Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Gatherings & Competitions

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 7, 2013, 08:34 Verno

The storyline in SC2 was B level fanfic garbage, I've read better in the free genre novels on the Kindle store. Diablo 3 also had terrible writing and characters even for a "casual" game.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 7, 2013, 03:49 InBlack

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 02:17:
BitWraith wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 14:00:
StarCraft 2 (including Heart of the Swarm) was good.

Was average, they killed the story in SC2. They took too long to make a sequel and not with the original team. The whole love story with kerrigan was just WTF. In the original game Jim was ready to kill kerrigan, then all of a sudden he wants to save her? yeah right. SC2 was just average (hard to screw up since they cloned SC1). The story is balls though.

I take it youve never loved/hated someone? Ive had one relationship like that. Was really fucked up and nearly fucking ruined me, but it was intense as hell. Granted Ive never been in love with the queen of an alien species but I would wager that would make it all the more extreme....

Granted. SC2 was pretty good. The rest? Pure garbage.

I have a nifty blue line!

17. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 7, 2013, 02:17 Suppa7

BitWraith wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 14:00:

Was average, they killed the story in SC2. They took too long to make a sequel and not with the original team. The whole love story with kerrigan was just WTF. In the original game Jim was ready to kill kerrigan, then all of a sudden he wants to save her? yeah right. SC2 was just average (hard to screw up since they cloned SC1). The story is balls though.

16. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2013, 22:33 Frags4Fun

Frijoles wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 18:55:
Frags4Fun wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 16:26:
This happened back when the island update (I forget the name, 5.3 maybe) came out back in March. Maybe they changed it back since then.Either way, I vowed to never give them another dime. I was quite pissed as were most of the other multiboxers. Oh well, life goes on.

Must have changed it. A multiboxer joined our 5.4 LFR group the other day. Was pretty funny, actually. His "main" was the main tank, and one of his boxes was the alt tank. He didn't realize he had queued it as a tank. Ended up bitching about the other tank sucking.

Those bastards! P: I spent a lot of time writing scripts and configuring all my stuff. I had been multiboxing for years but right before that patch I was psyched because I had just made some pretty significant advances in my scripts and out of nowhere they hit us with that patch which snuck in this change (wasn't even mentioned in the patch notes). I was devastated at the time due to all the time and energy, not to mention cash that I had invested in my setup. I refuse to put myself in that sort of situation again with Blizzard. They screwed me enough times over the years. It's a shame because I really like WoW. :/

</walloftext>

15. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2013, 19:22 Julio

I'll quote Jay on this - "Fuck those losers". Blizzard is dead to me.  

14. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2013, 18:55 Frijoles

Frags4Fun wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 16:26:
This happened back when the island update (I forget the name, 5.3 maybe) came out back in March. Maybe they changed it back since then.Either way, I vowed to never give them another dime. I was quite pissed as were most of the other multiboxers. Oh well, life goes on.

Must have changed it. A multiboxer joined our 5.4 LFR group the other day. Was pretty funny, actually. His "main" was the main tank, and one of his boxes was the alt tank. He didn't realize he had queued it as a tank. Ended up bitching about the other tank sucking.

13. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2013, 16:26 Frags4Fun

NKD wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 12:39:
Verno wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 12:02:
Frags4Fun wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 11:49:
Not excited at all. Couldn't care less actually. I'm still bitter over them ruining Multiboxing in WoW. It's very unlikely that I will ever give that company another dime.

What did they do there exactly? I must have missed that one after quitting.

That's a good question. I barely log in these days. But I have no idea what he is talking about. People still multibox just fine.

They removed the /follow command from battlegrounds, random dungeons, raids, etc. It's still possible to multibox out in the world, but not in instances which require a queue. This makes it very difficult to gear up your toons unless you run them individually. This happened back when the island update (I forget the name, 5.3 maybe) came out back in March. Maybe they changed it back since then.Either way, I vowed to never give them another dime. I was quite pissed as were most of the other multiboxers. Oh well, life goes on.

12. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2013, 16:16 Cutter

Cata was the last thing I bought from Actiblizz. It'll probably remain that way. Funny how greed can take a company from entirely beloved to entirely despised in a few short years.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2013, 14:53 Prez

The Blizzard name alone used to be enough to get me excited. Now I really don't care what they do. They've long since given up making games I would want to play.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2013, 14:00 BitWraith

9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2013, 12:51 Steele Johnson

This company hasn't put out a good game in 10 years.  

8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2013, 12:39 NKD

Verno wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 12:02:
Not excited at all. Couldn't care less actually. I'm still bitter over them ruining Multiboxing in WoW. It's very unlikely that I will ever give that company another dime.

That's a good question. I barely log in these days. But I have no idea what he is talking about. People still multibox just fine.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2013, 12:02 Verno

6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2013, 11:49 Frags4Fun

5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2013, 10:25 BitWraith

InBlack wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 09:38:
Verno wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 09:26:
I don't think we'll be seeing Titan for a looong time, apparently it went through some sort of internal reboot.

Hahahah, I just remembered something. Didnt Diablo3 go through like 3 or 4 reboots??

Yeah - the massive failure of the real-money-auction-house has changed all of their plans considerably.

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2013, 09:38 InBlack

Verno wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 09:26:
I don't think we'll be seeing Titan for a looong time, apparently it went through some sort of internal reboot.

Hahahah, I just remembered something. Didnt Diablo3 go through like 3 or 4 reboots??

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2013, 09:27 Optional nickname

God bless the Path of Exile dev team, I am donating the equivalent value of a Blizzcon(-artist) ticket to them this coming christmas.

signed, nobleatreides.

2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2013, 09:26 Verno

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2013, 09:17 NKD

Call me when Titan is ready to show.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo