Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

It (typically) took a little longer than I planned, but I wrote up a little rambling eulogy for Hudson the wonder dog. Nothing anyone has to read, I just felt better going through the process, and I appreciate your indulgence. There is one point in the conclusion that bears repeating for all, however: "Thank you so much for letting me share her with you."

Rambling Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Famaze.
Links: Happy Thanksgivukkah! Calendar Quirks Cause Rare Overlap Between Hanukkah, Thanksgiving.
The dramatic rescue of a survivor trapped three days in a sunken ship.
Science: In mice, fear learned by parents is transferred to their offspring.
Messy children make better learners.
Media: Sign Spinner NINJA.
The Mother-in-Law Contract. NSFW.
Solving 'Connect Four'. Thanks nin.
Follow-up: Air pollution and genetics combine to increase risk for autism.
How Paul Walker's Death Impacts "Fast 7". Thanks Agent.X7.

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

52. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2013, 07:36 Redmask

Ahumado wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 16:49:
Now that's a valid question. If Blue was my friend and I was in a room with him and everyday he moaned some more about Hudson...Yes I would tell him what I did. Now, Blue is not my friend and never will be so then the question becomes if I was in a room with anyone and they moaned on and on about their loss I wouldn't have waited as long as I did. I see life differently then you girls. I deal with loss differently. I don't need hugs on a daily basis. Yep it's anonymous here and all the girls that ripped me a new one are anonymous to me. And I will wager I know more about loss and am more empathetic then any 10 of you. Thanks for the forum...now you girls go watch Oprah and Dr Phil.

No one cares, stop whining.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2013, 18:57 jdreyer

Ahumado wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 16:49:
LesCaster wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 11:05:
Ahumado wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 09:52:
I posted sound and solid advice for Blue I just didn't sugar coat it and I get bullied. Pay attention you will all be better for it.

Let me ask you, if you were in a room face to face with Blue, would you have said what you said and in the same way you said it? No, you wouldn't and you know why? Because you're an anonymous attention-seeking coward. What a sad little life you lead.

Now that's a valid question. If Blue was my friend and I was in a room with him and everyday he moaned some more about Hudson...Yes I would tell him what I did. Now, Blue is not my friend and never will be so then the question becomes if I was in a room with anyone and they moaned on and on about their loss I wouldn't have waited as long as I did. I see life differently then you girls. I deal with loss differently. I don't need hugs on a daily basis. Yep it's anonymous here and all the girls that ripped me a new one are anonymous to me. And I will wager I know more about loss and am more empathetic then any 10 of you. Thanks for the forum...now you girls go watch Oprah and Dr Phil.

Well, now you've done it. You've motivated me to learn the Ignore function of this website. Not even Rollinthundr or Space Captain could to that. Kudos!

Live long, and prosper.

50. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2013, 16:49 Ahumado

LesCaster wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 11:05:
I posted sound and solid advice for Blue I just didn't sugar coat it and I get bullied. Pay attention you will all be better for it.

Let me ask you, if you were in a room face to face with Blue, would you have said what you said and in the same way you said it? No, you wouldn't and you know why? Because you're an anonymous attention-seeking coward. What a sad little life you lead.

49. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2013, 11:05 LesCaster

I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness.

48. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2013, 10:01 nin

If you mean "rude and insensitive" then yes.

http://henryandheidi.libsyn.com/rss

47. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2013, 09:58 Verno

"bullied" aww you poor wittle guy! People should be more tolerant of your rude internet machismo. I'm sure "suck it up" never occurred to him at all, that wisdom you're tossing out is really worthwhile.

Playing: The Witcher 3
Watching: True Detective

46. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2013, 09:52 Ahumado

45. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2013, 05:52 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 04:24:
Ahumado wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 20:42:
I don't think it insulting to tell someone that they need to move on and be a man.

You're not only insensitive, but also a stupid idiot. Post after post explains to you that, yes, it is insulting, yet you're still fucking at it. You're a unfeeling psychopath with no ability to learn from your mistakes.

Blue does this site two updates a day, seven days a week, 4.5 weeks a month, 365.25 days a year. This blog IS his life, and if he wants to take a few days IN THE FUCKING PERSONAL COMMENT SECTION to talk about his dog, you can shut your fucking mouth and give him that slack. It's completely normal to need days, weeks, months to process the loss of a loved one. For many people, their dogs are their family, children. If you lost your wife or child, would you like some douche to tell you to stop blubbering and man up?

I hear that IGN is looking for commenters, go pollute their comment section.

The troll got you good man, I know its not easy to resist the bait but you gotta remember this kind of shit gets him off, sexually probably. Reistance is NOT futile

I have a nifty blue line!

44. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2013, 04:24 jdreyer

I don't think it insulting to tell someone that they need to move on and be a man.

You're not only insensitive, but also a stupid idiot. Post after post explains to you that, yes, it is insulting, yet you're still fucking at it. You're a unfeeling psychopath with no ability to learn from your mistakes.

Blue does this site two updates a day, seven days a week, 4.5 weeks a month, 365.25 days a year. This blog IS his life, and if he wants to take a few days IN THE FUCKING PERSONAL COMMENT SECTION to talk about his dog, you can shut your fucking mouth and give him that slack. It's completely normal to need days, weeks, months to process the loss of a loved one. For many people, their dogs are their family, children. If you lost your wife or child, would you like some douche to tell you to stop blubbering and man up?

I hear that IGN is looking for commenters, go pollute their comment section.

Live long, and prosper.

43. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2013, 02:36 BobBob

-

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2013, 08:58.

Don't like my post? Submit a complaint

42. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2013, 23:13 Redmask

I don't think it's insulting to point out that you're an unbelievable moron for saying it.

41. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2013, 22:52 Sepharo

-

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2013, 02:59.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2013, 22:45 BobBob

Not even worth this reply. Hitting ignore button.

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 2013, 22:52.

39. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2013, 22:43 BobBob

Reminder to self. Don't feed the trolls.  

38. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2013, 20:42 Ahumado

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 16:13:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 15:49:
Hey, Tomb Raider still on sale for $10. Anyone play on PC? How is it? I looks linear with a lot of QTEs.

Played on PS3. One of my favorite games of the year. It's a lot like Uncharted this time around. 3rd person, climbing, jumping, puzzle solving, shooting. Game advancement is linear, but you can travel back to parts of the island you have been to for supplies and to finish missed stuff. Maps are a bit more open then Uncharted on some levels.

37. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2013, 20:41 Ahumado

I could adjust to being banned if Blue grew one because of my post  

36. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2013, 20:13 PhysicalEd

Thanks for sharing your memories of Hudson with us.

You'll be very happy you wrote that years from now, in fact you might want to write more for yourself. It seems unbelievable but there are things you will start to forget years from now. Writing to yourself like this will help you always remember.

I hope you all and Gunnar are doing OK. I know how it feels.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2013, 19:32 eDave

Just a wonderful eulogy Blue. Hoping the process, and sharing with us, has brought you at least a little more peace with it all. This feels like a virtual funeral and is nice of you to include us.

“To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.”
- Thomas Campbell

34. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2013, 18:55 Slayblaze

Thanks for sharing that wonderfully touching eulogy Blue, so sorry for the loss of a great friend that will never be far from your thoughts and memories. My first dog was lost to being hit by a car and died, drawing her last breath in my arms, and though it happened many years ago the pain has not lessened as much as I would have hoped. I switched to being a "cat person" after that, and actually don't really like dogs very much anymore but reading that farewell to Hudson made me recall the time when I loved my dog so much. Thanks for writing!

33. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - $29.99 Dec 3, 2013, 18:10 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 16:09:
So all that with Bats AO, Don't Starve, etc. is going to keep me situated pretty well for a while. And is anyone else really into Don't Starve? I find it very addictive.

Yeah, I have been playing it. It's my kind of game. There's a lot more to it than I thought.

Live long, and prosper.

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo