Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: etc. Dec 5, 2013, 19:29 Krovven

Yea "unknowns" is a stretch. As others mentioned Ben Foster is the biggest name on that list and has done some great work over the years. he is an 'A lister'. Dominic Cooper also has had some big roles.

Robert Kazinsky being best known as Warlow in Season 4 of True Blood and his role in Pacific Rim.

And Travis Fimmel from Vikings. If you haven't watched the first season of the show Vikings, do yourself a favor and seek it out! Second season is coming soon.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: etc. Dec 5, 2013, 16:59 Agent.X7

PHJF wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 16:49:
Tony Stark's dad in Iron Man was that guy from Mad Men. It was that other guy in Captain America.

Yup, you're right. I forgot Cooper wasn't the dad in the actual Iron Man movies.

Haha, just looked it up. 2 different guys for Howard Stark in the iron man movies. 1st one was someone else, then 2nd one was the guy from mad men, then Dominic Cooper in the Cap. movies. Guess it wasn't so noticeable that they keep changing him.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

6. Re: etc. Dec 5, 2013, 16:49 PHJF

Tony Stark's dad in Iron Man was that guy from Mad Men. It was that other guy in Captain America.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. Re: etc. Dec 5, 2013, 15:04 jdreyer

Duncan Jones knows what he's doing. Both Moon and Source Code were great. Admittedly, he was working with top tier actors like Sam Rockwell and Jake Gyllenhall, so it will be interesting to see what he does with his less well known (although equally talented?) cast. Not worried about that part though. I think The action may prove a challenge for him. He's not really done anything with much action, aside from a few scenes in Source Code. Just get the story right and stay away from camp. Peter Jackson did it pretty well in the LOTR series.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

4. Re: etc. Dec 5, 2013, 14:20 nin

(Tony Stark's dad in Iron man and Captain America)

I'd forgotten about him in that!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: etc. Dec 5, 2013, 12:44 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 10:51:
Yeah, and more than a couple of faces I recognize. Specifically Ben Foster and Dominic Cooper. If anyone's not seen The Devil's Double, I thought it was a good movie...

I was going to say, Ben Foster is in a ton of movies and TV shows. Angel in X-Men? The Mechanic, Pandorum, 3:10 to Yuma, etc.

Domonic Cooper is in a bunch of stuff too, although he is usually a secondary character. (Tony Stark's dad in Iron man and Captain America)

The rest of them are all experienced actors, but, yeah, pretty unknown. (Kazinsky was the annoying brother of Max Martini in Pacific Rim)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2. Re: etc. Dec 5, 2013, 10:51 nin

Yeah, and more than a couple of faces I recognize. Specifically Ben Foster and Dominic Cooper. If anyone's not seen The Devil's Double, I thought it was a good movie...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: etc. Dec 5, 2013, 10:45 Wallshadows

I prefer all of the actors to be relatively 'unknown' rather than dump all their money in to people like Brad Pitt. Creates a better movie experience if done right and I have faith that Duncan Keith and the rest over at Blizzard made the right calls on who should be on board.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo