Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

42. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 20, 2013, 10:12 MattyC

New Xbox One Can See Your Penis.

I thought it already could?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

41. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 18:12 Beamer

Tumbler wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 15:32:
I guess I'm going to be charging it on my phone chargers anyway but it would be nice if I didn't need to plug a cord into the front of the PS4 to charge that controller.

It's saddening to realize how long I spent on the edge of my couch, about 6 inches pushed too forward, before I realized that my 360 controller could be charged using a phone charger instead of being plugged into the 360.

Really sad.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

40. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 18:07 Creston

Julio wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 17:55:
I'm thinking Microsoft is missing out on that dating app given the penis measurement is built into Xbox720p.

"Trust me, baby, it's nine inches!"
"That's not what your Kinect says!"

Truth in Internet Dating! Light:BROUGHT!

39. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 17:55 Julio

I'm thinking Microsoft is missing out on that dating app given the penis measurement is built into Xbox720p.  

38. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 17:12 Creston

Verno wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 15:20:
The streaming apps are a bit buggy at the moment, Amazon froze last night and I had to force quit it with the hold PS button thing.

I'm not going to bother with an extended warranty personally, they rarely pay off for me.

I used to get them, until a guy who does all the 'extras' for a car dealer told me what it is. It's an insurance company betting you that your car/PS4/whatever won't break down. And they usually win the bet.

Stopped doing it after that. Although I did basically get my entire DLP tv replaced because of a warranty, that's the only time I ever used it.

37. Re: Totally off-topic PS4 question Nov 19, 2013, 16:04 wtf_man

nin wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 14:49:
Based on reddit, it seems like more than a few folks are seeing lockups while streaming (netflix, amazon video, etc)...I've not tried it myself.

Well... the only time it happened to me was when I hit the PS button to get out of a game, then tried to load Netflix... and it just locked at the red Netflix screen... I had to unplug the power to get the system working again.... then it went through some sort of disk check since it wasn't shut down properly... and no problems since.

Of course... I haven't tried replicating quitting out of a game and running Netflix again. I figure it's some sort of tasking bug.

36. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 15:48 Verno

The lightbar is pretty harmless but also ultimately useless, I wish they just let you toggle it off.

The touchpad could be useful but no one has really done anything with it yet. It controls the map in AC4 but Ubisoft did a piss poor job of implementing it, they basically just emulated analog stick movement which makes it laggy and annoying. It's also weird to take your hands off the controls to use it in swipes. The pushable zones on it are pretty solid though and I really like having extra buttons. It's basically just my "map" button and that's fine.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

35. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 15:44 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 15:42:
Wish I could just turn that off...

DIY fix

Steam: SpectralMeat

34. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 15:42 nin

but that light on the front of it is a little annoying.

Yeah, I killed all the lights to crank up KZ for the first time and...the light bar lights up half the room...

Wish I could just turn that off...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

33. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 15:32 Tumbler

Got my PS4 yesterday! Turned it on, got it updated with little difficulty. Downloaded a dozen things or so. My only complaint is the "Installing Application" screen. When you download something it will report that it's ready to install, then you click it and select install then you sit at this screen with a spinning circle that won't give you any progress indication for...however long it takes. It would be nice to have a progress bar during that.

DC Online failed to download fully and didn't finish up overnight so I had to select it this morning and tell it to download again. It did then I chose install and again...installing application. It would be nice if that install process happened automatically and the item simply reported "rdy to play" when everything is done.

Didn't end up having any time to play with it last night :(. Watched a few min of netflix then called it a night. The controller feels nice but that light on the front of it is a little annoying. I found the setting to turn off the controller after 10 min of non use so that helps.

Who the hell thought it was a good idea to not have a standard USB thing on the back? I guess I'm going to be charging it on my phone chargers anyway but it would be nice if I didn't need to plug a cord into the front of the PS4 to charge that controller.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

32. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 15:20 Verno

The streaming apps are a bit buggy at the moment, Amazon froze last night and I had to force quit it with the hold PS button thing.

I'm not going to bother with an extended warranty personally, they rarely pay off for me.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

31. Re: Totally off-topic PS4 question Nov 19, 2013, 14:49 nin

wtf_man wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 14:47:
nin wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 13:53:
All jokes aside, I was under the impression the BLOD was something people were seeing immediately, right out of the box, when they try and connect it.

Well... mine has worked fine so far, except for one lock-up trying to get into the Netflix App.

I think I may get the extended warranty as well... although I usually never do that.

Based on reddit, it seems like more than a few folks are seeing lockups while streaming (netflix, amazon video, etc)...I've not tried it myself.

30. Re: Totally off-topic PS4 question Nov 19, 2013, 14:47 wtf_man

nin wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 13:53:
All jokes aside, I was under the impression the BLOD was something people were seeing immediately, right out of the box, when they try and connect it.

Well... mine has worked fine so far, except for one lock-up trying to get into the Netflix App.

I think I may get the extended warranty as well... although I usually never do that.

29. Re: Totally off-topic PS4 question Nov 19, 2013, 14:10 LesCaster

Thanks for the reply, nin.

Extended warranty might not be such a bad idea in the long run. Right now my biggest concern is ensuring the kids a good Christmas so I guess it's time to hit the joysticks. After that, my biggest problem will be explaining how Dad managed to obtain all the high scores on a console Santa just delivered.

I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness.

28. Re: Totally off-topic PS4 question Nov 19, 2013, 13:53 nin

LesCaster wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 13:44:
Sorry to derail but didn't know where else to ask...

Does anyone here know how long it takes before the PS4 is potentially stricken with the so-called Blue Light of Death?

I was lucky enough to order from Amazon on release day and it is scheduled to arrive today. My plan was to power on, apply updates, and box it back up for my kids, ready for Christmas. However, I'd like to be certain I don't have a unit with issues so I'm guessing that means putting more time on it until reasonably sure. That said, it's tough to use while keeping it secret from the kids at the same time but, if there is an issue, I'd sure like to get it resolved before Christmas.

Any ideas when I might be able to consider the unit all cleared or is the nature of the issue such that it could bite at any time, even after a couple weeks of no problems detected?

Thanks.

I think you're going to have to take one for the team and play the fuck out of it for 24 hours straight...and maybe stream that.

Might be good to check in here as well - they're a good source (been reading there for the past week): http://www.reddit.com/r/ps4

And your case is a great example of why I went with the extended warranty. For $60, I'm covered for any fuckups in the next 3 years. And you can buy it directly from the PSN store, while on the console...

27. Totally off-topic PS4 question Nov 19, 2013, 13:44 LesCaster

Sorry to derail but didn't know where else to ask...

Does anyone here know how long it takes before the PS4 is potentially stricken with the so-called Blue Light of Death?

I was lucky enough to order from Amazon on release day and it is scheduled to arrive today. My plan was to power on, apply updates, and box it back up for my kids, ready for Christmas. However, I'd like to be certain I don't have a unit with issues so I'm guessing that means putting more time on it until reasonably sure. That said, it's tough to use while keeping it secret from the kids at the same time but, if there is an issue, I'd sure like to get it resolved before Christmas.

Any ideas when I might be able to consider the unit all cleared or is the nature of the issue such that it could bite at any time, even after a couple weeks of no problems detected?

Thanks.

I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness.

26. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 13:33 nin

Pigeon wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 13:32:
Come on guys, this is just Microsoft trying help bring awareness to penile cancer. Its clearly a public service they're performing, while at the same time helping millions of men get over their inhibitions by exposing them to the world. Exposure therapy is one of the best ways to help a person get over things like agoraphobia. Ya'll are just hating on Microsoft cause you're the hippster neck beard types, that hate on anything or anyone trying to do good in this world.

If the kinect 2.0 can detect my pulse by watching me, can it also determine if there's lumps on my testicles?

25. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 13:32 Pigeon

Come on guys, this is just Microsoft trying help bring awareness to penile cancer. Its clearly a public service they're performing, while at the same time helping millions of men get over their inhibitions by exposing them to the world. Exposure therapy is one of the best ways to help a person get over things like agoraphobia. Ya'll are just hating on Microsoft cause you're the hippster neck beard types, that hate on anything or anyone trying to do good in this world.  

24. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 13:23 nin

DangerDog wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 12:51:
Looks like Pedobear has some competition in the "pervy" internet meme department.

<Clippy>:"Looks like you want to take off your pants!"

23. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 12:51 DangerDog

Looks like Pedobear has some competition in the "pervy" internet meme department.  

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo