Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Normally I might be thinking TGIF right about now, but I have autumn leaf cleanup for not one, but two houses this weekend, which I am looking forward to so much I would have rolled with a couple of extra Monday's this week to forestall the chore just a bit. Oh well, it will be nice when it's all taken care of, except for all the straggling leaves waiting for the ground to be clear before taking the plunge.

Leafy Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Douchebag Beach Club.
Crystal Story 2.
Links: Star Wars- Episode VII to Open December 18, 2015. Thanks nin.
Burglar surprised to discover the lady he's robbing is an armed ax-throwing champ -
Stories: Being bilingual may delay Alzheimer's and boost brain power.
FDA Targets Trans Fat in Processed Foods.
Hemet Woman Armed With Throwing Ax Chases Thief From Home. Thanks Boing Boing.
Science: Babies’ eyes may hold early clues about autism.
Bizarre six-tailed asteroid dumbfounds scientists.
Media: Los Santos Psycho (GTA V Machinima).
Students mistaking video camera for stills camera.
The New Black Gold 2013 - Deus Ex Human Revolution song (Miracle of Sound). Thanks nin.
The Funnies: xkcd: Substitutions.

View
44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

44. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2013, 08:46 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 02:21:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 22:25:
Creston wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 22:07:

I've never understood raking leaves anyway. Don't they just dissolve in a few months?

HELL NO! It becomes a disgusting mess when the snow melts. It is a must to clean up before the snow locks that shit to the ground.

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 22:54:
Way too much mass. It simply becomes matted against the ground, killing the grass. If you used a mulching mower you might get away with leaving that on the lawn, but it could still be too much, would be on my lawn.

I knew I was smart to put zero trees in my yard.

Well, it is pretty windy here today - so I got that going for me....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2013, 02:21 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 22:25:

I've never understood raking leaves anyway. Don't they just dissolve in a few months?

HELL NO! It becomes a disgusting mess when the snow melts. It is a must to clean up before the snow locks that shit to the ground.

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 22:54:
Way too much mass. It simply becomes matted against the ground, killing the grass. If you used a mulching mower you might get away with leaving that on the lawn, but it could still be too much, would be on my lawn.

I knew I was smart to put zero trees in my yard.

42. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2013, 00:32 xXBatmanXx

Tom Cruise likens career as actor to soldier away from family in Afghanistan ...

WOW! Just.......wow......I don't even know how to respond.....

People get sent to the hospital for 72 Hour mental health evaluations for the type of shit he is saying. I really hope the judge came down hard on him and didn't listen to this garbage.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2013, 00:47.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

41. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 23:05 nin

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 21:50:
A Star Wars... in December?

Star Wars movies are released on Memorial Day weekend, at the end of May. It's, like, a law. Does Disney not understand Star Wars at all?!?!11?!

The rumor was the production team wanted it pushed to 2016 to allow them time, and Iger insisted on 2015. So it's a compromise, of the end of 2015.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

40. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 22:54 Mr. Tact

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

39. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 22:28 Beamer

Cutter wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 19:36:
Check your emails, Wasteland 1 codes have gone out. If no email you can log into the ranger center and grab it there.

https://rangercenter.inxile-entertainment.com/login

Thanks, I never got the email so wouldn't have seen this.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

38. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 22:25 xXBatmanXx

PHJF wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 16:36:
My grandmother is hospitalized so while I was up there I raked her yard. The day after, it stormed and there were then twice as many leaves as before I'd done a damn thing. Fucking trees.

37. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 22:08 Creston

Cutter wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 19:36:
Check your emails, Wasteland 1 codes have gone out. If no email you can log into the ranger center and grab it there.

Woooooooo flippin' ooooooooooot!

36. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 22:07 Creston

My grandmother is hospitalized so while I was up there I raked her yard. The day after, it stormed and there were then twice as many leaves as before I'd done a damn thing. Fucking trees.

Hope your grandma will do better soon!

35. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 21:50 The_Pink_Tiger

A Star Wars... in December?

Star Wars movies are released on Memorial Day weekend, at the end of May. It's, like, a law. Does Disney not understand Star Wars at all?!?!11?!

But really, meh. I'm still a huge geek for the original trilogy and can even bestir myself for some of the extended universe stuff but the prequels made me wary and Disney's purchase of the license (and JJ "Lets Add More Lens-flare!" Abrams involvement) pretty much killed my interest in the new movies. So release it as a Halloween movie for all I care.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 19:36 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

33. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 17:57 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 17:09:
Hope your Grandmother is doing better. The leafs are your own fault, I never rake leafs until all the trees around the house have completely (or close to) shed their leafs.
But think of all the exercise he'll be getting!

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

32. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 17:45 Julio

I think the axe lady should have gone for the throw. Too bad the law probably wouldn't have sided with her on it.  

31. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 17:10 nin

jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 16:59:
BobBob wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 14:17:
I've traveled the world quite a bit, experiencing fairly severe climates. One thing that always amazes me is where I call home. There is no winter, no autumn, summer feels a little warmer (the ocean breeze balancing it out), and mostly of the time it feels like spring.

Which island are you on?

Alc-a-trazzzzzzzzzzzz...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 17:09 Mr. Tact

Hope your Grandmother is doing better. The leafs are your own fault, I never rake leafs until all the trees around the house have completely (or close to) shed their leafs.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 16:59 jdreyer

BobBob wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 14:17:
I've traveled the world quite a bit, experiencing fairly severe climates. One thing that always amazes me is where I call home. There is no winter, no autumn, summer feels a little warmer (the ocean breeze balancing it out), and mostly of the time it feels like spring.

Which island are you on?

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 16:36 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

27. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 16:01 Prez

Blue wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 11:35:
DrSquick wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 10:31:
Blue, that got me thinking - do you prepare Saturday's and Sunday's posts ahead of time? Or have you worked seven days a week for the last 15 years?

The latter.

Slacker!

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 15:53 xXBatmanXx

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we are back.  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 14:52 Mr. Tact

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 14:40:
Blue, I have 2 words for you:
Mulching. Mower.
Yeah, I have one of those mulching mowers too. I tried this one year, and even though I usually bag my grass -- I know, I know, why get a mulching mower if you are going to bag the grass -- but the bag fills so quickly it's more hassle than it worth. Standard raking seems like less effort(maybe it isn't, but it seems like it).

44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo