Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DayZ Gameplay Trailer

Here's a new trailer offering "a raw, unedited, roughly 10 minute" (actually more like eight minute) gameplay trailer from DayZ, Bohemia Interactive's upcoming standalone game based on the DayZ Arma II modification (thanks The Escapist). Here's word:

Been a while so here is a raw, unedited, roughly 10 minute gameplay video taken after spawning into a multiplayer test today. This is pre-alpha footage, so it makes no effort to mask the variety of bugs. Our whole focus is on getting the alpha out, which means focusing on Multiplayer (server) performance. Enjoy and see you soon!

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

52. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 23, 2013, 00:17 MajorD

Quinn wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 22:07:
MajorD, thanks for the info! I'll do what you suggested and try to join the fray! If that doesn't help and I'm on my own I'll definitely email you! This won't happen untill somewhere next week -- responsibilities at work make the wallet smile but the person depressed

Sounds good.

...responsibilities at work make the wallet smile but the person depressed . Yeah, it's bitter sweet, isn't it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 22, 2013, 22:07 Quinn

MajorD, thanks for the info! I'll do what you suggested and try to join the fray! If that doesn't help and I'm on my own I'll definitely email you! This won't happen untill somewhere next week -- responsibilities at work make the wallet smile but the person depressed  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

50. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 22, 2013, 10:49 MajorD

Quinn wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 18:16:
Just bought Arma II: the complete package for 8 dollars. I know I'm very late at the party I should've asked this before buying the sale but.. Are people still playing that DayZ mod? I'm dying to give it a shot!

Well I'm late to the party with an answer for you. You'll still find people playing, but if I can recommend one thing for you, it is downloading and installing DayZ Commander if you haven't already, as it makes things so much easier: Updating ARMA II, Updating DayZ, downloading new maps, downloading sub-mods, etc.

I haven't played I a while, so if you need someone to cover your back, shoot me an eMail from my profile.

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2013, 12:17.

49. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 21, 2013, 18:16 Quinn

Just bought Arma II: the complete package for 8 dollars. I know I'm very late at the party I should've asked this before buying the sale but.. Are people still playing that DayZ mod? I'm dying to give it a shot!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

48. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 21, 2013, 15:37 Verno

Yeah wow that needs to be dialed down, he barely moves and the entire screen looks like a vaseline smeared mess.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

47. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 20, 2013, 08:27 Ant

netnerd85 wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 23:59:
Whats with all the motion BLUR, I am NOT putting up with that shit... can barely turn without the screen going fuzzy, what the hell.
Yeah, I hate motion blur effects for turning as well. I hope it can be disabled.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

46. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 18, 2013, 10:16 Beamer

Some people here suck at debating. One number, unsourced and worse, a calculation not giving the base numbers, isn't "hard numbers." and one shitty show isn't evidence if a trend. Not denying its true, but that guy certainly hasn't demonstrated his point.  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

45. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 17, 2013, 22:11 Quinn

zombiefan wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 21:48:
His first mistake was sticking with the Arma engine. His second was taking this long to show us just how broken his shit is.

...and HELL NO zombie games aren't over!

Just bought The Walking Dead Season 2 for 14 dollars. Hope this "somewhere in november" release date will be tomorrow.

No idea what to expect, playing as a little girl. At first I was excited, but then I thought of the logical limitations it brings in many ways, as she'll always be in a victim position. Oh well, we'll see!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

44. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 17, 2013, 21:48 zombiefan

His first mistake was sticking with the Arma engine. His second was taking this long to show us just how broken his shit is.

...and HELL NO zombie games aren't over!

43. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 17, 2013, 20:38 4D-Boxing

Hope this lines up to expectations cause not much to play online FPS wise. Arma3 and its growing pains, Bf4 and bad netcode plus rubber bad effect and awful movement and gun handling. Arma is a sim and the guns and movement feel tighter?!?

Sad when Titanfall is the only glimmer of hope.. and I have to break out COD4 DM and play broadcast or quake live to have little bit of real fragging fun online.

42. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 17, 2013, 18:44 Jerykk

Primalchrome wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 12:36:
Jerykk wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 05:31:
What are you talking about? Walking Dead Season 4 breaks rating records
Laugh. You realize that you ask for hard numbers...they're given...and you continue to try to refute them with a single months or years old bit of data, right? The season's viewership is down 25 percent in just a few weeks. That puts it lower than where the last season ended... But when it doesn't go your way...suddenly it's not applicable or the fault of the writers. Gotcha.

Regardless, you're going to continue wasting time with straw men, as in your silly FPS argument (a genre with a 20 year steady track record), so I think we're done. You won. Zombies are the new pinnacle of media (ignoring historical data and cyclical trends since they first hit pop culture). Thank you for enlightening me. In 18-24 months, you're welcome to come back and make me eat crow over the continuing thriving state of zombies in media. But we both know that won't be the case.

Sorry, my mistake, I didn't realize that writing had no bearing on a show's ratings. My bad. Yes, the declining ratings have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the first four episodes of this season have been relatively uneventful and slow, with 90% of the show taking place inside the prison where a bunch of random characters that nobody cares about slowly die of sickness.

Your argument relies solely on the fact that the Walking Dead ratings have declined since the (record-breaking) season premiere. My argument relies on numerous facts, such as:

1) The Walking Dead TV season premiere had the highest ratings the show has ever had.
2) The Walking Dead game series is by far the most successful series Telltale has ever made, selling over 21 million episodes and garnering many GotY awards.
3) The second season of the Walking Dead game series is coming out soon and will very likely be just as popular as the first season.
4) MS paid good money to Capcom to make Dead Rising 3 an Xbone exclusive.
5) WB is paying good money to Techland to make Dying Light.
6) State of Decay is the fastest-selling game on XBLA, has sold over a million copies, was recently ported to PC (where it was in the top 10 for weeks) and is about to get to new DLC.
7) Resident Evil 6 is the best-selling RE game and one of Capcom's best-selling games of all time.
8) Indies continue to pump out zombie games.

None of these facts show a downward trend. They show the opposite. Will zombies still be as popular in two years? Maybe, maybe not. I'm pretty sure DayZ will be out before then, though.

41. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 17, 2013, 16:34 Cyant

netnerd85 wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 23:59:
Whats with all the motion BLUR, I am NOT putting up with that shit... can barely turn without the screen going fuzzy, what the hell.

Has been recorded on a 3dfX Voodoo 5 6000 with the blur feature enabled.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2013, 13:10 Rigs

Primalchrome wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 12:36:
Laugh. You realize that you ask for hard numbers...they're given...and you continue to try to refute them with a single months or years old bit of data, right? The season's viewership is down 25 percent in just a few weeks. That puts it lower than where the last season ended... But when it doesn't go your way...suddenly it's not applicable or the fault of the writers. Gotcha.

Regardless, you're going to continue wasting time with straw men, as in your silly FPS argument (a genre with a 20 year steady track record), so I think we're done. You won. Zombies are the new pinnacle of media (ignoring historical data and cyclical trends since they first hit pop culture). Thank you for enlightening me. In 18-24 months, you're welcome to come back and make me eat crow over the continuing thriving state of zombies in media. But we both know that won't be the case.

Hmmm...on the internet, no one really gives of fuck if you won an argument. Good day.

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

39. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 17, 2013, 12:36 Primalchrome

38. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 17, 2013, 11:40 Quboid

Whiskers wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 10:42:
It would also be nice to have some kind of end game or way to encourage teamwork. Building a village or a settlement or something, protecting it from zombies, going on supply runs, etc. Probably hard to do when random people hop on and off of a server, but otherwise there isnt' much of a point to playing for me. I had the random scavenging experience in the original DayZ, don't need it again with a few added features.

This is why I'm more interested in a single player survival game.

The Forest looks good, although it seems to have the same plot as Day One Garry's Incident. Let's hope they do a better job.

- Quboid

37. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 17, 2013, 11:32 djinn

The original mod, with private server alterations, seem better than what this is turning into with its overemphasis on micro management. I mean both hands to hold up a compass to check your direction? At least allow a sidearm while using it. This is like a Doom 3 design decision.  

36. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 17, 2013, 10:42 Whiskers

I just hope they keep it to where supplies are scarce and it is more about survival and desperation. Originally when I played DayZ every bullet was important and if you saw someone you either tried to team up or tried to stay hidden. Eventually it seemed that everyone had full assault rifles with almost unlimited ammo and it just became PvP with zombies in the background.

It would also be nice to have some kind of end game or way to encourage teamwork. Building a village or a settlement or something, protecting it from zombies, going on supply runs, etc. Probably hard to do when random people hop on and off of a server, but otherwise there isnt' much of a point to playing for me. I had the random scavenging experience in the original DayZ, don't need it again with a few added features.

35. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 17, 2013, 10:27 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 16:57:
Zombies and vampires are over. They missed the bandwagon.

AMC disagrees.

34. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 17, 2013, 05:31 Jerykk

Primalchrome wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 02:49:
Sigh. Try to follow the current numbers/logic rather than looking at dev dreams or what the numbers were a year ago. The Walking Dead's numbers have dropped 24.7% in viewership since the current season started. Every other season has seen significant growth. At the current rate, this season will end with a lower viewership than the season prior. That isn't opinion...

Ratings since the record-setting premiere have gone up and down, as is normal for any television show, especially when competing with Sunday Night Football games. There's also the matter of the show's writing, which has been a mixed bag this season and doesn't accurately represent interest in zombies as a whole.

As for the success of sandbox games, I'm not sure that using Minecraft as a standard really proves anything. Minecraft is the most successful indie game ever made. I doubt any other indie game, regardless of genre, will ever be as successful. DayZ isn't even a sandbox game in the same vein as Minecraft so I'm not sure why you bring it up. The vast majority of games in any given genre are not going to be big hits, whether it's a Minecraft clone or a zombie survival game. What matters are the games that do succeed. 3 years ago, you could have arbitrarily declared that military shooters were on the decline. But hey, lo and behold, Call of Duty and Battlefield are still as successful as they ever were.

So basically, there's nothing that really supports your belief that zombies will be less popular by the time DayZ Standalone is released. World War Z was a big hit. The Walking Dead (both the TV series and game series) is a big hit. Resident Evil 6 is a big hit. State of Decay is a big hit. Dying Light will probably be a big hit. All the numbers suggest that interest in zombies is still as strong as ever.

I'm not even a fan of zombies. I just find that your opinion isn't supported by the numbers I'm seeing for zombie-related media.

33. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 17, 2013, 04:50 Kosumo

That does look real good for an alpha trailer .... like a minecraft/skyrim/dayz baby? (talking about The Forest)

Note - looks good as a trailer, game/gameplay totally unknown.

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo