Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DayZ Gameplay Trailer

Here's a new trailer offering "a raw, unedited, roughly 10 minute" (actually more like eight minute) gameplay trailer from DayZ, Bohemia Interactive's upcoming standalone game based on the DayZ Arma II modification (thanks The Escapist). Here's word:

Been a while so here is a raw, unedited, roughly 10 minute gameplay video taken after spawning into a multiplayer test today. This is pre-alpha footage, so it makes no effort to mask the variety of bugs. Our whole focus is on getting the alpha out, which means focusing on Multiplayer (server) performance. Enjoy and see you soon!

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

12. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 16:06 Kosumo

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 14:24:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 14:10:
Yeah, this is taking a looooooooong time.

Also, what's up with all the zombies being women? I understand it's an alpha, but that's odd.

Surely you know how women are evil vile creatures that will rend the flesh from your bones?

They are zombies? I thought they where just women for the pub on friday night wanting my body???

-----

On topic - Dayz mode was never amazing for the graphics or animation or interface, it was more about the experance of survival and PvP dynamic. I would hope that other than just improving the survival and PvP side of it, they would also improve animations and graphic.

This is pre-alpha footage so I think they are allowed a fair bit of grace at this stage.

They where starting to drift away form peoples interest due to delays, so think they dropped this for some/any press interest. May or may not be a good idea.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2013, 16:47.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 15:54 Frags4Fun

I can't believe that they are wasting time on things like an in hand compass. I've/we've been waiting since the summer of 2012 for an in hand compass and zombies who all look exactly the same? I've tried to be patient but I'm beginning to lose interest. Sad. I remember being excited last freakin November about a possibly impending Alpha version. Screw this! So disappointed.  

10. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 15:51 DangerDog

This was originally going to be a quick and easy turn around project for Bis, take the mod and package it up with a stand-alone version of Arma II, mostly to eliminate the technical barrier to installing the mod in the first place.

feature creep and reworking and updating the Arma II assets derailed that plan, didn't help maters that some of the devs were thrown in jail when they were caught taking pictures of super secret military bases

At this point they should just move it all over to Arma III engine and get rid of that clunky feel as much as possible, not even having rag doll deaths for the zombies is just too dated game design wise. They're getting bogged down on the "man simulator" aspect, needing to use a can opener on a can? I understand you need to keep track of a bunch more vital statistics as well, way beyond hunger, thirst and sleep.

9. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 15:49 LittleMe

Yeah it looks really clunky with those bad animations and re-used sounds. It's disappointing they've made so little progress on the actual gameplay. I like the new action bar though. I think the problem with this vid is it's not focusing on what they've actually improved. But that axe animation is terribad and who holds one sideways like that?! In Amerika we hold the sharp edge facing away or down! AAaaand we don't look back at explosions.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

8. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 15:22 [VG]Reagle

I could crap a better game then this  
As of 06/12/2014 I will ONLY post positive messages. I am done trying to tell the truth about sucky games.

7. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 15:11 Rossafur

Now I finally truly understand why developers don't like to show stuff until it's ready to be shown, because... wow. This looks terri-bad. Uploading this was a piss-poor decision. I thought I remembered the stuff shown like a year ago now looking a lot better?  

6. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 14:24 The Half Elf

jdreyer wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 14:10:

Also, what's up with all the zombies being women? I understand it's an alpha, but that's odd.

Surely you know how women are evil vile creatures that will rend the flesh from your bones?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

5. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 14:10 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 14:08 Gipson

Wasn't this suppose to be out last year? lol meh  

3. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 14:00 The Half Elf

The animation system is still just bleh.
Don't get me wrong the idea I love, but by the time this comes out in 2014-15, the game is going to be so dated that it'll be left in the dust. At this point why not take what they have done and use the ARMA 3 engine?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 13:57 DangerDog

It's much easier to overlook the clunkyness of the Arma engine when DayZ was a free mod, I'm sure they'll grab some hardcore DayZ players but even if it's offered as a budget title of $20 I can't see it getting much traction.

I assume they pretty much reaped as much financial gain as they're going to from all the extra Arma II copies they sold.

1. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 13:33 Bludd

I love the bullet ricochet sounds when the axe hits a wallpapered wall.  

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo