Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 28, 2013, 11:55 nin

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 11:45:
I would love to see a doc on building the city. From sketches to designing the whole 9 yards.

Zactly!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 28, 2013, 11:45 The Half Elf

I would love to see a doc on building the city. From sketches to designing the whole 9 yards.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

20. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 21:45 nin

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 20:15:
Yeah that price sold me on GTAV, waded past the tent city to get it from Best Buy last night.

Had fun last night rolling past my alma matter. I can't believe it, but there's a small sloped pit next to the track at ULSA that they re-created exactly. Their forward scouting team must have taken a few terabytes of photos around LA.

That's the one thing that always blows my mind about GTAs: The level of detail, both in 4 and 5. I've never been to NYC, yet I can see (real life) pictures taken at certain spots and know exactly where that is, in GTA4...the amount of work that goes into those is staggering, and (like a lot of games) I'd love to see a 6-12 hour documentary of game design, from initial sketches all the way to midnight launches...would be fascinating.

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 20:15 Cyanotetyphas

Yeah that price sold me on GTAV, waded past the tent city to get it from Best Buy last night.

Had fun last night rolling past my alma matter. I can't believe it, but there's a small sloped pit next to the track at ULSA that they re-created exactly. Their forward scouting team must have taken a few terabytes of photos around LA.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 19:48 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 16:46:
GTA5 back again @ $34 on amazon (including digital download code for ps3)...go go go!

Thanks. Cheaper than my distributor, lol.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 16:46 nin

GTA5 back again @ $34 on amazon (including digital download code for ps3)...go go go!

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 14:21 John

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 14:08:
Personally i always get almost motion sick looking at tv's with the 120/240 options set on. Just doesnt look natural to me and i can notice slight 'jerkyness' from it as well. I have a pretty expensive samsung tv and its infinitely better with the function off and running at standard 60hz.
I didn't even know that could be changed! I guess I'll figure out soon enough though. I'm also looking at Samsung or Vizio.. both have good reviews.

This space is available for rent

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 14:08 dj LiTh

Quboid wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 13:01:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 12:03:
John wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 09:47:
I know this is kinda OT, but does anyone notice screen blurring when playing games on a 120hz TV? I heard 240hz is better because fast movement is sharper but those TVs are several hundred dollars more than 120hz (well, at least on the size I'm looking for). I hope to find a good one tomorrow and don't want to spend more for something that isn't really noticeable..

Its different with tv's then it is with say monitors. With tv's its making up frames that dont exist and 'guessing' what frame will come next. I suppose its possible that maybe 240 is more accurate then 120 in that its guessing more and quicker. For me though thats the first feature i turn off with any tv.

If the input is 60hz, will additional frames not cause blurriness as the TV set approximates the content? Halving the refresh rate might be more effective than doubling it.

Personally i always get almost motion sick looking at tv's with the 120/240 options set on. Just doesnt look natural to me and i can notice slight 'jerkyness' from it as well. I have a pretty expensive samsung tv and its infinitely better with the function off and running at standard 60hz.

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 13:01 Quboid

I know this is kinda OT, but does anyone notice screen blurring when playing games on a 120hz TV? I heard 240hz is better because fast movement is sharper but those TVs are several hundred dollars more than 120hz (well, at least on the size I'm looking for). I hope to find a good one tomorrow and don't want to spend more for something that isn't really noticeable..

Its different with tv's then it is with say monitors. With tv's its making up frames that dont exist and 'guessing' what frame will come next. I suppose its possible that maybe 240 is more accurate then 120 in that its guessing more and quicker. For me though thats the first feature i turn off with any tv.

If the input is 60hz, will additional frames not cause blurriness as the TV set approximates the content? Halving the refresh rate might be more effective than doubling it.

- Quboid

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 12:55 John

Yeah, I was trying to find some more info online and most sites say that there's not enough difference to justify going with 240. I'll just go with a 120hz because it's cheaper and stores are having better Black Friday discounts on those.

This space is available for rent

12. Re: 'PS4 PSN Game Prices Will Be Changed' - Sony. Nov 27, 2013, 12:54 Creston

Panickd wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 12:12:
EA's games were priced at a eye-watering £62.99, though they have since dropped their prices to £59.99.

That's still nearly $100 US! WTF? I'd hate to try and buy a special edition of a game if I lived in the UK. I'd have to take out a second mortgage to afford it!

"We want to be the best company in America! The rest of the world, though? FUCK YOU! PAY MORE!"

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 12:38 wtf_man

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 10:26:
What has been PS4's response to their uploaded videos? Or anything goes there?

I don't know... but I do know that the worst that can happen from a Playstation Plus Ban would be losing access to your collection of 2 free games a month, and not being able to play multiplayer in primary console games...

Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Vudu, MMO's, Free 2 Play Online Games, etc. etc. etc. would all still work.

Big difference.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 12:26 Verno

Stopping swearing in online multiplayer, yeah ok. Microsoft has a better chance of curing cancer.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

9. Re: 'PS4 PSN Game Prices Will Be Changed' - Sony. Nov 27, 2013, 12:21 Prez

Microsoft has clarified to Ars Technica that clips uploaded to Xbox Live through Upload Studio are subject to the same Code of Conduct that governs activity elsewhere on the service, such as when playing in online matches. That means “excessive profanity as well as other Code of Conduct violations will be enforced upon and result in suspension of some or all privileges on Xbox Live,” a Microsoft representative told Ars in a statement.

I don't know, this just sounds Orwellian to me. Overlord Microsoft will protect all!

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

8. Re: 'PS4 PSN Game Prices Will Be Changed' - Sony. Nov 27, 2013, 12:12 Panickd

EA's games were priced at a eye-watering £62.99, though they have since dropped their prices to £59.99.

That's still nearly $100 US! WTF? I'd hate to try and buy a special edition of a game if I lived in the UK. I'd have to take out a second mortgage to afford it!

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 12:03 dj LiTh

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 11:42 nin

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 11:32:
nin wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 09:22:
Can't wait for Friday's PS4 launch overseas, and Sony crowing about sales. Bonus points if Major Nelson looks extra sullen.

Why are games so expensive in the UK? ...practically double

Dunno. Historically it's the Australians that get raped when it comes to media.

edit: Reddit sez they're "adjusting prices" today, but I'm not sure by how much...

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 11:32 OldDirtyEwok

nin wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 09:22:
Can't wait for Friday's PS4 launch overseas, and Sony crowing about sales. Bonus points if Major Nelson looks extra sullen.

Why are games so expensive in the UK? ...practically double

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 10:30 nin

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 10:26:

Twitch has been taking stuff down/banning accounts, but #1, they're not Sony, and #2, (to my knowledge) they've only been doing that for content that is not game related (IE ah-mer-ah-can tit-tays* and bong shots).

*I miss Roman and Niko!

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 27, 2013, 10:26 HorrorScope

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo