Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting

The Kickstarter for Torment: Tides of Numenera sees inXile entertainment soliciting backers to vote on how combat will be handled in their upcoming role-playing game (thanks nin via Polygon). Here's the handy summary:

TL;DR: Weigh in on Turn-Based vs. Real-Time with Pause (or declare your indifference). Voting will close in December.

Over the last couple weeks, we’ve been reading all of your commentary and ideas regarding combat. Many good points and suggestions, and mostly civil discourse. Thanks to all who have engaged in the discussion so far!

And now... It is time! Only backers can place a vote. (If you haven’t already and you’d like your voice heard, please register with us to gain access to the backer-only UserVoice forum.) Feel free to also continue to submit comments and ideas to the combat discussion forum. Please remember that this vote is advisory only. Above all, please remember that our goal is to provide the best possible experience for the game, and if the final decision is not your preferred choice, we ask you trust our ability to deliver a solid game.

For more context about what this is about, please see Update 24, where we describe what Turn-Based and Real-Time with Pause might each mean for Torment. We’ll close the voting in December.

View
69 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

9. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting Nov 22, 2013, 10:50 Mad Max RW

Voted for turn-based and it is wisely in the lead as of this post.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting Nov 22, 2013, 10:45 nin

Xil wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 10:35:
nin wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 10:29:
Xil wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 10:25:
nin wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 10:23:
GO GO RT w/ P!!!!! If it was good enough for the infinity engine, it's good enough for you!!!!

also for RT w/P but when I voted this morning it was really just a few votes ahead, looking right now its even 50 votes behind... omg !

Fuck, I haven't had a chance to vote yet. Have to do that tonight.

slacker !

I know!!! I should have sent the initial email I got to Blue yesterday, but forgot, until I saw it making the rounds this morning...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting Nov 22, 2013, 10:35 Xil

nin wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 10:29:
GO GO RT w/ P!!!!! If it was good enough for the infinity engine, it's good enough for you!!!!

also for RT w/P but when I voted this morning it was really just a few votes ahead, looking right now its even 50 votes behind... omg !

slacker !

6. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting Nov 22, 2013, 10:30 Suppa7

I could care less, bioware RPG's always had poor combat systems. Regardless if they go with turn based on RTWP. They always sucked at gameplay. The Infinity engine RPG's were more visual novels than games. BG1+2, PS:T, and NWN all sucked donkey balls in terms of combat. They were the prelude to autocombat everywhere in MMO's and I despise passive watch-a-thon non gameplay based games.  

5. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting Nov 22, 2013, 10:29 nin

4. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting Nov 22, 2013, 10:28 Task

Why not both?

Even Fallout Tactics had differing choices for just turn-based.

Playing: The Witcher 2, Dragon Age: Origins, FF8

3. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting Nov 22, 2013, 10:25 Xil

2. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting Nov 22, 2013, 10:24 BitWraith

That's what I voted for. Frankly, I want this to be as close to Infinity Engine games as possible.  

1. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting Nov 22, 2013, 10:23 nin

69 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo