Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt

Codemasters confirms via Twitter that DIRT 3 is another game that will transition to Steamworks for multiplayer support with the unlamented death of Games for Windows LIVE (thanks PC Gamer). This may not get the green flag until next year, however, as they say: "We are working on it but it may not be until the new year."

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

10. Re: DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt Nov 12, 2013, 12:17 Creston

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 12:07:
Creston wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 12:04:
My only gfMFwl concern left is Red Faction:Guerilla. And since its publisher has gone belly up, I'm going to guess that we'll be fucked come next year
You don't have to log into GFWL to play. It doesn't really detract from the experience at all--just don't use it. Guerrilla was a fantastic game. I wish the sequel didn't reportedly suck so bad (I never played it because of that). I had so much fun with RF:G.

You don't have to? Well, that's good news then.

Armageddon isn't a bad game, it's quite enjoyable in parts, to be honest, but it isn't what people wanted. We wanted an expanded and more awesome-ified Guerilla, and instead we got Red Faction:Dead Space. Fucking publishers.

It's worth picking up for 5 bucks, as it's definitely enjoyable the first time through. (It also has probably the coolest missile/rocket launcher of all time.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt Nov 12, 2013, 12:08 nin

My only gfMFwl concern left is Red Faction:Guerilla. And since its publisher has gone belly up, I'm going to guess that we'll be fucked come next year

I want DR2:OTR fixed, dammit!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8. Re: DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt Nov 12, 2013, 12:07 ForgedReality

You don't have to log into GFWL to play. It doesn't really detract from the experience at all--just don't use it. Guerrilla was a fantastic game. I wish the sequel didn't reportedly suck so bad (I never played it because of that). I had so much fun with RF:G.

7. Re: DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt Nov 12, 2013, 12:05 Creston

Also, note to all publishers: Since MS is just going to transition this into Xbox Live and smear that shit all over the PC as well, STAY FAR THE FUCK AWAY FROM MICROSOFT'S WORTHLESS Live SHIT!  

6. Re: DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt Nov 12, 2013, 12:04 Creston

5. Re: DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt Nov 12, 2013, 11:43 HoSpanky

Hopefully they'll convert dirt 2 as well, was the better game.  

4. Re: DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt Nov 12, 2013, 10:25 nin

fiftykyu wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 10:22:
Maybe if I praise that sun hard enough From Software will notice their game uses GFWL...

\[T]/

Claptrap?!

3. Re: DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt Nov 12, 2013, 10:22 fiftykyu

Maybe if I praise that sun hard enough From Software will notice their game uses GFWL...

\[T]/

2. Re: DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt Nov 12, 2013, 09:45 Darks

nin wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 09:16:
with the unlamented death of Games for Windows LIVE

GFMFWL!

Also, good on codemasters. Now give capcom a call - I think they need help with the transition.

Damn nin, your all over the first post this Moring.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

1. Re: DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt Nov 12, 2013, 09:16 nin

with the unlamented death of Games for Windows LIVE

GFMFWL!

Also, good on codemasters. Now give capcom a call - I think they need help with the transition.

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo