Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode 1

BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode 1 is now available, offering new content for BioShock Infinite, including a return to Rapture, the setting of the first installment in this series of first-person shooters. The game's official website features a launch trailer to help acclimate us to the add-on's underwater environment without getting the bends. Here's the announcement, including a bit on plans for episode two:

2K and Irrational Games announced today that BioShock® Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode 1 is available for download worldwide* on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC starting today.

BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode 1, developed by Irrational Games, is the second add-on content pack for the award-winning BioShock Infinite, and features Booker and Elizabeth in a film noir-style story that places them in a shining Rapture on the eve of its fall from grace.

Game Informer recently called BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode 1: “…the DLC we've been waiting for.” Destructoid stated: “…I loved it so much that it makes me wonder why it's not a standalone game.” IGN concluded: “It feels damn good to be back in Rapture.”

BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode 1 can be purchased separately for $14.99, or as part of the BioShock Infinite Season Pass, which is priced at $19.99. The Season Pass, which is available for purchase via online marketplaces on all available platforms starting today, contains $35 of playable content for $19.99, including both Burial at Sea episodes, the previously released Clash in the Clouds add-on pack, as well as the Early Bird Special Pack that has powerful weapon upgrades, exclusive gold weapon skins and infusion bottles to upgrade player abilities.

“It’s been particularly rewarding to return to Rapture with Booker and Elizabeth,” said Ken Levine, creative director of Irrational Games. “We were inspired by both Columbia’s and Rapture’s storylines, and merged them into something new. The icing on the cake is seeing the BioShock Infinite team build entirely new sections of the underwater city in the Infinite engine.”

BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode 2 is in development at Irrational Games and brings gamers something they have been asking for since they first met the character of Elizabeth: the chance to see the world through her eyes and face challenges as she would. In this second episode of Burial at Sea, players will experience a new storyline, and a new stealth-oriented gameplay experience.

BioShock Infinite is rated M for Mature by the ESRB and is available now for the PS3™ system, Xbox 360, Mac® and Windows PC. For the latest news and information on BioShock Infinite, become a fan on Facebook and follow Irrational Games on Twitter.

* BioShock Infinite is not included in this add-on content, but is required to play all of the included content.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode 1 Nov 12, 2013, 16:42 Flatline

I don't give a shit. I bought the season pass. Xcom and Burial at Sea? Hell yeah.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode 1 Nov 12, 2013, 13:00 Cutter

No sale! Until $5 or under at any rate.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode 1 Nov 12, 2013, 12:25 MajorD

nin wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 12:03:
The one that spawns in the dentist office (with all the steam), is the one that always gets me. On first playthrough I think I threw the mouse about 3 feet in the air.

edit: Not watching the video, I'm assuming that's Sander Cohen?

Oh yeah, the dentist office was another good OS moment.

I thought it was Cohen too.....probably my favorite chapter in BioShock.

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode 1 Nov 12, 2013, 12:03 nin

MajorD wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 12:01:
Yeah, that is/was a little freaky. It gave me flashbacks of my very first encounter with a Splicer in BioShock 1 where I was hacking a vending machine, and turned around to leave and BAM! there was a Splicer right in my face. Literally jumped out of my chair.

The one that spawns in the dentist office (with all the steam), is the one that always gets me. On first playthrough I think I threw the mouse about 3 feet in the air.

edit: Not watching the video, I'm assuming that's Sander Cohen?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode 1 Nov 12, 2013, 12:01 MajorD

nin wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 09:21:
Think I'm going to wait for part 2 and see what reviews it gets...

Also, the screengrab from that YT video is particularly disturbing, first thing in the morning...

Yeah, that is/was a little freaky. It gave me flashbacks of my very first encounter with a Splicer in BioShock 1 where I was hacking a vending machine, and turned around to leave and BAM! there was a Splicer right in my face. Literally jumped out of my chair.

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode 1 Nov 12, 2013, 11:47 Tumbler

I'll pick this up when it's $5...or as steam now calls it $7.49.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode 1 Nov 12, 2013, 10:23 fds

It's not showing up for me in Steam yet. I'm a Season Pass owner but no new DLC downloaded. It's also not listed on the page listing available DLC for BioShock Infinite yet.  

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode 1 Nov 12, 2013, 09:44 Darks

nin wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 09:21:

Also, the screengrab from that YT video is particularly disturbing, first thing in the morning...

That, and a steam sale when Christmas rolls around.

Nin, I think you will find this interesting a review from inc gamers.

He stated it took him about three hours the first time, than ran it again in about an hour. he was not happy and stated this dlc is BS that it was split into two parts just to satisfy the season pass.

www.incgamers.com/2013/11/bioshock-infinite-burial-sea-part-1-dlc-pc-review

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2013, 09:53.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode 1 Nov 12, 2013, 09:21 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo