Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: PS+ Discount Nov 18, 2013, 21:19 robdot

I don't play cod or BF ,,,but I play other fps on consoles. Most console shooters have something called snap to targeting, you can change who your target is locked to by releasing the target button and clicking it again to another target. It's kind of an auto target thing. Usually switchable in options. Sometimes you can flick the stick to switch targets, but iv never played BF or COD. so I dunno about those games.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 18, 2013, 21:03 Steele Johnson

This is a new record for Sony. Over a million bad reviews in just 1 week!  

31. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 18, 2013, 21:01 PropheT

PHJF wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 17:13:
Really wish there was backwards compatibility though. I think I'll get an extra long cable to play some PS3 games with the DS4 whenever I run out of stuff.

I don't understand how the DS4 doesn't work on a PS3. PS3 is bluetooth 2. PS4 is bluetooth 2.

It does, but I think you have to hook it up with a cable first and I remember something about the PS button not working on it. I think there's a thread on NeoGaf about doing it that I saw linked elsewhere, but I haven't tried it myself.

30. GTA 5 glitches Nov 18, 2013, 20:35 Krovven

Really, that story leads with a minor extended clip glitch? Sounds entirely cosmetic and if it's not...after purchasing an extended clip, why would you ever want to remove it?

While I have never experienced any problems with missing cars or losing my character... It has been 2 months now and Rockstar still hasn't fixed it. There are frequent "cloud outages" and every time that happens, the Support forums light up with people losing their characters, vehicles & upgrades, property, in-game cash (some purchased with real money).

I have had a lot of fun playing the game with the Crew, as evident of my level 113, but never mind the loses some people are experiencing...there is the glitching/cheating, disconnects, game crashes and cloud hangs that occur. Then of course there are many gameplay and design issues (too many to even discuss) that need to be dealt with.

None of this has been addressed since launch. DLC and Title Update are expected tomorrow. Hopefully they have some major changes with that update.

29. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 18, 2013, 19:17 Julio

Verno wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 12:29:
A lot of quality manufacturing comes out of China too so that's neither here nor there.

I'm not impressed with the quality of manufactured products from China at all. But I doubt the PS4 production was sabotaged, more likely that's the best Foxconn could do.

28. Re: PS+ Discount Nov 18, 2013, 18:43 Taskeen

Malachii wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 15:29:
I'm with you on the BF4 :-(
Now for those used to fps'ing on consoles, I am struggling badly and looking for advice/tips. The vehicle controls are better than M/K imo, but running around, you would all laugh. I should upload a 15 minute clip of me sucking so bad you would think I've never played a game before. Why does it sometimes kind of auto lock on the enemy and follow them but not others? I know its called aim assist, but there is no stability to it that I can tell. Aiming at an enemy far away is a joke for me, but never for them. What's the trick? More sensitivity? Less?

Dude, trust me on this. Shop around for keyboard/mouse emulator hardware for consoles if you are as used to keyboard/mouse setup as I am. I can not, and I mean not play FPS games with a controller - its like learning how to ride a bike. Some players are just naturally gods with controllers, with lots of practice, but not me. Keyboard/Mouse is what I've learned to use for years with FPS - well actually when someone taught me to use WASD instead of arrow keys, I was amazed beyond belief at how natural it felt, and adapted to it in minutes.

I've tested out EagleEye hardware on a friends PS3 and it works beautifully, you can even map the controls the same as they are on PC (if the game in question is also on PC). It was VERY precise and even more so than using a controller.

27. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 18, 2013, 18:40 PHJF

Taskeen wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 18:37:
PS4? Ha, time to buy a PS3 for the first time. Bring on the price drops baby!

A local supermarket had PS3 bundles (Uncharted, AC3, or Infamous) for $160.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

26. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 18, 2013, 18:38 Axis

Have I mentioned our family still loves the Wii U?

/runs

Yours truly,

Axis

25. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 18, 2013, 18:37 Taskeen

PS4? Ha, time to buy a PS3 for the first time. Bring on the price drops baby!  

24. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 18, 2013, 17:13 PHJF

Really wish there was backwards compatibility though. I think I'll get an extra long cable to play some PS3 games with the DS4 whenever I run out of stuff.

I don't understand how the DS4 doesn't work on a PS3. PS3 is bluetooth 2. PS4 is bluetooth 2.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

23. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 18, 2013, 16:33 PropheT

A lot of quality manufacturing comes out of China too so that's neither here nor there.

I'm pretty sure they make Xbox's there was well as Kindles and iPads at the same giganto China location they have, reports seem to differ when I looked it up to try and verify it. If a few people have dead XB1's I imagine we'll get another round of chicken little prognostication at the end of this week, too.

22. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 18, 2013, 15:51 Verno

Supposedly it will be fixed next week when they also issue patches to address PC/360 issues. Reading the thread at SA it seems like the game is just buggy in general which is pretty much a Dice thing.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

21. Re: PS+ Discount Nov 18, 2013, 15:29 Malachii

I'm with you on the BF4 :-(

This is the first FPS game (besides halo 1) I have attempted on a console and while it *should* be awesome fun (If I didn't suck balls) but the stability is the worst of ANY shipped modern gaming title I have ever experienced.
I was about 80% of the way through campaign when my save corrupted. I get an immediate app crash about 70% of the time when loading the title up, and often have the app crash mid game, fight, menu system ,etc. The very thought that both dev and Sony green lit this for launch seriously makes me rage a little. If any of us did our job this poorly we would by fired. It's THAT bad. And as Verno mentioned, the main mode of battlefield, CONQUEST, doesn't even work! I have been playing TDM or Rush (which I DO enjoy). Also, whenever it crashed it lets you input some text, well, let's just say I input some words alright...
Coming from PC gaming, I also am a little amused at one of the settings that I'll paraphrase (adjusting this setting will improve latency, but may cause graphical problems). WTF! On a console, where shit is supposed to work. And when looking at servers and it shows the network bars, how in the hell do you know what your ping is to one? What does 4 bars mean? Whats the range? 0-100? Big difference between 20 and 100 ping.

Now for those used to fps'ing on consoles, I am struggling badly and looking for advice/tips. The vehicle controls are better than M/K imo, but running around, you would all laugh. I should upload a 15 minute clip of me sucking so bad you would think I've never played a game before. Why does it sometimes kind of auto lock on the enemy and follow them but not others? I know its called aim assist, but there is no stability to it that I can tell. Aiming at an enemy far away is a joke for me, but never for them. What's the trick? More sensitivity? Less?

20. Re: PS+ Discount Nov 18, 2013, 13:13 SpectralMeat

That is strange.
I did have some stutter issues in the beta but the final game with the latest Nvidia drivers run perfect, everything on Ultra.
I guess that is the downside of PC games that there are so many different PC configurations it is hard to get he game running on every machine the same.

With that said the PS4 version not running properly doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe they did not have enough time to optimize the game for release?

Steam: SpectralMeat

19. Re: PS+ Discount Nov 18, 2013, 13:09 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 13:06:
I don't have any problems with the PC version. It runs fine

I have several friends who range from "it runs ok for me" to "cant run it at all" and their forums/twitter are clogged with complaints. After this experience I can't be arsed to get the PC version to try for myself. I don't know about the older gen consoles but the PS4 version is ridiculous and should have been a beta release. Conquest matchmaking wasn't even working this morning.

18. Re: PS+ Discount Nov 18, 2013, 13:06 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 13:05:
I don't hear great things about the PC version either even after a round of server fixes.
I don't have any problems with the PC version. It runs fine

Steam: SpectralMeat

17. Re: PS+ Discount Nov 18, 2013, 13:05 Verno

John wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 12:50:

Hows the BF4 single-player campaign?

So far it's pretty middle of the road modern FPS stuff. The save also corrupted itself and I'm not sure I want to bother rehashing the past hour. BF4 is a nightmare on the consoles, this sort of bullshit should not be certified to ship. I don't hear great things about the PC version either even after a round of server fixes.

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 18, 2013, 13:01 Creston

That's what I get for giving console FPS an EA game a chance again.

So true. I'm already worried about the next ME and DA games... :\

15. Re: PS+ Discount Nov 18, 2013, 12:50 John

nin wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 11:12:
I'm hoping that, now that amazon has a store front selling PS codes, we'll see those kind of discounts from them, as well.

Yeah, I've seen them sell Xbox Gold subscriptions for less before so they should do the same with PS+.

Moving on, I got a buy 2 get 1 free game deal with my PS4 and so I foolishly picked Battlefield 4 as my third title. Wow what a broken piece of shit this game is, Conquest mode doesn't even appear to work and I've seen multiple server crashes in under an hour. That's what I get for giving console FPS a chance again.
Hows the single-player campaign?

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2013, 12:55.

This space is available for rent

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 18, 2013, 12:29 Verno

A lot of quality manufacturing comes out of China too so that's neither here nor there. Regardless I sincerely doubt anyone sabotaged the PS4 in any significant way, we would be seeing many more reports of problems. Just launch day business as usual.

Moving on, I got a buy 2 get 1 free game deal with my PS4 and so I foolishly picked Battlefield 4 as my third title. Wow what a broken piece of shit this game is, Conquest mode doesn't even appear to work and I've seen multiple server crashes in under an hour. That's what I get for giving console FPS a chance again.

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo