Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Battlefield 4 Issues

A post from EA Support admits that yesterday's launch of the China Rising expansion for Premium Members of Battlefield 4 has introduced additional gameplay issues to the military shooter sequel (thanks Eurogamer). Also, a tweet by DICE's Mikael Hedberg (thanks reddit) admits the patch for the Windows edition that accompanied the expansion only partially addressed the one shot kill bug as intended, as half the problem is still waiting on fix. He says: "@barklassiebark there's another related issue. It's not quite the OHK, but it's related to how you die and may display as a OHK," later adding: "@barklassiebark it looks similar from the target's point of view. we are testing a fix." Here's the post from EA Help:

While exploring new battlegrounds in the Battlefield 4 expansion, China Rising, you may run into an occasional hiccup, issue, glitch, or problem that could interrupt or prohibit your gameplay.

Below, find all the gameplay affecting issues we’re currently aware of and tracking, as well as any workarounds or troubleshooting for issues we may have confirmed or discovered:
Be sure to check the Battlefield 4 base-game troubleshooting information for any issues as well.

The following are issues you may run in to when playing Battlefield 4 China Rising:

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 5, 2013, 13:59 xXBatmanXx

I got BF4 for 20 bux or something crazy, but I really like BF3 better. They changed some of the "feel" of BF4. When you jump, it isn't as floaty now. It is more concrete. It doesn't feel like you can jump as high or far, and it is very up and down. Hard to explain unless you try it.

I dunno. I still haven't figured out my textures issue - not a fan of BF4. Maps are overly large, and it can be some time until you find someone to fight. BF2 and other BF games did a good job of forcing fighting - but BF4 you can avoid fighting all together and cap points. The circle of influence for a flag is way too big.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 5, 2013, 07:49 gray

Didn't I already buy this expansion for BF2?

Money for old rope, looks like they're following the COD development model.

24. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 21:43 eRe4s3r

I think I can add a nice little funny thing here....

You know what happens when you pre-ordered but did not buy premium? If you a join a server with DLC map active you crash on load. If server changes to a DLC map, you crash without warning. If you select customize on Pacific large conquest, you crash to desktop.

Basically, currently you are stuck playing on 100% guaranteed no DLC servers or you will... crash.

I only paid what, 30€ for this, but I am getting fed up as well, they didn't even fix the god damn 1 hit kill bug properly. Because it still happens randomly.

And of course, you can't join 50% of the servers because of random error msg .... dice did it again.

23. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 19:32 DedEye

Seems like more of a money grab than an effort to make a real BF game. Glad I passed on this one.

1942 was the best; looks like Dice/EA is either unable to repeat the magic or unwilling to.

22. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 18:06 Jackplug

Oh dear, looks like Dice have yet again failed to suprise me in their ritual of fixing sod all..

Just glad that I never bought it...

21. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 17:47 Agent.X7

Metro was never meant to be a 64 player CQ map. It works best in Rush with 32 players, which is fun. 32 player CQ is also OK on it, but still very spammy.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

20. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 17:31 atomicfro

I don't think they ever fixed the upside down hit box on the Blackhawk in bf2. I don't expect them to fix anything  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2013, 17:20 Rigs

DangerDog wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 14:04:
Verno wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:32:
My buddy with premium tells me the DLC isn't very good and seems pretty low effort. No serious levolution (what a dumb word), little to no destructibility except in middle points of a few maps and lots of imbalance in high ground vs low. Sounds like cherry picking the good DLC instead of Premium is the way to go.

The maps are huge but seriously lack any effort in terms of new assets, they didn't put any new structures or buildings. I've only played the maps in rush mode so far, they seem to be designed around the 24 player limit on last gen consoles and not 64 player limit on the new ones or the PC.

The DLC isn't looking too good, they have one pack that's dedicated to naval combat. Unless that brings some sort of Titan mode with aircraft carriers it's going to suck. I think as soon as the remake of Metro comes out it's going to turn into 24/7 Metro for most servers just like Nuke Town does for Call of Duty.

Fuckin' Metro...I HATE that damn map with a passion! Get on one with 60+ players and you can HEAR the front from a mile away and good luck if you get close...then good luck GETTING OUT without getting blown to bits! *shudder* No, that's not what I call 'combat', that's a fucking boxing match! Now put me on the Caspian Border and I'll be a happy...uh...camper...

I got BF4 as a gift and while I was happy not having to pay for it, I can't believe some of the glitches that exist in this 'AAA title'...the funniest for me was the second SP mission, when you go up the tower to 'rescue VIPs' and the game crashed before I got to the building, so when I fired it up again, loading the level dropped me IN FRONT OF THE BUILDING, no where NEAR my guys (they were still running over the roof of the building across the street) and since I didn't know where they were and didn't know where they went (I could still HEAR them and see their sub-titles though, go figure), I ran around to the sliding doors and went in the building to go up the elevator. Well, rounding around the corner, the elevator part HADN'T LOADED YET because my guys hadn't gotten there yet and I wasn't SUPPOSED to be there yet, so I go through this huge HOLE in the wall and drop into a HUGE PIT in the middle of nowhere, where the textures had been stretched down (I guess where they fit the elevator's when they actually LOAD) and I couldn't do or go anywhere but I could watch everything going on up above (as if I fell through the level but...didn't). I finally saw my guys running into the building and as they went around the corner... .... .... ...the game crashed.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2013, 03:53.

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

18. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 16:45 Asmo

Just lol...  

17. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 14:04 DangerDog

Verno wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:32:
My buddy with premium tells me the DLC isn't very good and seems pretty low effort. No serious levolution (what a dumb word), little to no destructibility except in middle points of a few maps and lots of imbalance in high ground vs low. Sounds like cherry picking the good DLC instead of Premium is the way to go.

The maps are huge but seriously lack any effort in terms of new assets, they didn't put any new structures or buildings. I've only played the maps in rush mode so far, they seem to be designed around the 24 player limit on last gen consoles and not 64 player limit on the new ones or the PC.

The DLC isn't looking too good, they have one pack that's dedicated to naval combat. Unless that brings some sort of Titan mode with aircraft carriers it's going to suck. I think as soon as the remake of Metro comes out it's going to turn into 24/7 Metro for most servers just like Nuke Town does for Call of Duty.

16. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 13:36 Beelzebud

Dumb ass me decided that since BF3 was fun (got it on the origin humble bundle), I'd go ahead and pre-order BF4...

I must have been temporarily insane, because I guess I just forgot how fucking horrible EA was. The game isn't as crash-happy as it was for the first month after release, but it's still got more flaws than should be tolerated from a "AAA" game.

Lesson re-learned... Again... No more pre-orders from anything under the EA label ever again. I mean it this time! This was "fool me twice" so the shame is all on me.

15. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 13:32 Verno

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

14. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 13:20 Agent.X7

I play this on my laptop at the store and my desktop at home, and my only issues seem to be the one shot kills. Very few crashes since launch, servers I play on are stable. Haven't heard much complaining on the servers about crashes or bad connections. Just the usual THIS GAME SUCKS!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE! From people that get killed.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

13. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 13:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

The sad thing is, this game is fucking amazing, IF the stars are aligned and you have a decent connection to a decent server and nothing crashes. Shooting choppers and jets down with a tank is still hilarious, as is mowing down infantry trying to run up and C4 my tank. I've been using the attack jet more as well, it's stupidly fun even with my mouse/keyboard setup and no separate sensitivity settings.

I'm starting to get the classic "Your Connection to EA Online was lost" issue again, which is extremely aggravating. If that happens, of course you are immediately disconnected from the actual game, which can crash/disconnect you on its own with ease.

Oh well, holiday sales are here again; I gave in and bought Far Cry 3 for like 7.49 or whatever, could be time to play some single player FPS action.

12. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 12:49 Cutter

More poopyfield for issues?!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

11. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 12:42 Nurgel

It'll be a great game once they iron out the bugs, but til then I'd steer clear. Yeah, i'm a premium subscriber.  

10. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 12:08 jdreyer

But they beat Call of Dooty by a week!!111 Aren't they great???!!111  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

9. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 11:51 ASeven

DICE showing once again they have become nothing more than a shitty developer. This is one major clusterfuck of a release and I dare say it rivals SimCity with its ongoing issues and woes.

So glad I swore off DICE after BC2.

8. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 11:23 Frags4Fun

I am absolutely shocked by this! /sarcasm  

7. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 11:09 ViRGE

Verno wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 09:55:
It really annoys me that they're not only shipping DLC before fixing some pretty glaring problems in the game but also introducing even more bugs into the equation.
Keep in mind that DLC development primarily involves art and scripting, whereas the bulk of the bugs are in the engine. It looks better to fix the bugs first, but having the content teams twiddling their thumbs is not very productive.

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo