Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Note to self: the operation of a simple pill splitter is facilitated by this fancy thing called a "razor blade." Hopefully this clever reminder to myself will prevent a repeat of nicking my finger when tapping the device to dislodge pill dust while preparing Hudson the wonder dog's medications. The blade is secluded enough that there wasn't much chance of suffering a more severe wound, but that doesn't make me feel less careless/stupid for picking up the little cut that I did.

R.I.P.: Obituary: Sega Dreamcast boss Charles Bellfield.

Nicked Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Dino Run: Enter Planet D.
Media: Hobbyists Fly An Enormous Jet-Powered RC Airbus A380. Thanks nin.
Jimmy Carr best comeback.
Auctions: Epic Auctioning Signed GoW Lancer Replicas For Hospitalized Insomniac Games Artist.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 23:50 Creston

Verno wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 08:38:
Playoffs are what matters anyway

As the only guy to pick the Ravens to win the Superbowl last year, I totally agree.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 23:50 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 16:58:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 01:51:
I would care Batz, but sadly I wasn't invited to dinner, and Fed-Ex hasn't shown up with said soup either....

Said it before, will say it again, open door for MOST BN-sers if in the Minneapolis area or visiting. I am always up for a beer or beverage.

Dammit, I was actually in Minneapolis for a few days just this past July... Sorry Bats

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 16:58 xXBatmanXx

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 01:51:
I would care Batz, but sadly I wasn't invited to dinner, and Fed-Ex hasn't shown up with said soup either....

Said it before, will say it again, open door for MOST BN-sers if in the Minneapolis area or visiting. I am always up for a beer or beverage.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 15:29 Mr. Tact

Yeah, sure -- says the man who is tied for 1st.

Remember Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game! HELLO!"

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 08:38 Verno

There's so few games separating everyone and no rhyme or reason to its update schedule that I stopped bothering with the league standings awhile ago. Playoffs are what matters anyway

I picked the Pats and was disappointed in a few calls last night but thems the breaks.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 07:10 Mr. Tact

Damn, Carolina did win. Would have been tied for 1st if I had stuck with them. Oh well.

Edit: Oh wait, the site probably hasn't been updated yet -- some of those above me may have selected Carolina... So, probably two games out now.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2013, 07:49.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 01:51 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2013, 23:04 xXBatmanXx

My soup turned out awesome btw - if anyone cares. Added a bag of peas, and a bag of veggies. Added the chicken back in and a lot of pepper. It is damn good. Cooked up some rice, and poured the soup over that. wow. I will be making more soups.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2013, 20:57 Mr. Tact

I had Caroline picked all week, but I switched to New England. Why? Well, basically because they have, to quote a buddy, Tom FUCKING Brady. That and they had a bye week, giving them two weeks to prepare for Cam Newton. I honestly think the game is a coin toss. Who ever gets the tipped pass interception will win.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2013, 19:44 RoboNerd

Jivaro wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 17:24:
I bottomed out again with only 8 correctly picked going into tonight. 1st to 10th in the span of 3 weeks.

Welcome to the pack, as one who sat in the lofty perch for three weeks, I know how you feel. Welcome

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2013, 17:24 Jivaro

I bottomed out again with only 8 correctly picked going into tonight. 1st to 10th in the span of 3 weeks.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2013, 13:24 Cutter

Sigh, 9-5 - so far - this week again. I just can't seem to crack past 10 right picks this season. Ugh.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2013, 13:11 1badmf

11-3 myself. i really should stop picking the redskins, goddamit. definitely a heart-over-head pick. also, fuck the falcons. how are they so BAD?!?

I feel you on the ps4; i was reeeeeeealy tempted to buy one, but i made myself hold off cuz there were no games i wanted since watchdogs was cancelled. def. gonna pick it up the first time they have a sale though.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2013, 10:50 Verno

I did alright, 10-4 so far. I have the Pats picked despite the Panthers recent streak though, I will probably regret it tomorrow. The Chiefs perform horribly whenever they fall behind. I had no faith in them against the pass happy Broncos who run all over mid field control teams like the Chiefs.

I was on vacation last week and UPS helpfully delivered my PS4 to my front porch stoop where it sat until this morning despite me requesting signature confirmation Just lucky I have honest neighbors.

So far no problems with it, really love the new controller and user interface is quite nice. They have some polish work to do but for a launch release this is pretty outstanding. I just wish there were more games out, should have waited til next year! I picked up Assassin's Creed 4 and the PS+ freebies so far, waiting on some user reviews of Madden 25 to see if its worth picking up.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

2. Re: Football Picks Nov 18, 2013, 10:42 Mr. Tact

Another pretty good week for me, 11-3 going into MNF. I had two last minute changes that I split. First, I had the Dolphins, but changed to the Chargers just minutes before kickoff, resulting in a loss. But I also changed from the Chiefs to the Broncos minutes before that kickoff getting me a win. Moved up to 1 game out of first and the picks on tonight's game are essentially split 50/50. I'll have to spend some time thinking about tonight's game...  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2013, 10:24 nin

Obituary: Sega Dreamcast boss Charles Bellfield.

If that picture is recent, he doesn't look old. Nothing on wikipedia. Dreamcast was a great system, a shame it didn't catch on more.

Epic Auctioning Signed GoW Lancer Replicas For Hospitalized Insomniac Games Artist.

Says she's up to 42K, which is awesome. Hope it continues!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo