Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 13:21 Ozmodan

Well first off, they have improved Kinnect a lot. You should do your research before railing on something. Read the giant bomb review and it was a bunch of garbage, you should be careful of what you read on the net.

They had both systems in the store yesterday, playing side by side. Looked at several games, including Battlefield 4 and several others available on both and saw little difference graphics wise. People spouting huge differences have an axe to grind.

Am a PC gamer, but the kids really like the kinnect games so if I were to actually get a console it would probably be the Xbox one as the PS4 just fails in that area. Of course there are not many games out for either console and few that support the kinnect atm.

Just find no reason at the moment to get one of the new consoles.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 13:19 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 10:40:
A week in, and I couldn't be happier with my ps4 purchase:

How happy are you with your PC? PC vs Ps4? (Seriously) because for me that is what this is about, no Bone vs 4. But PC vs Bone vs 4. They all will have their exclusives and I'm not that jonesing or picky as I seem to have a life time of games to play already.

Do you have a console to have one hooked up to the TV for that setting? OR do you have one because you rather be on that then a PC?

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 13:18 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 13:06:
Creston wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 12:51:
It's funny, in my ~ 25 years of PC gaming, I've never had a bricked PC.
I've had a DOA Voodoo 3D video card. Luckily I got it in a local shop so just took it back and got a new one.

Yeah, good luck for those people to take their Xbone back to the shop and getting a new one. Nope, send it off to Microsoft and wait three weeks for a refurbished piece of shit to get sent back to you. Yay!

(Btw, this would be valid for Sony or Nintendo, too.)

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 13:14 Tumbler

Meh, I'm not sure if I'd buy the One even at $400 right now. The choice of them to force kinect into every system when it still performs much like it did before is pretty pathetic.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-watching-tv-with-xbox-one/2300-8251/

Giantbomb did a demo/quicklook using the kinect to navigate TV and I can't help but feel like if this was the corner stone of this new system why didn't they get it working any better? It seems to have a lot of the same voice issues the last one did.

And who watches live TV and games heavily on an Xbox? I don't even watch live sporting events, everything I watch is via a Tivo. And beyond that I watch things online. Southpark for example the first black friday episode, heard so many people talking about it so I went to find it on Tivo, next episode was playing at 1am that night, so I went to the website and just watched it there.

At no point was I going to watch it live...so WTF microsoft? This feature seems like it was built for release on the 360, the 360 being able to watch live tv would have been ok, this one needs to be able to access web content via amazon / netflix / hulu all in one interface. It needs to be able to function as a full DVR and if you want to watch a certain show it needs to automatically link to those other services and tell you that you can watch that instantly right now. That would be next gen.

And have they talked about making the tv thing picture in picture? That might make things a bit more useful, it seems like a waste to shrink down the main screen when you're only getting that little square of TV. I'd like to see it as an option.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 13:06 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 12:51:
I've had a DOA Voodoo 3D video card. Luckily I got it in a local shop so just took it back and got a new one.
That was about the most extreme case of "not being able to play" on my PC.
I've had some hard drive deaths but always had enough extra parts laying around to get back up and running in less then 24 hrs.

Steam: SpectralMeat

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 12:51 Creston

As of yet, there is no known fix for Xbox One's bricked by the E100 error.

Ouuuuuccchhh... Yay, I spent 500 bucks on a new console, I'm gonna have so much fun!
"E100 Please send your console in for repair."

We need to see video of people's reactions after that. I wonder if some people will literally explode.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 12:46 PropheT

nin wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 11:42:
It's a feature I found about after someone on reddit mention it: anytime you need to type something more than a few characters (a username, a note, code, etc), hit the R3 (stick, push down).

You'll get a sort of cursor on the screen, and you move by tilting the controller, similar to how you'd use a wii controller.

I didn't know about this yet, I might have to try it out. Thanks!

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 12:39 jdreyer

Microsoft Expects Difficulty Meeting Xbox One Demand.

The only way this is possible is if they made less than 10.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 11:42 nin

It's a feature I found about after someone on reddit mention it: anytime you need to type something more than a few characters (a username, a note, code, etc), hit the R3 (stick, push down).

You'll get a sort of cursor on the screen, and you move by tilting the controller, similar to how you'd use a wii controller.

It takes a little bit to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's awesome, and is way better than scroll left, hit one letter, scroll right, hit another letter, etc...

edit:
as for xbone, so far heard about the E100 error after day 1 patch, problems with the blue ray drive making weird noises and throwing reading errors as well as the green screen of death.

Yeah K just linked a series of videos showing dead disc drives...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 11:37 Xil

nin wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 10:40:

Love the R3 movement based typing. Waaaay better than scrolling around the virtual keyboard.

going PS4 as soon as I can, loved the PS3 so was not a hard choice. But pardon my ignorance, what is R3 movement based typing ?

as for xbone, so far heard about the E100 error after day 1 patch, problems with the blue ray drive making weird noises and throwing reading errors as well as the green screen of death.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 11:34 Theo

Verno wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 10:32:
Just checking the local inventory on websites around my area I easily found over 100 systems so I think it's just the usual press release bait trying to create artificial demand. The Day One Edition isn't in stock anywhere, the regular Xbone is easily found.

Anyways I picked my horse for now, not looking at other platforms until they're all much cheaper or I get really bored.

Something I found the other night, the tile on the main PS4 menu called Live from Playstation is actually a really cool user stream listing. I thought it would be some lame marketing effort from Sony or something, I had no idea. I spent a good 30 minutes watching other dudes play Madden, it was a bizarrely enjoyable experience. The game was between 2 players and decided by a last minute field goal, the chat was going nuts at the end. I never thought this would be a feature I cared about but it has a lot of potential.

you dont just sit watching people play on twitch for hours on end already? i do man, its great fun for a gamer. (the wife calls it geek tv and gets really mad when its on the main telly lol).

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 10:40 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 10:24:
Haven't heard much from PS4 owners OR XBone owners.

I was actually going to write up something this morning, so your timing is good.

A week in, and I couldn't be happier with my ps4 purchase:

Love the controller. Love the headphone jack, the improved triggers, and the comfort. Initially, I didn't like that the Options button was so recessed into the controller (felt hard to find, w/o looking down), but a week in, I can find it every time now, w/o looking down.

Love the quick installs. Love the quick loading of levels in general.

With the exception of the What's New section (AKA the "we threw random shit on your wall" section), I love the UI - very easy to navigate, and everything seems to be exactly where you'd guess it to be.

Love the R3 movement based typing. Waaaay better than scrolling around the virtual keyboard.

I seem to have a much better/faster wireless download speed than the PS3, and the store is now a pleasure to browse, instead of a chore that it was.

The streaming, and watching others play is really cool. Awesome if you're on a fence about a game, and want to see how it plays.

If I could fix one thing, it would be DS4 battery life. I suspect I may end up buying a second controller.

Been having a blast with KZ and Lego Marvel. AC4 isn't catching me quite as much as GTA yet, but it's still early, and I need to put more time into it. Can't wait to play Infamous in March. And GTA5 - hurry the fuck up R*, I'm tired of switching back and forth!!!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 10:32 Verno

Just checking the local inventory on websites around my area I easily found over 100 systems so I think it's just the usual press release bait trying to create artificial demand. The Day One Edition isn't in stock anywhere, the regular Xbone is easily found.

Anyways I picked my horse for now, not looking at other platforms until they're all much cheaper or I get really bored.

Something I found the other night, the tile on the main PS4 menu called Live from Playstation is actually a really cool user stream listing. I thought it would be some lame marketing effort from Sony or something, I had no idea. I spent a good 30 minutes watching other dudes play Madden, it was a bizarrely enjoyable experience. The game was between 2 players and decided by a last minute field goal, the chat was going nuts at the end. I never thought this would be a feature I cared about but it has a lot of potential.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 10:28 Xil

Microsoft Expects Difficulty Meeting Xbox One Demand.

Xbox One in stock at Microsoft Stores.

... okay.... ?

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 10:24 xXBatmanXx

Haven't heard much from PS4 owners OR XBone owners.

Are they all busy playing games?

Sony: We won't repeat PS3's mistakes - we changed the color of fail from yellow to blue.
Fixed.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo