Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced

The World of Warcraft website announces Warlords of Draenor, a fifth expansion for Blizzard's MMORPG that offers new player models, new areas, and new challenges, along with more power to overcome them with an instant upgrade to level 90 for one character on the way to the new level cap of 100. The add-on is playable right now by BlizzCon attendees, but they are not yet projecting a time-frame for it to go live. They offer this announcement trailer, a page with further details, and the following is from the official press release:

Across Draenor's savage jungles and battle-scarred plains, Azeroth's heroes will engage in a mythic conflict involving mystical draenei champions and mighty orc clans, and cross axes with the likes of Grommash Hellscream, Blackhand, and Ner’zhul at the height of their primal power. Players will need to scour this unwelcoming land in search of allies to help build a desperate defense against the old Horde’s formidable engine of conquest—or else watch their own world’s bloody, war-torn history repeat itself.

“Warlords of Draenor gives players a chance to take a commanding role in one of the Warcraft series’ most crucial conflicts,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “This expansion also includes features that make it easy for anyone to jump right into the action, whether they’ve played WoW at some point in the past or are just setting foot in Azeroth for the first time.”

To help new and returning players answer the call to arms on Draenor, the expansion will enable anyone to instantly boost one character to level 90, including a newly created character, quickly getting them up to speed and ready to enjoy the latest content with their friends.

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

39. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 10, 2013, 13:10 Spektr

time travel? Is Draenor the outlands before it exploded. To be honest I quit this game long ago and not because of pandas because I couldnt be bothered the same game for five more years. To be honest there is nothing announced here that's tempting me into going back. The updated player character models are quite necessary if they want to keep capturing new players though. But strategically I think that's something they should be doing for free.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 10, 2013, 04:30 Muscular Beaver

Scheherazade wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 00:04:
I just want PvP / Arenas with pre-determined gear sets.

So you can join, and just PvP to your heart's content, and everyone is on an even footing.

Like they do in the tournaments - but for everyone who wants to play like that.

I just wanna fight. I don't care about the gear grind and B.S. you gotta do to stay competitive.
I just want a WoW PvP sandbox.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the old SS vs TM world PvP.
It was some of the most fun I've had in any multiplayer game.
But back then, even the best gear in the game was only a little better than quest blues.
The stat inflation has ruined the game, IMO.

I simply don't want to dedicate my life to the game just to stay competitive with those that do.
And with the stat inflation, if you take a break and don't keep up, you're done.

-scheherazade

They would never do that, because then their horrible balancing would be even more obvious.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

37. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 9, 2013, 10:47 LanikTnt

WoW went down the Draenor a long time ago...  

36. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 9, 2013, 08:29 Mr. Tact

Moog wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 06:24:
Quit WoW a couple of years ago when they announced Pandas FFS!

If I were to be tempted back I would need *all* of my chars to be insta-levelled to 90 so I could completely skip the Kung Fu Panda content.
Yeah, I was thinking that too. Even if it was 1 free and $5-10 for each additional, I might be cool with that. Do the free one, and then I could decided if I wanted to continue or not.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

35. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 9, 2013, 06:24 Moog

Quit WoW a couple of years ago when they announced Pandas FFS!

If I were to be tempted back I would need *all* of my chars to be insta-levelled to 90 so I could completely skip the Kung Fu Panda content.

34. No subject Nov 9, 2013, 01:55 D_K_night

Trevellian wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 17:28:
NKD wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 16:28:
Trevellian wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 16:18:
Kill off all the characters people who played Warcraft loved?
Retcon it all by doing a shitty time traveling expansion?
Fuck WoW and fuck their writers.
What drivel.

What characters are you referring to?

Everyone who was relevant? Last I read about the Pandaria storyline and this new assault on Orgimmar patch they had, Cairn was dead, Thrall was dead, Arthas/Lich King has been dead, Illidan has been dead. The only ones left are Proudmore and Sylvanas/Banshee Queen from the original games that anyone gives a shit about.

The fact of the matter is they've lost anyone interested in the original Warcraft RTS Lore at this point and time travel is a piss poor way of dealing with it. It's an incredibly trite and pathetic way to pull a mulligan.

This tells me no matter what they try, they can't please you. Admit it.

33. No subject Nov 9, 2013, 01:54 D_K_night

I don't know what's wrong with some of you. So many of you are looking to hate, no matter what they try to do with the warcraft universe.

"oh retconn waahhhh"

"oh boring story wahhhhh"

"oh not interested wahhh"

The mere fact that you posted, means you cared enough to. Wanna know how you kill anything off? It's by not even caring to look.

32. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 9, 2013, 00:31 Frijoles

Trevellian wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 17:28:
Last I read about the Pandaria storyline and this new assault on Orgimmar patch they had, Cairn was dead, Thrall was dead, Arthas/Lich King has been dead, Illidan has been dead.

Thrall isn't dead. I kind of wish he were. I'm a bit sick of seeing him pop up everywhere. In fact, didn't they say he's the one who chases Garrosh in to the new time-travelled Draenor? Metzen was rattling off a bunch of names from Warcraft 1/2 that we'll meet. Maybe that's to inject some new names in to the game.

The storyline looks weak, and the time travel sounds lame, but the systems they're putting in look pretty fun. The changes to inventory are long overdo. The "player housing" looks really well done. I'm looking forward to the expansion for those changes. Plus the free 90 boost will be handy. I have a few alts that aren't 90 yet.

31. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 9, 2013, 00:09 briktal

Scheherazade wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 00:04:

So you can join, and just PvP to your heart's content, and everyone is on an even footing.

I just wanna fight. I don't care about the gear grind and B.S. you gotta do to stay competitive.

But back then, even the best gear in the game was only a little better than quest blues.

-scheherazade

That is apparently the way arenas are going to work in the next expansion. World PVP and Battlegrounds will still give honor you buy gear with, but arenas will give you all the gear.

30. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 9, 2013, 00:04 Scheherazade

I simply don't want to dedicate my life to the game just to stay competitive with those that do.
And with the stat inflation, if you take a break and don't keep up, you're done.

-scheherazade

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2013, 00:10.

29. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 8, 2013, 23:22 Agent.X7

NKD wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 19:41:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 17:39:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 16:51:
Are they just out of original ideas?

I thought Pandaria WAS an original idea. No one liked it.

Anything using existing lore and people bitch that it's rehashed and lame. Anything new and people bitch that it has nothing to do with Warcraft.

No, we went to Draenor already. It was in the Burning Crusade. Of all the things we still haven't seen them bring into WoW, we get more Draenor? Come on.

And I never said Pandaria wasn't original. I never bitched about it, I actually thought it was a cool idea. I just never finished because I am so bored with WoW right now.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

28. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 8, 2013, 23:16 Mashiki Amiketo

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 17:38:
After watching the trailer again, it seems to me like they pulled the A team off of WoW to work on whatever they have up their sleeve, and now we have the B team trying hard to keep WoW relevant.
The A team got pulled off just after TBC, and it's been the B team ever since. One of the reasons why TBC is considered the best of the expansions for the game. Expansion wise has been hit or miss for me for the last couple, I think my last serious play was almost 2.5 years ago, and my mage is still stuck in Mt. Hyjal. I simply gave up because of the talents and screw arounds.

I may get this and sub up for a few months to see how it is though.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

27. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 8, 2013, 22:16 PropheT

jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 17:44:
Yeah, it looks like they had to forgo their typical rendered trailer for something put together with the game engine.

Can't really show off new character models in a CGI trailer.

26. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 8, 2013, 21:20 Alamar

NKD wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 19:41:

Anything using existing lore and people bitch that it's rehashed and lame. Anything new and people bitch that it has nothing to do with Warcraft.

This is the nature of the internet... And I don't mean that cynically...

Any group that is large enough, including the Blues News Curmudgeons I have occasionally griped about, have enough people, that at any given time, one part is complaining about a feature existing, while others are complaining about a feature missing, while others love each of those, any combination thereof... So at some future time, there will always be a factual ability to complain about previous complainers (and whichever opinion any given subset of that group had issue with).

In short, we all need to realize that it's all moot, because most of the time, it's a different group of people, but we group all conflicting views together... Plus, people are allowed to change their minds : )

-Alamar

25. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 8, 2013, 20:18 Ozmodan

Pretty sure this is not going to be that big a deal.  

24. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 8, 2013, 19:41 NKD

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

23. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 8, 2013, 19:22 Alamar

I wonder if, for the entire expansion, your character looks like an Orc or Drainy (sic), because the other races wouldn't make sense... : )

-Alamar

22. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 8, 2013, 19:08 Redmask

New character models!

WHOA!

21. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 8, 2013, 19:00 Cutter

Wow, talk about looking dated. Zero interest in this, WoW, or Actiblizz to be honest.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

20. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 8, 2013, 18:36 FloorPie

I took a break two months ago from WoW, haven't been that motivated to go back even though I miss friends and I've wanted to kill Gorrosh in the new raid. This expansion actually looks interesting compared to MoP.  

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo