Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads

The EGOSOFT website has word from last week that preloads of X Rebirth are underway in advance of the release of the space combat sequel on November 15th. Likewise, the Baldur's Gate II website is now offering preloads of the PC edition of Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, which will allow those buying the RPG remake to get going more easily on the game's release date of November 15th. They celebrate the news with a new launch trailer.

View
43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

43. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2013, 01:50 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 17:20:

Snuggle Truck: The Gift That Keeps Being Given!

teeheeeee

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

42. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2013, 19:49 MajorD

Rigs wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 19:10:
MajorD wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 18:14:
Rigs wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 10:43:
MajorD wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 21:06:
This will be a totally new style of game for me, so I'm really curious about the learning curve.

Ah, yes, learning curve....well, picture, if you will, Tiger Woods with a 9-iron. See how after he hits the ball, it curves back down to the ground 150 yards out? There you go. Enjoy! *walks away*
=-Rigs-=

Goodluck Which me luck.

Salute I think you'll enjoy it, just give it a chance and don't go in negative and you shouldn't have a problem. And if you have questions, just ask, one of us will probably know the answer...

=-Rigs-=

Cool! Much appreciated. The exploring and learning will all part of the fun I'm sure.

41. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2013, 19:10 Rigs

MajorD wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 18:14:
This will be a totally new style of game for me, so I'm really curious about the learning curve.

Ah, yes, learning curve....well, picture, if you will, Tiger Woods with a 9-iron. See how after he hits the ball, it curves back down to the ground 150 yards out? There you go. Enjoy! *walks away*
=-Rigs-=

Goodluck Which me luck.

Salute I think you'll enjoy it, just give it a chance and don't go in negative and you shouldn't have a problem. And if you have questions, just ask, one of us will probably know the answer...

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

40. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2013, 18:29 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 17:20:

Steam: SpectralMeat

39. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2013, 18:14 MajorD

=-Rigs-=

Goodluck Which me luck.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2013, 17:49 Rigs

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 17:16:
WHAT THE HELL IS SNUGGLE TRUCK?!?

Snuggle Truck.

Wow ZEE FUZZEY!!! I CAN'T TAKE ZEE FUZZEY!!! IT IS JUST TOO ADORABBLE!!!

'Now with 'Brony Mode'!'

Faint

I assume the sequel will be 'Cuddle Kart' then? Giggle

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

37. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2013, 17:20 nin

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 17:16:

Snuggle Truck.

It's a bit of an ongoing joke. Prez once said that despite most of us claiming (jokingly) that he owned every game on Steam, he did not own Snuggle Truck, so we should all shut up.

So I then gifted him Snuggle Truck, so we could keep saying that. Then last Christmas, I gave Snuggle Truck to a dozen or so Blues members, in an attempt to make it THE one game that all Blues members have.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

36. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2013, 17:16 Creston

Snuggle Truck.

It's a bit of an ongoing joke. Prez once said that despite most of us claiming (jokingly) that he owned every game on Steam, he did not own Snuggle Truck, so we should all shut up.

So I then gifted him Snuggle Truck, so we could keep saying that. Then last Christmas, I gave Snuggle Truck to a dozen or so Blues members, in an attempt to make it THE one game that all Blues members have.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2013, 10:43 Rigs

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 20:47:
Where's Creston so I can beg him to get me a copy of Rebirth

I don't know....I think he is still only giving away copies of Snuggle Truck. :o

(for some reason, when I say 'snuggle truck' in my mind, I picture someone yelling, 'TEH FLUFFY!!! I can't take teh fluffy!!! It's just too cute!!!'...hmmm)

=-Rigs-=

34. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 14, 2013, 05:53 SpectralMeat

.net_Drifter wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 01:48:
Well, for Gamefly I've tried both the 20% off and 25% off coupon I have access to.
Neither work.
"Sorry, coupon code could not be applied to any of the items in your cart."
That's the issue.
Been over 24hrs for a support request, and so far all I've received are two automated "we'll get to you within 24 hours, due to higher than expected number of support request" emails.
Sorry dude, not sure what the problem is.
Here is the reply I got from them yesterday:

Hi there

I was trying to purchase XCOM Enemy Within using the GFDNOV20 code, but nothing happens when I apply the code on the checkout screen. The game is on the list of eligible titles.
Can you please look into it?
A friend of mine was trying to purchase X-Rebirth with this code, the game also on the list of eligible titles but he had same results.
I think there might be some problems with the code.

Thank you

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience when attempting to apply a promotional code. This issue should now be resolved at this time. Please feel free to attempt your purchase at your convenience with the promotional code attached.

Feel free to contact me with any more questions you might have. I am happy to help!

Zack N.
The GameFly Tech Team
Online help: http://digitalsupport.gamefly.com

33. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 14, 2013, 05:50 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 01:14:
Slashman wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 21:53:
Why would one not just get a flight stick anyway?

I mean I still use my MS Precision 2. It's more than a decade old and still going strong.

They had joystick support in X2 and it was pretty broken. Lots of complaints about stuff not working, patches breaking things, etc. So if I'm not mistaken, they took joystick support out of X3. I honestly have no idea if it's back in or not (or never left.)

Honestly, the game plays fine with m/kb, it's accurate, fast and smooth. I have no idea what some people are smoking. And I think it'd play fine with a controller as well.
They've had one of the dev videos showing off the game played with the xbox controller, so I am pretty sure it will have joystick controls, however looking at the gameplay I am not sure I'd like to use joystick anyways, kb+m seems fine to me.

32. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 14, 2013, 05:20 dj LiTh

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 04:33:
Bhruic wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 23:34:
Fion wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 23:30:
Stream usually does Noon pst.

Really? Ugh, I hope they don't wait that long, I have to go out that night.

Game unlocks 15th 13:00 GMT +1 according to dev on forums. Steam counter is irrelevant, devs can trigger unlock whenever they want.

But I am not sure this applies to all the game versions and regions.

It does i dug this link out the other day, its a global release on steam link

31. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 14, 2013, 04:33 eRe4s3r

Bhruic wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 23:34:
Fion wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 23:30:
Stream usually does Noon pst.

Really? Ugh, I hope they don't wait that long, I have to go out that night.

Game unlocks 15th 13:00 GMT +1 according to dev on forums. Steam counter is irrelevant, devs can trigger unlock whenever they want.

But I am not sure this applies to all the game versions and regions.

30. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 14, 2013, 04:30 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 03:17:
Bhruic wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 03:05:
They had joystick support in X2 and it was pretty broken. Lots of complaints about stuff not working, patches breaking things, etc. So if I'm not mistaken, they took joystick support out of X3. I honestly have no idea if it's back in or not (or never left.)

They didn't take joystick support out - that's how I played all of the X games. Never had a problem using the joystick either, even with X2. Not sure if I just got lucky or not, but I'd never try playing it with kb/m.

Yeah but if strafing is a control method, I cant see how that would work with a joystick well...or actually at all?? Wouldnt this lead to combat that would basically be two spacecraft circle-strafing and facing each other ALL the time and holding down the fire button. Dunno sounds kind of fucked up and stupid in an open space game, but what the hell do I know...

Not pre-ordering, resisting the urge. Waiting for some comments on here at least first.

Tomorrow you will have your reviews

that said, there are joysticks that have rotation functions aside from the normal directional axis.... though maybe you want to bind strafe to pedals? That'd be kinda neat actually. Though you'd still have to manage thrust.

29. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 14, 2013, 04:20 yuastnav

Not sure what the problem with keyboard and mouse is.
I am extremely picky about whether the controls in a game are good or not and I've always played all of the X games with keyboard and mouse and found them to be extremely good and precise.

28. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 14, 2013, 03:17 InBlack

Bhruic wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 03:05:

They didn't take joystick support out - that's how I played all of the X games. Never had a problem using the joystick either, even with X2. Not sure if I just got lucky or not, but I'd never try playing it with kb/m.

Yeah but if strafing is a control method, I cant see how that would work with a joystick well...or actually at all?? Wouldnt this lead to combat that would basically be two spacecraft circle-strafing and facing each other ALL the time and holding down the fire button. Dunno sounds kind of fucked up and stupid in an open space game, but what the hell do I know...

Not pre-ordering, resisting the urge. Waiting for some comments on here at least first.

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2013, 04:00.

I have a nifty blue line!

27. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 14, 2013, 03:05 Bhruic

26. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 14, 2013, 01:48 .Drifter

Well, for Gamefly I've tried both the 20% off and 25% off coupon I have access to.
Neither work.
"Sorry, coupon code could not be applied to any of the items in your cart."
That's the issue.
Been over 24hrs for a support request, and so far all I've received are two automated "we'll get to you within 24 hours, due to higher than expected number of support request" emails.

25. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 14, 2013, 01:14 Creston

Slashman wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 21:53:
Why would one not just get a flight stick anyway?

I mean I still use my MS Precision 2. It's more than a decade old and still going strong.

Honestly, the game plays fine with m/kb, it's accurate, fast and smooth. I have no idea what some people are smoking. And I think it'd play fine with a controller as well.

24. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 14, 2013, 01:12 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 20:47:
Where's Creston so I can beg him to get me a copy of Rebirth

Hahahaa. In order for me to start giving away games that expensive, I better get a HUGE fucking bonus for Christmas.

43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo