2013, 11:04 Mr. Tact

Okay, so what is the story here? The a gap in the way insurance works, or that Blizzard is cheaping out on their employee's health care coverage?  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo