Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Lords Early Access

Steam news announces that Star Lords is now available under Valve's Early Access program:

Star Lords is an epic, complex, dense, turn-based 4X PC strategy game, set in deep space.

Take command of one race to join the struggle for supremacy in the galaxy. As the leader of your empire you are tasked with exploring the stars, colonizing new worlds, managing your empire and conquering whoever dares to oppose you.

The galaxy is full of secrets and dangers: Discover ancient ruins and artifacts, repel or befriend pirates, promote a general to guide your fleets to victory. Concoct complex plots with your allies or use your intelligence services to uncover weak spots on that threatening empire whose leader has vowed to destroy you.

Make sure to keep your population happy or be prepared to face protests against your rule, or in a worst case scenario, rebel factions within your empire.

View
24. Re: Star Lords Early Access Dec 7, 2013, 00:27 Kalthorn

(back to off-topic of StarDrive)

Darks, Spectral,

While I'm not going to try and dissuade you from purchasing it during a sale, as you'll probably get your money's worth, I do want to mention that the bad Steam review that was definitely not the opinion of just one guy with an axe to grind.

I know the developer of StarDrive and he really did do all those things and really is not apologetic about any of it. He does love games and making games. But he also doesn't give much of a shit about people as can be seen in his public responses on Reddit and the Steam forums.

The game isn't abandoned per se, there are some minor patches, but the majority of his time is clearly going to his new endeavors. StarDrive is not my kind of game so I have no first hand experience but even his die hard supporters and modders admit that there are still some major breaking bugs, out-of-memory crashes can still occur(your system memory does not matter), balance issues, shallow tech tree, and major lack of any challenge/content late game. If you buy it, you should mod the hell out of it and save often.

Given the amount of success and audience the game found, I would have expected more continued love from a developer, not the opposite. You don't remove content from a game you plan to improve just to be able to call it "feature complete." You don't announce that your one-man studio is starting not one, but two new projects while your five-month-old game still has massive bugs.

But that's me and that's politics.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Dec 6, 09:10 Re: Star Lords Early Access dj LiTh
  2. Dec 6, 09:57  Re: Star Lords Early Access InBlack
  3. Dec 6, 10:01   Re: Star Lords Early Access SpectralMeat
  4. Dec 6, 10:32 Re: Star Lords Early Access Cutter
  5. Dec 6, 10:41  Re: Star Lords Early Access Darks
  22. Dec 6, 21:06   Re: Star Lords Early Access MisterBenn
  6. Dec 6, 12:00 Re: Star Lords Early Access dj LiTh
  7. Dec 6, 12:09  Re: Star Lords Early Access SpectralMeat
  8. Dec 6, 12:29   Re: Star Lords Early Access Burrito of Peace