Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

X Rebirth Launch Trailer

With X Rebirth due for release tomorrow, EGOSOFT is serving up a launch trailer for the eagerly anticipated space combat revival. Here's word on the "Enter Space" trailer: "This four minute video consists solely of in-game footage. Prepare to experience the next installment of the critically-acclaimed X series in a redefinition of what a space simulation can be. Gigantic stations teeming with life, fast travel space highways to get to where the action is, new technologies including force-multiplying drones, and a streamlined UI are among the features which await both experienced fans and newcomers."

View
70 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

70. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 13:06 Efflixi

I'm running a GTX580 single (took out my second due to heat!) and everything at max at 1920x1200 and it all ran fine. Even SSAO was enabled. I don't know how Titans are only pulling 15fps unless its horribly optimized for them or something. My 580 is perfectly fine pulling 60+ fps.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

69. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 11:21 Numinar

NeOCidE wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 09:46:
Ah sry. Anyways it's literally only just out the door, so sure peeps please speak up on how performance is. I'm not a performance crazed maniac by any stretch of the imagination I just can't imagine the performance I'll get from my GTX480 will be enough with what's being reported.

Wait and see, a 480 isn't that far behind a 580 which isn't that far behind a 680 which is awesome.

68. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 11:12 Creston

El Pit wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 07:07:
Expect a 1.5 GB huge first day patch! Just read about it.

Oh, great. That's 5 hours of downloading. Le Sigh Sigh

67. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 09:59 SpectralMeat

Yes there are some performance issues. For some reason in some systems the performance hits rock bottom, in others it runs fine with a lot more stations and ships and battle around.
Frame rate is pretty bad inside stations too when you just walk around.
I am sure a few patches and the game will run fine but if these issues bother you then maybe wait and do not get the game yet.
Otherwise I am loving it.
I can see myself sinking a lot of time into this game.

Steam: SpectralMeat

66. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 09:46 NeOCidE

InBlack wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 09:43:
I wasnt refering to you specifically but to the people on Steam.

Im guessing they went ahead and put everything on Ultra graphics @2160p or some such brutal settings and then cried tears of frustration when their fancy 1000$ graphics card only pushed the game at 20 FPS.

Ah sry. Anyways it's literally only just out the door, so sure peeps please speak up on how performance is. I'm not a performance crazed maniac by any stretch of the imagination I just can't imagine the performance I'll get from my GTX480 will be enough with what's being reported.

Time to upgrade me thinks

Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.

65. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 09:43 InBlack

I wasnt referring to you specifically but to the people on Steam.

Im guessing they went ahead and put everything on Ultra graphics @2160p or some such brutal settings and then cried tears of frustration when their fancy 1000$ graphics card only pushed the game at 20 FPS.

I have a nifty blue line!

64. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 09:38 NeOCidE

InBlack wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 09:35:
NeOCidE wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 09:32:
According to the community over on the steam forums the performance is bad...I mean really bad. Titans pulling 15-20fps.

Ok I expected a good few bug as always with games like this, but I really expected better from Ego since the whole engine is an entire rewrite.

Woah. Thats either blatant trolling or there are some very crappy bugs in the engine. Anyways I trust the people here a lot more than the sheeple crowd on Steam, so by all means people. Give us your performance impressions as well

Oh I'm not trolling, the performance seems to be horrendous for top end hardware. Believe me I want this as badly as the next person, but if top end systems are struggling what's my GTX480 gunna do? Melt ?

As with all Egosoft games...it will be fixed...in time. So I'll have to wait.

63. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 09:35 InBlack

NeOCidE wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 09:32:
According to the community over on the steam forums the performance is bad...I mean really bad. Titans pulling 15-20fps.

Ok I expected a good few bug as always with games like this, but I really expected better from Ego since the whole engine is an entire rewrite.

Woah. Thats either blatant trolling or there are some very crappy bugs in the engine. Anyways I trust the people here a lot more than the sheeple crowd on Steam, so by all means people. Give us your performance impressions as well

62. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 09:33 InBlack

Bhruic wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 09:27:
After about 2hrs playing, my personal feedback:

Controls are both easier and more annoying than previous games. It's really hard to get some of the information that you want (for example, I can pull up a list of ships I own, but can't find out where they are). Frankly, I think anyone who was put off by previous X games control systems won't find this any better.

The tutorial is a little better, but it still feels like it's somewhat rushed (it's basically the campaign). I'm sure I'll get to the point where I remember everything it's telling me eventually, but it's hard to keep up with things. The warp lanes are cool, but you travel through so many so quickly that getting lost - or feeling that way - is extremely easy.

The on-station stuff seems entirely pointless. Yes, you can walk around stations. But so far there doesn't seem to be any point. They could have easily given you the ability to communicate with people on stations and not lost anything. I guess people were asking for the ability to walk around, but to me, it just adds extra time and annoyance.

Graphically it's really nice to look at, I still need to fiddle with settings to figure out what's optimal, but it's definitely a step up.

What about combat, any combat in your 2h of gameplay time?

61. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 09:32 NeOCidE

60. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 09:27 Bhruic

After about 2hrs playing, my personal feedback:

Controls are both easier and more annoying than previous games. It's really hard to get some of the information that you want (for example, I can pull up a list of ships I own, but can't find out where they are). Frankly, I think anyone who was put off by previous X games control systems won't find this any better.

The tutorial is a little better, but it still feels like it's somewhat rushed (it's basically the campaign). I'm sure I'll get to the point where I remember everything it's telling me eventually, but it's hard to keep up with things. The warp lanes are cool, but you travel through so many so quickly that getting lost - or feeling that way - is extremely easy.

The on-station stuff seems entirely pointless. Yes, you can walk around stations. But so far there doesn't seem to be any point. They could have easily given you the ability to communicate with people on stations and not lost anything. I guess people were asking for the ability to walk around, but to me, it just adds extra time and annoyance.

Graphically it's really nice to look at, I still need to fiddle with settings to figure out what's optimal, but it's definitely a step up.

59. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 08:16 Efflixi

InBlack wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 08:09:
Efflixi wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 07:39:
Ok, I've put in about 30 minutes (all I can do before leaving for work). I own all the other X games and this one BLOWS them all away in playability. The hype surrounding the control scheme is totally warranted! I love it! I've only done the first 2-3 missions, but so far its amazing.

Good to hear. Keep the impressions comming. What control scheme do you use? M + KB, Stick, control pad?

Most importantly how is the combat? (This is what will sell the game for me personally)

A huge warning sign for me is the follower/drones/cap ship management. If Im going to spend the majority of my game time delegating tasks and giving orders, they might as well have given me control of a goddamn huge ass carrier starship. If I can build up a fleet and let them do random shit thats fine, but I dont want an economy business simulator I want to blow shit up, rule the galaxy, or a combination of both

I use a standard mouse k/b setup. The previous X games were basically unplayable to me. I wanted to get into them so badly but for space sim games my goto comparison is Freelancer. This control scheme and very similiar to that and it's a NICE upgrade from the horrible controls of the previous X games. I also love the highway system being able to slipstream behind other vessels in a "train" for faster speeds is really neat. I've not had any combat aside from blowing up an asteroid to test my weapons.

I won't be able to play again until I get home from work around 4:30pm Eastern time. (8 hours from now). By then I'm sure others will have put in their thoughts. My impression so far is that if it keeps up like this, it'll be game of the year for me.

58. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 08:09 InBlack

Efflixi wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 07:39:
Ok, I've put in about 30 minutes (all I can do before leaving for work). I own all the other X games and this one BLOWS them all away in playability. The hype surrounding the control scheme is totally warranted! I love it! I've only done the first 2-3 missions, but so far its amazing.

Good to hear. Keep the impressions coming. What control scheme do you use? M + KB, Stick, control pad?

Most importantly how is the combat? (This is what will sell the game for me personally)

A huge warning sign for me is the follower/drones/cap ship management. If Im going to spend the majority of my game time delegating tasks and giving orders, they might as well have given me control of a goddamn huge ass carrier starship. If I can build up a fleet and let them do random shit thats fine, but I dont want an economy business simulator I want to blow shit up, rule the galaxy, or a combination of both

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2013, 08:19.

57. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 07:39 Efflixi

56. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 07:22 eRe4s3r

Of course

It's so rare to have peeps here follow a game release in real time hehe... sadly my pipe is slow as hell and I am still not done downloading dat mega patch, but soon ! (5 to 10 minutes ~.~ )

And yeah, video and audio mostly. Easy to see how that can make a day 0 patch huge.

by the way, I don't think "a few hours" are going to be enough to gauge this. In old x games it took many hours to see the "smoke and mirror" behind the "simulation" when you had your factories built and huge fleets.

Ps. 20 seconds... hah ;p

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2013, 07:27.

55. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 07:18 Quboid

I read that the patch is voice and video stuff that wasn't ready for the main preload. Nothing too exciting, although there could be other stuff.

Still waiting on first impressions and reviews.

- Quboid

54. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 07:13 El Pit

Guys, play for a few hours and let us know whether the control scheme ist better now and tell us about the story and the gameplay, please. If this is really good, I'll bite and throw some money at Egosoft despite the 300 games on my backlist.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

53. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 07:11 El Pit

Bhruic wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 07:08:
El Pit wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 07:07:
Expect a 1.5 GB huge first day patch! Just read about it.

Really? Well, if it fixes bugs I guess that's good, but still, that's a pretty damn big patch.

At least it's unlocking now!

Not kidding. The guys over at Egosoft said so.

It's not unusual for the X games, though.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

52. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 07:09 Efflixi

Exit and restart Steam!! It's loading up!  

51. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 07:09 eRe4s3r

Bhruic wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 07:03:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 07:00:
Well you know where I am now (Or would be, if Steam was actually instant in unlocking things.. hehe)

Yeah, it's not unlocking yet, despite Steam showing it as "now available"...

Mine just started unlocking/decrypting and downloading the last pieces About 40% done (last piece is 800mb hehe...)

70 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo