Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered

Ten For The Chairman - Episode 3 is a new video featuring Chris Roberts of Roberts Space Industries answering 10 community-submitted questions about Star Citizen, RSI's upcoming space game. Most of the topics center around the recently delayed Dogfighting Module, including how it should serve as a "great benchmarking tool" to see how your rig will run the eventual final game, more on why it is delayed, its size and scope, whether it will include a tutorial like the one from Elite Dangerous (which he admits to playing), how they will increase the number of weapons and items available following the module's release, balancing ship sizes, how the flight model will be tweaked based on feedback, how they will collect data from testing, and more. Thanks Massively.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 20, 2013, 17:02 Flatline

Creston wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 19:25:
Flatline wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 15:26:
Sort of. Adama pointed out that there were a bunch of relatively complicated computers in Galactica, the trick is that they weren't networked, so at most the Cylons could only hack one system at a time.

Even though it was a very cool plot point, all throughout I kept thinking "You guys can build ships that can hyperjump, but you can't figure out you should TURN OFF YOUR DAMN WIFI WHEN FIGHTING THE CYLONS??"

Amen to that LOL.

It makes sense sort of that the CNP was open to attack because it ties all systems together into one central master system in order to increase efficiency supposedly. That includes comms and sensors, which are both vulnerable to exploitation.

Getting Six into the sack must have been pretty goddamn awesome to convince Baltar that the same vulnerability and attack vector from the previous war was null and void these days.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 20, 2013, 02:56 El Pit

SlimRam wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 21:35:
panbient wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 19:13:
Cyanotetyphas wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 17:58:
Did they say in the video at what stretch goal they'll release the game?

The only stretch goal I'm concerned with is Space Burrito Surprise!

*Leaning close to the monitor and whispering out of the side of my mouth* ...well, the rumor is that at the 50 million mark. When you order the 'Space Burrito Surprise' at the promenade food court in game, a local mexican restaurant will actually DELIVER one to your house *nodding*....it's true

Almost right. Not when the project hits $50 million, but when YOUR contribution hits $50 million.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

18. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 21:35 SlimRam

panbient wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 19:13:

*Leaning close to the monitor and whispering out of the side of my mouth* ...well, the rumor is that at the 50 million mark. When you order the 'Space Burrito Surprise' at the promenade food court in game, a local mexican restaurant will actually DELIVER one to your house *nodding*....it's true

The last time I went to a funeral, I looked over at the widow then look down at her husband's body and said, "I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that suit."

17. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 20:21 BobBob

InBlack wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 10:23:

I kind of have to be available at all times at work so goofing off with phones would be a big No, no!

I can't believe a business would hire you, pay you and actually expect you to work. What's next, performance and status reports?

16. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 19:25 Creston

Flatline wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 15:26:
Sort of. Adama pointed out that there were a bunch of relatively complicated computers in Galactica, the trick is that they weren't networked, so at most the Cylons could only hack one system at a time.

Even though it was a very cool plot point, all throughout I kept thinking "You guys can build ships that can hyperjump, but you can't figure out you should TURN OFF YOUR DAMN WIFI WHEN FIGHTING THE CYLONS??"

15. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 19:13 panbient

14. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 17:58 Cyanotetyphas

Did they say in the video at what stretch goal they'll release the game? 50 million?

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

13. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 15:26 Flatline

ItBurn wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 14:31:
Beamer wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 14:28:
Why is the font in the video made of nixie-tubes? Are the starfighters of the future using cold-war era, dead Soviet tech?

I mean, nixies are awesome and I love my nixie clock, but I wouldn't build my starfighter with the tech!

In Battlestar Gallactica, they use old tech like this instead of digital equipement in order to not get hacked by their enemies...

In the pilot Gaeta actually mentioned to Baltar that the CNP that Baltar wrote had been compromised, but since it wasn't networked to anything no damage was done.

12. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 14:31 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 14:28:
Why is the font in the video made of nixie-tubes? Are the starfighters of the future using cold-war era, dead Soviet tech?

I mean, nixies are awesome and I love my nixie clock, but I wouldn't build my starfighter with the tech!

In Battlestar Gallactica, they use old tech like this instead of digital equipement in order to not get hacked by their enemies...

11. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 14:28 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

10. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 14:21 CJ_Parker

harlock wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 12:44:
John wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 12:36:
You mean they haven't gotten another million yet?

78% towards 35 mil

Yep. The funding froze like being hit by liquid nitrogen when the DFM delay was announced.

9. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 14:08 NegaDeath

ElectricTurtle wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 14:06:

It'll happen tomorrow.

If the dogfighting preview looks good they'll probably get two mil.

8. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 14:06 ElectricTurtle

It'll happen tomorrow.

7. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 12:56 Tumbler

They have a live stream setup for Friday that is supposed to give a status report on the multiple fronts of development with the conclusion being a Demonstration of dogfighting from the LA office!

9am PST!

Gimme gimme gimme!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

6. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 12:44 harlock

78% towards 35 mil

5. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 12:36 John

This space is available for rent

4. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 11:13 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 10:23:
Task wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 10:18:
InBlack wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 10:07:
Im at work now so I cant listen to the Q&A but is there anything new in there?

Doncha have head phones bro?

I kind of have to be available at all times at work so goofing off with phones would be a big No, no!

If you watch it on youtube, you can turn on closed caption.
It is not perfect but you can understand most of it

Steam: SpectralMeat

3. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 10:23 InBlack

Task wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 10:18:

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 10:18 Task

To paraphrase some stuff:

Question 1 - will the dogfighting module be a good benchmark to determine if I need to upgrade before the official launch? Paraphrase answer: Yes, sort of, we are doing RND, however the dogfighting module will be to make sure everything is working with the backend, including customization of the ship for a proper test of features

Other question:

Progress on netcode? Dogfighting module was delayed slightly to make sure their backend, such as netcode, is integrated properly. At the same time they are integrated the dogfighting module and hanger module together. We are ahead of schedule on this integration, which is good news.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2013, 10:28.

1. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 19, 2013, 10:07 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo