Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

PS4 mania abounds. The new consoles are only available in some territories, but the news today makes it seem like they are everywhere. This raises the question of whether a simultaneous worldwide launch might have been more desirable, but I can't even begin to imagine the logistics of a staged release, much less a more completely coordinated one.

Desirable Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Good Daddy 2.
Furtive Dao.
Science: Stephen Hawking: physics would be 'more interesting' if Higgs boson hadn't been found.
'Killer robots' ban must be part of Geneva talks, says campaign group.
Media: Why Are So Many Violent Criminals Walking Free?
Are Videogames Too Violent? 1993 Edition. Celebrating two decades of asshattery.
Heavy smokers cut down or quit after magnetic brain stimulation, study finds.
Follow-up: Typhoon Haiyan- Before and after photos of storm's damage.
Cybersecurity expert John McAfee still ‘a person of interest’ in Belize murder. Thanks Slashdot.

View
43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

43. Wyoming Nov 14, 2013, 10:32 Bronco

nin wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 09:15:

I can't remember what game I was playing online where I bumped into a "Sixis", but he said he never heard of Blue's. It was a couple of years ago...

The last time I traded emails with him was November of 2008. He was pissed about some changes they made to Ret Paladins. He told me he had no desire to play Wrath.

I reached out a few more times to him but never got any kind of a response. He and I had become pretty good friends and it was odd for him to just drop off the earth like that.

-TPFKAS2S
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

42. Wyoming Nov 14, 2013, 10:27 Bronco

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 08:57:

Glad you are doing well sir. 5? sheesh. I am busy with 1.

One with two parents is fairly easy - that's double coverage.

Two you switch to man to man, still ok.

Anything over three and now you are in a zone defense and well, they suck.

My oldest is 15 now and my youngest is 3. I've done a fair job of raising gaming enthusiasts although I really don't get the obsession with Minecraft. If I think of how many clients I've paid for it makes me sick.

-TPFKAS2S

41. Re: Wyoming Nov 14, 2013, 09:15 nin

Bronco wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 08:12:
I think Bronco still lurks on rare occasion but Warhawk has been gone a long time. Sixis too.

I'm here from time to time.

After beating my WoW addiction I've stayed away from gaming. Something about having 5 kids limits your free time as well.

Sixis totally vanished off the face of the earth, never returned at least a dozen emails I sent to him. Hope he's doing well.

I can't remember what game I was playing online where I bumped into a "Sixis", but he said he never heard of Blue's. It was a couple of years ago...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

40. Re: Wyoming Nov 14, 2013, 08:57 xXBatmanXx

Bronco wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 08:12:
I think Bronco still lurks on rare occasion but Warhawk has been gone a long time. Sixis too.

After beating my WoW addiction I've stayed away from gaming. Something about having 5 kids limits your free time as well.

Sixis totally vanished off the face of the earth, never returned at least a dozen emails I sent to him. Hope he's doing well.

Glad you are doing well sir. 5? sheesh. I am busy with 1.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

39. Wyoming Nov 14, 2013, 08:12 Bronco

-TPFKAS2S

38. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2013, 00:15 1badmf

Beamer wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 19:00:
1badmf wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 16:44:
man i wish i'd started posting here instead of voodooextreme back in the day. sounds like you guys had a way more interesting crowd.

Well, it took you long enough to register. June 4? IGN ruined VE3D on January 9!

I was also a VE3D regular. Loved the community, loved Billy. I posted on Blues plenty before it required registration, then just lurked. VE3D was going downhill before IGN, with that Andrew guy being terrible and, unrelated, most of his posts being Eurocentric (not that there's anything wrong with that, but we Americans are fortunate enough to have a plethora of US-centric sites to choose from, and unlike real news, video game news isn't better when it's not US focused.) IGN gutting the forums for their own was perfect reason to leave. I'd guess VE3D saw a 50% traffic hit when that happened, if not more. Maybe they thought it would open VE3D to their larger reader base, or maybe they thought it would flush the dregs that kept others from joining. More likely they just didn't think.

I'm also guessing Blue saw a registration spike that day.

Edit - guess I'm wrong, I must have registered before IGN killed the VE3D forums. Seems like that was May 28th

i actually didn't stop posting there until recently when IGN finally shut it down for good. i left for awhile when ign hacked it to bits, but i went back cuz i knew a few of the regulars were still there. when apache took over it was still a good place to be. i didn't really start posting here until maybe a year ago.

37. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2013, 22:49 Sepharo

Prez wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 20:52:
nin wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 19:24:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 19:18:
Why Are So Many Violent Criminals Walking Free?

Because there's too many pot smokers taking up jail cells?

Funny you mention that.

Forget the ACA promise; I'm waiting on the President to make good on his campaign promise to legalize pot and stop the excessive persecution of nonviolent drug law offenders. Executive order that shit and be done with it. His approval rating can't go much lower, and it just might go up as a result.

Promised to legalize pot? When?

All I remember was a broken promise to not use federal enforcement of marijuana laws in states with medical. That's a promise that I think he just renewed, let's see how long it lasts this time.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2013, 20:52 Prez

nin wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 19:24:

Funny you mention that.

Forget the ACA promise; I'm waiting on the President to make good on his campaign promise to legalize pot and stop the excessive persecution of nonviolent drug law offenders. Executive order that shit and be done with it. His approval rating can't go much lower, and it just might go up as a result.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

35. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2013, 19:24 nin

Funny you mention that.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

34. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2013, 19:18 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

33. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2013, 19:11 xXBatmanXx

Immolator wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 19:03:
Creston wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 18:06:
Immolator wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 17:13:
man i wish i'd started posting here instead of voodooextreme back in the day. sounds like you guys had a way more interesting crowd.

I was living it up on Stomped! Looooongtime lurker here, but I can't believe there's no mention of Zathrus in the 'remember him?' conversation...that dude was the voice of reason and sage-like.

Well, we were talking about trolls and 'tards. Zathrus in no way belongs in that conversation, as he was an awesome dude. Miss him too.

Need a troll/tard ranking list...who wants to tackle the top ten?!?

Hellbinder's somewhere in the middle

I wouldn't even waste my time, it is sad we are even talking about them, as it just gives them credibility. It would be best to just stop. "Don't feed the trolls"

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2013, 19:03 Immolator

Creston wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 18:06:

I was living it up on Stomped! Looooongtime lurker here, but I can't believe there's no mention of Zathrus in the 'remember him?' conversation...that dude was the voice of reason and sage-like.

Well, we were talking about trolls and 'tards. Zathrus in no way belongs in that conversation, as he was an awesome dude. Miss him too.

Need a troll/tard ranking list...who wants to tackle the top ten?!?

Hellbinder's somewhere in the middle

31. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2013, 19:00 Beamer

Well, it took you long enough to register. June 4? IGN ruined VE3D on January 9!

I was also a VE3D regular. Loved the community, loved Billy. I posted on Blues plenty before it required registration, then just lurked. VE3D was going downhill before IGN, with that Andrew guy being terrible and, unrelated, most of his posts being Eurocentric (not that there's anything wrong with that, but we Americans are fortunate enough to have a plethora of US-centric sites to choose from, and unlike real news, video game news isn't better when it's not US focused.) IGN gutting the forums for their own was perfect reason to leave. I'd guess VE3D saw a 50% traffic hit when that happened, if not more. Maybe they thought it would open VE3D to their larger reader base, or maybe they thought it would flush the dregs that kept others from joining. More likely they just didn't think.

I'm also guessing Blue saw a registration spike that day.

Edit - guess I'm wrong, I must have registered before IGN killed the VE3D forums. Seems like that was May 28th

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2013, 19:07.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2013, 18:33 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 18:30:
Efflixi wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 17:48:
Free Batman Origins DLC: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=tZmaP3GSPkuwyAhx

Think it only works if you own Origins. Thanks anyway though.

Yea, I play the game through Family Share, and it didn't let me add it - I believe MrGrosser snatched it up, assuming it was left over and a 1x use. Very nice of you Efflixi, thanks.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2013, 18:30 Cutter

Efflixi wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 17:48:

Think it only works if you own Origins. Thanks anyway though.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2013, 18:28 Cutter

Wonder whatever happened to Warhawk and Bronco. I think Bronco still lurks on rare occasion but Warhawk has been gone a long time. Sixis too.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

27. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2013, 18:06 Creston

26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2013, 18:03 xXBatmanXx

PHJF wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 17:43:
I waited like three years to get a PS3 and now I have a sturdy and eclectic library of around fifty titles. I can count the number I paid $60 for on one hand. I have three or four titles I'm waiting on for lower prices.

I'll get a PS4. In two years. If it has a decent library.

Same.

Money (or lack of) and judges with weak sentencing guidelines.

There is also a push (because of ACLU and other "groups") to get minorities out of jail as they claim there is a misrepresentation of color in jails. So a lot of violent offenders are being released or having sentences reduced to clear out the jails. There are a number of victims now suing various groups/court systems for not protecting the general public as the violent offenders are routinely let out before they should be. It is a scary situation. Number arent hard to find, but when bad dudes do really bad stuff and it makes the news - public record searches and county records search usually (insert question statement) "why was this person on the street in the first place?"

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2013, 18:18.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2013, 17:49 Immolator

That (Heather) sounds right...they had kids or a newborn, which pretty much zaps the life out of you. I recall a couple of threads where Enahs tried to match wits with him...so cute.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2013, 17:48 Efflixi

43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo