Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

View
45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

45. Re: On Sale Dec 2, 2013, 13:04 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 03:50:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 13:55:
Quinn wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 10:59:
Moog wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 08:14:
nin wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 03:18:
Skyrim is the same way...they still want a minimum of $10 each for the two main DLCs...
If you have Vanilla Skyrim, can't you just buy the Legendary edition and, in effect, add all the DLC to your vanilla copy? Well, if the 75% off hadn't finished.

This. The next time I'm gonna hear an adult whine about the Skyrim DLC prices when the Legendary version is going away for 13 euros, I'm gonna shoot someone.
Lol, why would a person buy Legendary if they already have Skyrim? Then you have 2 Skyrim games and 1 Dlc. I'm new to Steam so I don't know all the rules but are you guys suggesting we can just give away the Skyrim from Legendary and keep the Dlc ?

Legendary Edition has all 3 DLC, not just 1. I assume that if you already own Skyrim, buying the Legendary Edition would just give you the DLC. That's how it works with most games that have GotY editions.

What Jerykk said.

Who cares, really, what happens with the second Skyrim you buy. You'll have Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn for 13 euros (15 dollars?). It's a steal.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

44. Re: On Sale Dec 2, 2013, 03:50 Jerykk

Acleacius wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 13:55:
Skyrim is the same way...they still want a minimum of $10 each for the two main DLCs...
If you have Vanilla Skyrim, can't you just buy the Legendary edition and, in effect, add all the DLC to your vanilla copy? Well, if the 75% off hadn't finished.

This. The next time I'm gonna hear an adult whine about the Skyrim DLC prices when the Legendary version is going away for 13 euros, I'm gonna shoot someone.
Lol, why would a person buy Legendary if they already have Skyrim? Then you have 2 Skyrim games and 1 Dlc. I'm new to Steam so I don't know all the rules but are you guys suggesting we can just give away the Skyrim from Legendary and keep the Dlc ?

Legendary Edition has all 3 DLC, not just 1. I assume that if you already own Skyrim, buying the Legendary Edition would just give you the DLC. That's how it works with most games that have GotY editions.

43. Re: On Sale Nov 30, 2013, 13:55 Acleacius

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

42. Re: On Sale Nov 30, 2013, 10:59 Quinn

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

41. Re: On Sale Nov 30, 2013, 08:14 Moog

40. Re: On Sale Nov 30, 2013, 08:05 SpectralMeat

After someone mention Van Helsing I gave the demo a try, and bought the game.
I usually don't buy games like this because it is not my style of game, but I've had fun with the demo worth a shot for $5 and change.

Funny that Bioshock is on sale and is on my wishlist but somehow I don't feel like buying it. I am sure it is a great game but meh, I'd rather play something else like AC4 or Splinter Cell.

Steam: SpectralMeat

39. Re: On Sale Nov 30, 2013, 03:18 nin

El Pit wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 03:15:
It's really annoying that some DLCs either don't go on sale at all (Van Helsing) or it's only 33% off of the DLCs (Dishonored).

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

38. Re: On Sale Nov 30, 2013, 03:15 El Pit

It's really annoying that some DLCs either don't go on sale at all (Van Helsing) or it's only 33% off of the DLCs (Dishonored).  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

37. Re: On Sale Nov 30, 2013, 03:12 nin

James Bond 23 film collection w/ Skyfall (disc 24) for $99.99. Mine!

That's $4.17 a movie on blu...

36. Re: On Sale Nov 30, 2013, 02:48 nin

New Skyrim players - don't forget the mother of all guides. Yes, you can find it all on the internet, but this huge 1100 page book is just epic to behold.

35. Re: On Sale Nov 30, 2013, 02:33 Creston

Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 00:45:
On my current playthrough of Skyrim, I'm heavy armour, 2hander Orc.

Heavy Armor + 2hander is just broken it's so overpowered, especially if you're also smithing yourself better stuff.

But oh is it fun.

34. Re: On Sale Nov 30, 2013, 02:32 Creston

Krovven wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 22:04:
Was I supposed to have a problem with the first bear in the cave after starting the game? Shot it 3 times with a bow & arrow and it died. Never touched me.

Yeah, I don't know what people are complaining about either. Bears are dead easy in Skyrim. Especially the ones just outside Helgen.

Evilgrin

33. Re: On Sale Nov 30, 2013, 00:45 Cutter

On my current playthrough of Skyrim, I'm heavy armour, 2hander Orc. And at level 45 I fear no evil because I'm the baddest motherfucker in the valley. I LOVE the critical hit animations, hacking away or lopping heads off the motherfuckers who thought going up against some huge Orc in plate and a huge fuckin' 2 hander was a good idea at the time.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

32. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2013, 23:21 Redmask

Was I supposed to have a problem with the first bear in the cave after starting the game? Shot it 3 times with a bow & arrow and it died. Never touched me.

Uh you're in the first 10 minutes of the game, keep going. The other bears are harder than the damned dragons.

31. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2013, 22:26 Cyanotetyphas

That bear goes down easy but the ones in the wild are pretty tough for the first part of the game. TES games always have weird difficulty spikes. I was sailing through the game on hard when suddenly the Silver Hand was silver handing me my ass over and over again. Actually turned the difficulty down and left it there, something I almost never do.

It's the same as in Oblivion, if you are just futzing around in the skill tree you can screw yourself. I had myself kind of spread over destruction magic and then points in almost every other skill here and there.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

30. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2013, 22:25 jdreyer

Even when I was just starting I had little trouble with bears. I could kill em 2 or 3 shots. I leave em alone these days though. Just have a lot more trouble killin em since I took an arrow to the knee.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

29. Re: Into the Black Nov 29, 2013, 22:23 NegaDeath

That's a really weak bear just for the intro. The rest will rip your damn head off.

28. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2013, 22:04 Krovven

27. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2013, 21:47 Creston

Ceribaen wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 16:04:
My first experience was running into those friggin wisps and wispmothers... now I hunt them down out of spite.

The first wispmother I met, in that mountain pass just outside of Helgen, cast one of those bolts at me (I was level 4, I think), and it killed me and tossed me off the mountain! And not just roll down the side of it, no, just waaaaaaah I'm flying!

Damn wispmother.

But yeah, Bears are fun for first time Skyrim'ers.

26. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2013, 20:25 Pigeon

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 14:59:
nin wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 14:44:
Wallshadows wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 14:14:
Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 13:19:
SKYRIM CANNOT BE STOPPED! Apparently it doesn't matter what the sale price actually is, it'll just be #1.

I finally bought it yesterday and the first thing I proceeded to do was tango with a bear in a cave.

My first two experiences with bears in Skyrim:

1.: A bear? Well fuck you, I'm a wizard! Wait, shit, hold on, fuck! <dies>

2: BEAR!!!! RUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

Mine was similar....sword and board in hand....lokoing around in a forest. Hear a huge ROAR - turn around and it is right on top of me. F U BEAR I AM WARRIOR!

Thump.....body drops and slides down a shallow grade..... hahahahahah now I RUN~!

First time I saw a bear I sneaked up on it and hit it with an arrow... that was a mistake.

45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo