Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I went for my annual physical the other day, which was my first since my doctor's practice merged into a larger group. When it came time for my flu shot, I learned that this was not to be administered by the same assistant who had done it all these years, Maxine of the gentle touch, as she is apparently some form of med tech, rather than an actual nurse. Well the actual nurse was from the Nurse Ratched school: I joked she had a tough act to follow, because Maxine never hurt me. "I won't hurt you either." she replied, adding before I could take any comfort, "but the needle might." Three days later, I still feel like I was shot in the arm with a gun.

R.I.P.: Comic actor Jay Leggett dies doing what he loved best- deer hunting.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Civilizations Wars 2: Prime.
Carrot Fantasy 2 - Undersea.
Stories: "Family Guy" Death Leaves Fans Upset.
In its wild form, that funny looking turkey can fly. Though it wonít get very far. Thanks Boing Boing.
Science: Next Generation- Bactericidal Surface.
NASA may salvage its planet-hunter spacecraft after all.
Media: Streets Of Change.
Funny Scary Snowman Prank.

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

38. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2013, 02:58 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 12:16:
Fucken Packers and fucken Lions today, eh?

First time in 10 years and it was a blowout.
I wish it had been Rodgers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2013, 12:16 Cutter

Fucken Packers and fucken Lions today, eh? I'm sure I'm gonna get raped again on my picks this week, sigh.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

36. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2013, 11:23 Creston

Happy Thanksgiving, chaps!  

35. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2013, 10:57 Task

Flatline wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 18:50:
nin wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 09:19:
Reminds me of a time I had to have blood drawn, years ago. First woman tried multiple times, on both arms, jabbing the hell out of me, over and over, with no luck. Finally, she goes and gets this other woman. Other Woman was clearly the expert, as I never felt a thing, and told her she needed to teach the first woman How It Was Done.

I donated blood for my mother's hysterectomy since we both have the same blood type and I have a terrible phobia of needles. Which sucks because I have O negative blood and it's super valuable. Usually I can get through a blood donation if I grit my teeth and try not to think about it. I was doing okay until the f*cking tech or whoever decided I wasn't filling the bag fast enough and came in with the roller thing to push the blood down into the bag faster. Well, she zipped the roller *UP TOWARDS MY ARM*. Have you ever felt blood forcefully squirted back into your body? It hurt so fucking bad that I immediately got nauseated and nearly passed out.

Just the thought of giving blood now makes me woozy. I haven't donated in like 10 years because the thought makes me sick to my stomach. I hate that woman.

You should try and not grit your teeth or tense up, it'll make it worse and stiffen your arm after the blood is drawn. I am afraid of needles too, but the nurses I've had have told me to look away and not think about it to best of my ability - which was sound advice.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2013, 02:52 xXBatmanXx

The nurse we use now is pretty awesome. The last one I had for some shots, she poked the bone in my arm! WTF!? I almost laid her out.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

33. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2013, 00:33 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 21:41:
Well, she zipped the roller *UP TOWARDS MY ARM*. Have you ever felt blood forcefully squirted back into your body? It hurt so fucking bad that I immediately got nauseated and nearly passed out.

Oh god! That made me squirm just reading that...

I'm surprised you didn't blow a vein, and how the fuck was she not fired for gross negligence?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

32. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2013, 21:41 nin

Well, she zipped the roller *UP TOWARDS MY ARM*. Have you ever felt blood forcefully squirted back into your body? It hurt so fucking bad that I immediately got nauseated and nearly passed out.

Oh god! That made me squirm just reading that...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

31. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2013, 19:15 The Half Elf

Flatline wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 18:51:
nin wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 12:01:
Jivaro wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 11:59:
Kotaku is reporting that EA is working on a new Star Wars open world game. Since "open world" is about as misused a term as "RPG" these days...I suppose that could mean anything.

Grand Theft Bounty Hunter/Rebel, please!

Can you imagine Red Faction Guerrilla done with a Star Wars theme?

What about more in the vein of Prototype? That way ya cover your crazy saber stuff, and shooter/bounty hunter stuff.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2013, 18:51 Flatline

nin wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 12:01:
Jivaro wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 11:59:
Kotaku is reporting that EA is working on a new Star Wars open world game. Since "open world" is about as misused a term as "RPG" these days...I suppose that could mean anything.

Grand Theft Bounty Hunter/Rebel, please!

Can you imagine Red Faction Guerrilla done with a Star Wars theme?

29. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2013, 18:50 Flatline

nin wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 09:19:
Reminds me of a time I had to have blood drawn, years ago. First woman tried multiple times, on both arms, jabbing the hell out of me, over and over, with no luck. Finally, she goes and gets this other woman. Other Woman was clearly the expert, as I never felt a thing, and told her she needed to teach the first woman How It Was Done.

I donated blood for my mother's hysterectomy since we both have the same blood type and I have a terrible phobia of needles. Which sucks because I have O negative blood and it's super valuable. Usually I can get through a blood donation if I grit my teeth and try not to think about it. I was doing okay until the f*cking tech or whoever decided I wasn't filling the bag fast enough and came in with the roller thing to push the blood down into the bag faster. Well, she zipped the roller *UP TOWARDS MY ARM*. Have you ever felt blood forcefully squirted back into your body? It hurt so fucking bad that I immediately got nauseated and nearly passed out.

Just the thought of giving blood now makes me woozy. I haven't donated in like 10 years because the thought makes me sick to my stomach. I hate that woman.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2013, 17:29 The Half Elf

Julio wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 17:06:
Verno wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 09:33:
My family doctor retired last year and a pair of women have taken over the practice. They seem to rotate depending on availability which doesn't let you build much of a familiarity or comfort level either.

Sometimes the second sentence is good, but not in this context

Hah.
My mom's doctor's office was like this, which made it a pain in the ass to schedule doctor's appointments, not to mention repeating medical issues to another doctor.

And before anyone gifts me anything on Steam, please take those funds and buy food/supplies, or donate it to Child's Play or something like that. I appreciate the offer's but there are better places the money can be spent

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2013, 17:41.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2013, 17:06 Julio

Verno wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 09:33:
My family doctor retired last year and a pair of women have taken over the practice. They seem to rotate depending on availability which doesn't let you build much of a familiarity or comfort level either.

Sometimes the second sentence is good, but not in this context

26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2013, 17:05 El Pit

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 16:17:
CptRanger on Steam I had to go into the Snuggle Truckô Gamer Protection Program after last years assault

EDIT:
Ok Changed it to TheHalfElf

Aaaaand... friend invite sent!

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2013, 16:17 The Half Elf

CptRanger on Steam I had to go into the Snuggle Truckô Gamer Protection Program after last years assault

EDIT:
Ok Changed it to TheHalfElf

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2013, 16:14 Cutter

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 13:57:
The one nurse looks like Elizabeth Shue. Like, dead ringer. I always want to make an Adventures in Babysitting joke, but I'm sure she has been told many times.

There's plenty of things I'd love to do with Elizabeth Shue, but joking around isn't one of them! Honk honk! Evilgrin

As a buddy of mine was fond of saying, 'I'd hit that shit like Ike hit Tina!'

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2013, 15:57 Hoop

Oh Maxine ... Maxine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MiXEruBEwQ

Um .. Behind you...

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2013, 15:11 Agent.X7

PHJF wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 14:26:
The perfect line for deployment on Elizabeth Shue is obviously about getting some coffee or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1p6omIzsuY

Ah, back when Val Kilmer was still Val Kilmer and not "THAT'S Val Kilmer?!?!?!"

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2013, 15:08 El Pit

nin wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 13:44:
You in Blue's steam group? Have to look you up at home...

I can't find any Half Elf in Blue's Steam group.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

20. By the way... Nov 27, 2013, 14:58 The Half Elf

Blue, how are you and Mrs. Blue doing?  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2013, 14:26 PHJF

The perfect line for deployment on Elizabeth Shue is obviously about getting some coffee or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1p6omIzsuY

Steam + PSN: PHJF

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo