Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week

EA's Battlelog has details on a patch DICE hopes to deploy this week for the PC edition of Battlefield 4 (thanks Joystiq/GameInformer). Among other things, this should address the bug resulting in unintended one-shot kills. Here are the patch notes:

• Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
  • Fixed the audio bug where audio sometimes randomly dropped out while playing on certain multiplayer maps (typically Golmud Railway and Hainan Resort)
  • Fixed the "one-hit kill bug" where occasionally damage from a single bullet was applied multiple times
  • Fixed a common crash that would occur when exiting from the Single Player Campaign to Main Menu
  • Tweaked the network and computer performance screen to show proper values. Players can now test their computer and network connection and get recommendations if they need to adjust something to improve their gameplay experience.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 2, 2013, 13:58 Verno

I have no plans to get Premium, the DLC was very hit and mess in BF3 so I'd rather pick and choose. There are few waits for any servers so the queue jumping thing is pointless and I don't care about boosts or battlepacks.

BF4 is really buggy, the PC version is less fucked than the PS4 version but man there are still some real head scratchers. Hit registration is still a big problem and I have to agree with 4D about the dodgy lateral movement.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 2, 2013, 13:58 4D-Boxing

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 21:26:
Bucky wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 13:51:
Trevellian wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 13:37:
Fixed the "one-hit kill bug" where occasionally damage from a single bullet was applied multiple times

Fucking seriously?

Yes. I spent a lot of time not playing and waiting for the first patch just to fix the crash issues, and now I've spent more time not playing and waiting for the bloody One Hit Kill bug to get fixed. That and the insanely annoying screen blur.

I'll try playing again once this patch is released. If I run face first into another glaring bug that I can't overlook, I'll write the game off as a loss and wait for Titanfall to get my multiplayer fix.

You seem eerily hyped about Titalfall... remember what happens to hyped games when hype meets reality..... never ends well. ^^

Sure would want a better MP game than Battlefield though....

I can't blame the guy for being hyped. Its not like there is much out there. Lots of mediocre fox released in 2013.BF4 is the best online fps simply because there is very little competition. Ghost, Arma 3 and planetside. BF4 is the most playable of all those options. Mediocre but more fun than the others. If they could only patch the movement. What's up with the lack of lateral movement? The slowest moving land vehicle can run you over at crawling speed cause you can't go left or right quickly. In other words, it feels like later movement was nurfed to give snipers and vehicles a chance (not that they needed more of an edge lol)

25. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 2, 2013, 11:53 MajorD

Fantaz wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 17:12:
I bought BF4 from Amazon for $24.99 from the BF sale, still haven't tried it yet... also waiting for a deal on Premium, but should be same or cheaper than I paid for the game.

WOW, that that is a smoken' price. Right now the PC-DVD version is $39.99 & FREE Shipping on Amazon, which is decent.

24. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 2, 2013, 09:35 eRe4s3r

Frags4Fun wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 08:15:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 18:27:
I will post it again since only 1 person responded - is it just me, or are the depth of textures not as good in BF4?

Maybe I am crazy.....

The map also loads levels of textures - I usually start a map with a floating gun - maybe I have some driver or gfx issues. Should be maxed with my 660 Ti OC.

Are you using AA Post Processing or whatever it's called? That seems to blur it a lot. As far as the floating gun, I have no idea. I haven't seen that.

You can see that if you have a SSD
You are loaded into the level (if you click spawn ASAP) before all textures are done loading. Happens to me every 2nd round, but it's the first 3 seconds of the game so nothing matters there.

23. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 2, 2013, 08:33 SpectralMeat

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 21:26:
Waiting for the Planetside2 recommendation to drop any minute now

Steam: SpectralMeat

22. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 2, 2013, 08:15 Frags4Fun

I will post it again since only 1 person responded - is it just me, or are the depth of textures not as good in BF4?

Maybe I am crazy.....

The map also loads levels of textures - I usually start a map with a floating gun - maybe I have some driver or gfx issues. Should be maxed with my 660 Ti OC.

Are you using AA Post Processing or whatever it's called? That seems to blur it a lot. As far as the floating gun, I have no idea. I haven't seen that.

21. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 21:26 eRe4s3r

Bucky wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 13:51:
Fixed the "one-hit kill bug" where occasionally damage from a single bullet was applied multiple times

Fucking seriously?

Yes. I spent a lot of time not playing and waiting for the first patch just to fix the crash issues, and now I've spent more time not playing and waiting for the bloody One Hit Kill bug to get fixed. That and the insanely annoying screen blur.

I'll try playing again once this patch is released. If I run face first into another glaring bug that I can't overlook, I'll write the game off as a loss and wait for Titanfall to get my multiplayer fix.

You seem eerily hyped about Titalfall... remember what happens to hyped games when hype meets reality..... never ends well. ^^

20. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 20:56 siapnar

I find some textures are very hi-def and some are not. The game still looks much better than BF3 though, with the amazing effects and lighting quality

I have projectile dysfunction.
------------------------------
Playing: Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, DiRT 2, Trials Frontier

19. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 18:59 Raptor

Fucking seriously?

They found a way to fix realism!

18. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 18:27 xXBatmanXx

Maybe I am crazy.....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

17. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 18:24 siapnar

Beelzebud wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 17:16:
Given how 2 maps still crash about 80% of the time (Dawnbreaker and Siege of Shanghai) I really hope this is not the full release notes...
You and me both

This game crashes like a ma' fucka

I have projectile dysfunction.
------------------------------
Playing: Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, DiRT 2, Trials Frontier

16. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 18:17 Rhett

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 17:50:
Flak wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 17:18:
I bought BF4 from Amazon for $24.99 from the BF sale, still haven't tried it yet... also waiting for a deal on Premium, but should be same or cheaper than I paid for the game.

Without angering the EA overlords, a search engine query for 'battlefield 4 mexico' will yield profitable results. You didn't hear it from me Alien Eres bienvenido

There is now word that doing so will invalidate your account from future Origin purchases.....you can add keys to your Origin account, but you will no longer be able to buy directly from Origin.

Oh my.

15. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 17:50 xXBatmanXx

Flak wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 17:18:

Without angering the EA overlords, a search engine query for 'battlefield 4 mexico' will yield profitable results. You didn't hear it from me Alien Eres bienvenido

There is now word that doing so will invalidate your account from future Origin purchases.....you can add keys to your Origin account, but you will no longer be able to buy directly from Origin.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

14. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 17:18 Flak

13. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 17:16 Beelzebud

Given how 2 maps still crash about 80% of the time (Dawnbreaker and Siege of Shanghai) I really hope this is not the full release notes...  

12. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 17:12 Fantaz

11. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 16:50 RaZ0r!

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 16:19:
Anyone think the details and textures are lower in this than BF3?

No not at all. It clearly looks much better to me than BF3 which is quite a feat in my opinion. Now I am comparing BF3 on Ultra to BF4 on Ultra. I have no idea what either game looks like on other quality settings.

10. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 16:19 xXBatmanXx

huh? One hit? That sounds right - of course I play HC only.

Anyone think the details and textures are lower in this than BF3?

9. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 16:12 RaZ0r!

The whole network slider thing and test is a cop out. Nobody had to tweak or adjust BF3 for good network performance, and I don't want to tweak BF4, just fix it. I thought netcode was a problem in the '90s?  

8. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 15:21 Tumbler

Figures, I think the first map pack hits this week. 4 older maps I believe. I expected the earliest I could expect to come back to this game would be when that map pack arrived. I think China Rising might be out next week too?

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo