Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 19, 2013, 00:35 Ladron3dfx

dubfanatic wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 18:55:
Come on Blue, linking to Infowars? Really? Might as well link to Free Republic and Stormfront while you're at it.

I have to agree, Alex Jones is totally bonkers. Watch the CNN interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ror9v2LwHoY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-v1UXFMzl0

Steamworks
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 18, 2013, 20:48 HorrorScope

1badmf wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 13:23:
whaaaaat!? i realize they're a revenue stream, but running red lights is a real problem. i would guesstimate i see people do it at more than half of the intersections i stop at, esp. during high traffic periods. it's not an ideal solution, but it's something that's needed, and i personally can live with its flaws. and no, i never run red lights except in legit emergencies.

Yeah straight up running is dangerous. I reread what I wrote, I didn't tell enough of the story...It also involved 4 corners (using Canada lingo there), rolling stops, close calls on yellows, yes speed camera's to. Basically you have to be perfect on the road or the Eye would get you and he was proud, very proud. If I kicked him in the nut sack, I'd kill him. He probably doesn't have too long as-is. He's a real odd bird, another one of those "I'll tell you how you should do things" and then he does totally different things himself. Hypocrite? Yes, most definitely. We don't see eye to eye as one may have concluded. I'm sure he is in total support of the NSA.

10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 18, 2013, 18:55 dubfanatic

Come on Blue, linking to Infowars? Really? Might as well link to Free Republic and Stormfront while you're at it.  

9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 18, 2013, 18:37 PHJF

I was in the back of a car on Saturday and some older woman ran a red, hit the guy turning into her lane, jumped the curbed median, hit the car next to ours, then hit our car.

And I don't see how speeding is any different. What good is any traffic law if drivers can cherry pick the ones they think apply to themselves. For the record, I drive through both a red light and a speed camera on a regular basis while commuting.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 18, 2013, 16:52 1badmf

ah sorry, i sorta skimmed and didn't see the speeding part. didn't even know they had cameras for that; i've never seen one here in california.

pigeon - as far as i know, if the camera catches you with two front wheels in the intersection, that doesn't count as a violation. as for the rest, well, none of that fixes the guys who just think the law doesn't apply to them, who i feel are the majority of redlight runners. i remember once i stopped for a yellow in the left turn lane cuz i wouldn't have made the red, and the guy BEHIND me makes the turn anyway going AROUND me. i could see he wanted (and probably expected) me to run the light cuz he wasn't slowing down nearly enough to actually stop. just... the utter disrespect for civility and disregard for the safety of others really made me angry, so i have no sympathy for red light runners.

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 18, 2013, 14:07 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 13:04:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 12:35:
It would make my brother blush, he was big brother... one of those that semi-invented/patented the cameras that that shoot your plates when you run a red light.

I don't have an issue with people getting fined for running red lights, but speed cameras are horseshit. They're a levy-tax collection device, nothing else. So if he invented those, kindly kick him in the nutsack, courtesy of the rest of the world he helped make less safe with his bullshit invention.

whaaaaat!? i realize they're a revenue stream, but running red lights is a real problem. i would guesstimate i see people do it at more than half of the intersections i stop at, esp. during high traffic periods. it's not an ideal solution, but it's something that's needed, and i personally can live with its flaws. and no, i never run red lights except in legit emergencies.

Problem with redlight cameras is they're used as revenue generators and not law enforcement tools. They should be there only for egregious offenders, not someone who catches the tail end of a yellow, or causes other motorists to slam on their breaks the second the light turns yellow. A lot of light running can be corrected with better timing and yellows that last a second longer.

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 18, 2013, 14:04 Creston

You're not getting what I'm saying. I'm saying I have NO PROBLEM with them using cameras for people running red lights. As in: Go right ahead and fine the shit out of those assholes.

It's using cameras to check for speed that is bullshit. The only that does is make people slam on the fucking brakes when they see one, thus likely causing dangerous scenarios/accidents. It has nothing to do with safety, no matter how much cunt politicians bleat that it does. It's taxation, pure and simple.

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 18, 2013, 13:23 1badmf

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 13:04:
It would make my brother blush, he was big brother... one of those that semi-invented/patented the cameras that that shoot your plates when you run a red light.

I don't have an issue with people getting fined for running red lights, but speed cameras are horseshit. They're a levy-tax collection device, nothing else. So if he invented those, kindly kick him in the nutsack, courtesy of the rest of the world he helped make less safe with his bullshit invention.

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 18, 2013, 13:04 Creston

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 18, 2013, 12:35 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 11:50:

From the Article: The NSA has broken its mechanisms of security. And those breaks—including the backdoors that NSA convinced or coerced software developers to put into the implementations...

And that is why MS has hidden folders, non-searchable folders, 20 tree levels of folders, things that don't delete, things that store into hidden files. So the FBI etc, can hook up their piece of HW like an automotive tech does to your car, to read those places and tell them what is going on quickly. I knew it, you most likely knew it. This whole thing has been one grand conspiracy between Gov't and electronic device makers.

It would make my brother blush, he was big brother... one of those that semi-invented/patented the cameras that that shoot your plates when you run a red light. He was giddy about that, I looked at him in disgust as if he never speeds etc. My brother if very conflicted he's right wing, but doesn't understand he is receiving many left wing benefits for years.

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 18, 2013, 11:50 Creston

At a presentation in a conference room inside the US Capitol on Friday, Schneier—who has been helping The Guardian review the trove of documents provided by Snowden—said that in its haste to "weaponize" the Internet, the NSA has broken its mechanisms of security. And those breaks—including the backdoors that NSA convinced or coerced software developers to put into the implementations of their encryption and other security products, are so severe that it is now just a matter of time before others with less-noble causes than fighting terrorism will be able to exploit the holes NSA has created.

Well, obviously the solution is to give the NSA MORE BACKDOORS AND MORE POWER TO SPY ON THE AMERICAN CITIZEN! Quick, Feinstein, get cracking!

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 18, 2013, 11:30 HorrorScope

Today's Oxymoron.... "Internet Security"

I still say the out for the NSA/Gov't is to simply state this publically. "Anything that goes over the wires/airwaves is considered public. Thank You." To me it's the only option they really have. And if they were to say "We no longer do X and X.", how could you ever believe them? So the only answer is to tell everyone all this stuff moving is considered public record.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo