Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DayZ Character Wipes

The DayZ Forums announce patch #2 is now live in the standalone version of DayZ, the zombie game which has become wildly successful in the brief time since its early access release (thanks IncGamers). The patch addresses a security issue that has also prompted a full character wipe, and Bohemia Interactive warns that this may not be the only time this happens during testing:

Important updates like this WILL attract database wipes during the alpha process. We apologize for the inconvenience but I am sure everyone can agree, it is not fair to keep going with the bad data and some of the unfinished items were spawned in game - which could cause crashes and other issues thus confusing our alpha testing. Many people were experiencing crashes relating to these items that had been created in the game.

I realize this is a little vague, but its our policy to be suitably vague about specifics regarding implemented security measures.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: DayZ Character Wipes Dec 19, 2013, 21:43 [VG]Reagle

The other day I was playing and teamed up with two players. They had alot of stuff and I only had a gun and some water.

After 30 minutes I noticed them both filling water bottles at the same time.

WHAT NEWBS.I CRANKED THEIR NOODLES FULL OF LEAD. DEAD MOTHER FU&*KRS.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAH AHAHAHWHAWHWHWA

OWNED their asses. I laughed so hard. Then I tea bagged them for 3 minutes straight tears running down my face. Oh the good times!!!! They talked like they had big plans about working as a team. WHAT A CROCK. Now they are DEAD with my NADS IN THEIR FACES. HAHAHAHAHA NEWBS

The First Newell
Gabe's Watching
[VG]Reagle Beagle
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: DayZ Character Wipes Dec 19, 2013, 19:39 Thermopyle

Frags4Fun wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 11:55:
It's more stable than BF4. Beatnik

indeed Elf

7. Re: DayZ Character Wipes Dec 19, 2013, 19:35 Kosh401

Haha, yeah that sucks. My buddy and I have been running around and mostly are coming across extremely cautious but non-hostile players. We even had a trade with 2 other players, our extra can opener for 2 canteens, compass, and 2 or 3 cans of food I dont remember. Of course now other things can be used to open cans (at a cost to losing some of the food) but before that patch can openers were like gold

Anyway, we always go our own way after running into other players exactly for the situation you had! It will be interesting to see how things develop as they keep adding more items to the game.

6. Re: DayZ Character Wipes Dec 19, 2013, 18:43 jacobvandy

A buddy and I were playing nice yesterday, teamed up with some other players we came across randomly. There's obviously an uneasiness on both sides, especially when guns are involved, but we got along for half an hour or so running around and looting. Made our way to Zelenogorsk, and we had just finished looting the new miitaru barracks there and the grocery store. Found a water well and decided to drink and fill our bottles... I guess the one guy still with us saw an opportunity with our guards down (weapons unequipped) and crouched right next to each other, and POW POW POW blew us away, lol.

On the bright side, bullet trauma often ruins most of what otherwise would be lootable on a person, so I doubt he got away with much. But that kind of betrayal from a guy who was literally 30 seconds before chatting away with us... It's the kind of thing that turns you to the shoot first, ask no questions mentality.

5. Re: DayZ Character Wipes Dec 19, 2013, 14:34 Fibrocyte

Darks wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 10:14:
The forums were alive with people complaining about the game. Most were saying the mod is better. I personally donít care for this kind of game because of all the player killing that goes on. It get to out of hand with people who like the camp and are being asshats about it.

PVP is a huge (intentional) factor in this game. You should expect the worst from most people you run across.

However, spawn camping is nonsense and you have the option to switch servers when that happens.

4. Re: DayZ Character Wipes Dec 19, 2013, 11:55 Frags4Fun

It's more stable than BF4. Beatnik  

3. Re: DayZ Character Wipes Dec 19, 2013, 10:40 BitWraith

Alpha is the time for this kind of feedback - when they can actually do something about it. You have to worry when you get this type of feedback in beta.

I'm pleased they're on-top of patches. I knew what I was getting into when I purchased this.

2. Re: DayZ Character Wipes Dec 19, 2013, 10:14 Darks

The forums were alive with people complaining about the game. Most were saying the mod is better. I personally donít care for this kind of game because of all the player killing that goes on. It get to out of hand with people who like the camp and are being asshats about it.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

1. Re: DayZ Character Wipes Dec 19, 2013, 09:59 Wallshadows

Given their track record of staying in alpha with the DayZ mod, expect this to be the norm until hell freezes over.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo