Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

55. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 24, 2013, 02:25 Redmask

Axis wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 22:09:
Look mommy, reddy red can do meme's!

Quiet 'fannie'.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

54. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 23, 2013, 22:26 Beamer

It would be nice if people here responded to what people here said rather than what some vague group of "fanboys" said.

It's amazing how often someone spews stupid rhetoric (not saying anyone in this thread did) only to respond with "well, I'm just countering the fanboys!"

Too often it's someone not acknowledging that the entire conversation makes them as ridiculous as what they are railing against.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

53. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 23, 2013, 22:09 Axis

Look mommy, reddy red can do meme's!  

Yours truly,

Axis

52. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 23, 2013, 21:21 Redmask

Cool story bro.  

51. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 23, 2013, 20:47 Axis

Redmask wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 18:38:
Axis wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 11:57:
And yet the WII U trounces both in launch despite the rabid MS and Sony Fanniez.

Xbox One Launch Titles Obliterated By Wii U Launch Titles On Metacritic

If only they had someone to sell them to.

Ya, its a shame but all the xbone and sony fannies came out with daggers on Wii U's release, and Nintendo deserved much of it as unfortunate as it is.

Regardless, I'm glad sony and MS made it so easy for me to pass on both of their offerings.

Yours truly,

Axis

50. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 23, 2013, 18:38 Redmask

Axis wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 11:57:
And yet the WII U trounces both in launch despite the rabid MS and Sony Fanniez.

If only they had someone to sell them to.

What did XBox Live Games-With-Gold people get for their XBone?

They got F2P style microtransactions inside of their already bought and paid for games. Microsoft is such a scumbag company.

49. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 23, 2013, 17:30 nin

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 16:01:
Where Sony just has a more standard layout. I'm not saying either is great, I know the Bones sucks, the Sony's more workman like.

I really like what Sony did. You have your games and media on one tab, and friends and settings on another. It's simple, yet organized.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

48. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 23, 2013, 16:01 HorrorScope

Krovven wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 05:11:
They praise the Windows 8 interface...barf.

Of all the things, that by far stuck out to me in a "I saw what you did there" moment.

They state, bone is better with the Metro style interface, as they show and work it, looks luck a fucking mess to me. As if Win 8 is accepted and mature and a brand name thing. Where Sony just has a more standard layout. I'm not saying either is great, I know the Bones sucks, the Sony's more workman like.

47. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 23, 2013, 11:57 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

46. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 23, 2013, 11:14 Creston

Ladron3dfx wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 04:45:
Arstechnica.com PS4 vs. Xbox One Battle

Arstechnica.com compares the two next gen systems.

Winner: Xbox One Gossip

It's about the most tepid win imagineable, and it's really based off of Forza, not the hardware. The PS4 simply has no launch title worth anything.

Three years from now, PS4 players will be swimming in incredible first party exclusives, while xbone owners will get new content for Call of Duty: Yet More Retardery a month early.

45. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 23, 2013, 05:11 Krovven

Ladron3dfx wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 04:45:

Yea I've got a few issues with their "outcomes" in some categories. Controller goes to XBox...yes it uses AA and lasts longer, but over the course of the controllers lifetime, how much additional $$ are you forking out for batteries? You also need a separate apparatus for voice on the Xbox controller (a step backwards from the 360 controller), which they fail to even mention. The PS4 controller can use any standard miniport headphones with or without mic as per the users choice.

They praise the Windows 8 interface...barf.

Xbox took twice as long as the PS4 on startup. They didn't bother to talk about that. Just how the Xbox quick startup from standby is 20 seconds and has all these Kinect features...that many simply do not want to begin with.

As for launch titles...it really is subjective. There has been no exclusive titles on the 360 that made me interested in getting one. Likewise there are zero launch titles on the XBone that I'm interested in. To be fair, none of the PS4 launch titles interest me that much either. But thanks to my PS+ subscription I already have 2 PS4 games waiting for me to play when I do get one (and more coming every month)...not to mention, I already have a Vita, which will be awesome for Remote Play.

What did XBox Live Games-With-Gold people get for their XBone? ...

The PS+ game lineup has been amazing with 4 to 7 games for PS3/Vita being released for free every month.

Infamous Second Son and Uncharted are the system sellers for me when it comes to the PS4. I've yet to see any for the XBone. Titanfall will be on PC...and even then I'll probably skip it.

44. Re: Op Ed Nov 23, 2013, 04:46 Krovven

Simon Says wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 19:46:
Krovven wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 18:18:
Orogogus wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 18:11:
Simon Says wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 18:00:
I remember the N64 being said to have a weak launch lineup, with Mario 64, Starfox and the likes.

Didn't it launch with just Mario and Pilotwings? Wikipedia suggests Starfox 64 came out like 9 months later.

Yup that is correct. Simon has selective memory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_games

Mario 64 was still revolutionary, I may have selective memory, you guys have very selective realtime perception...

The question wasn't whether it had a weak lineup, the question was whether it had Starfox as a launch title, which it didn't. US N64 had a total of 2 games at launch. 1 good game, 1 so-so...but just TWO games. Ouch. US Dreamcast (RIP) had almost 20 games, US PS2 had almost 30. They weren't all good by any stretch, but there was at least a good variety to choose from and some good games in there.

Almost every single console launch has had a relatively weak set of launch titles. It's to be expected. I can find good games in almost every console launch. But it really is subjective.

43. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 23, 2013, 04:45 Ladron3dfx

Steamworks

42. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 23:36 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 16:30:
Creston wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 14:58:
Panickd wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 14:50:
In the early days a bad or wrong BIOS update applied could indeed "brick" a PC.

You could always reflash it to fix it. I'm not sure the average user can do that on the xbone.

You couldn't because a true bricking you couldn't even post, so you couldn't get to an A drive or anything. Game over.

That's a good point. I'm so used to dual-bios motherboards that I didn't really think about it.

41. Re: Op Ed Nov 22, 2013, 19:46 Simon Says

Krovven wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 18:18:
I remember the N64 being said to have a weak launch lineup, with Mario 64, Starfox and the likes.

Didn't it launch with just Mario and Pilotwings? Wikipedia suggests Starfox 64 came out like 9 months later.

Mario 64 was still revolutionary, I may have selective memory, you guys have very selective realtime perception...

40. Re: Op Ed Nov 22, 2013, 19:33 HorrorScope

PC gaming isn't dying... Console gaming is,

Yes a racing game which many will play with a pad, racing from behind the car. It is hard to get excited about that, when you have online racing leagues with the whole thing goin on.

RIDGE RACER!

I also like how when you have to like something about the console you have, it has to be one of the exclusives. You can't like/praise something both can have. It's a fight to the bottom.

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2013, 20:43.

39. Re: Op Ed Nov 22, 2013, 18:18 Krovven

38. Re: Op Ed Nov 22, 2013, 18:11 Orogogus

37. Re: Op Ed Nov 22, 2013, 18:08 killer_roach

Fantaz wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 17:22:
It does seem like Xbox One has the better exclusive launch titles. Forza is one that stands out.

If Forza is the standout title... (granted, the series has improved, Horizon excluded, but it's neither a great arcade racer nor a great sim)

36. Re: Op Ed Nov 22, 2013, 18:05 Beamer

Fantaz wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 17:22:
It does seem like Xbox One has the better exclusive launch titles. Forza is one that stands out.

You call that a good launch title? How low has expectations got nowadays?

I remember the N64 being said to have a weak launch lineup, with Mario 64, Starfox and the likes. All things we had never seen before and were not only evolutionary but revolutionary.

And now, all you need is step up a number on a 10 year old serie and it's just OMFG AMAZING!

Damn... :/

PC gaming isn't dying... Console gaming is, simply through a lack taking risks and actually getting something out that could revolutionize, or even evolutionize, rather than just playing it totally safe with an incremental serie +1 title.

1) Launch games almost always suck
2) You're wrong, anyway. The N64 launched with Mario 64 and Pilotwings. That's it. Nothing else. Starfox was years later, and no "and the likes." 2 games. One great game, one ok game, but just two to choose from

None of these games are worth buying a system for.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo