Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: etc. Nov 6, 2013, 01:16 Agent.X7

SlimRam wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 23:35:
I'm thinking that Uwe Boll is the ONLY director they should let loose on the Kane & Lynch movie...

Lets FACE IT, when your starting at rock bottom, there's only one way to go

I laughed. It's true though. I enjoyed the games, but only because I bought them for like $4 or $5 on STEAM. If I had paid $60 I would have been pissed.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: etc. Nov 5, 2013, 23:35 SlimRam

I'm thinking that Uwe Boll is the ONLY director they should let loose on the Kane & Lynch movie...

Lets FACE IT, when your starting at rock bottom, there's only one way to go

I'm bringing Sexy Back

Luckily, I kept the receipt

8. Re: etc. Nov 5, 2013, 16:59 Pigeon

PropheT wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 12:21:
Verno wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 10:05:
The new director did an amazing job with FF14, I don't play personally but I've heard nothing but good things about it from others. To turn around that turd is nothing short of a miracle.

I don't think they did, honestly. What bugs me about the praise it gets is that it still has nearly all of the same complaints that got it panned the first time it released; it's certainly less buggy, but that wasn't what earned it so much hate when it originally launched.

Their insanely rabid fanbase going everywhere to spread word of mouth that it's fixed and a great game seems to me to be what made it successful, along with perfect timing in that no other MMO has really come out recently and no one was waiting for one at the same time.

Don't believe the hype that's gotten around about it, there are much better free to play options out there than what this offers for a sub.

The biggest problems I see are bots and goldsellers. They run rampant on the servers, and there isn't a quick way to report them. And reporting them seems ineffective.

For the crafting portion of the game they've handled most resources pretty well, but things obtained from mobs are a real pain in the butt to acquire, especially in the quantities that you'll need. Basically mob spawns are few and number and demand is high, so you have a lot of competition for very few resources. Its really frustrating to watch as 1 player effectively dominates the collection of a specific resource because of spawn rate control.

Otherwise its a pretty good game, since your character can effectively be any class or job in the game if you get bored with one role you can just switch to another, and there are a few different ways you can level up.

7. Re: etc. Nov 5, 2013, 14:33 Agent.X7

Dark Horizons posts a story about how they have reached out to Vin Diesel and everyone picks it up and says he is in talks.

I'm not sure how eager he is to pick up anymore projects. He is perpetually working on Hannibal and Fast and Furious, he is planning a new Riddick, doing voice work for some movies, etc. I know he has said that he has to turn down some roles already because he is so busy, so I'm not sure he would jump at the chance to play a video game character that was never all that popular.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

6. Re: etc. Nov 5, 2013, 12:50 Verno

What elements of the game disappoint you?  

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

5. Re: etc. Nov 5, 2013, 12:21 PropheT

Verno wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 10:05:
The new director did an amazing job with FF14, I don't play personally but I've heard nothing but good things about it from others. To turn around that turd is nothing short of a miracle.

I don't think they did, honestly. What bugs me about the praise it gets is that it still has nearly all of the same complaints that got it panned the first time it released; it's certainly less buggy, but that wasn't what earned it so much hate when it originally launched.

Their insanely rabid fanbase going everywhere to spread word of mouth that it's fixed and a great game seems to me to be what made it successful, along with perfect timing in that no other MMO has really come out recently and no one was waiting for one at the same time.

Don't believe the hype that's gotten around about it, there are much better free to play options out there than what this offers for a sub.

4. Kane and Lynch Movie Nov 5, 2013, 12:09 Creston

Words Fail Me.  

3. Re: etc. Nov 5, 2013, 10:11 Verno

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 10:09:
Between the great job they did rebuilding 14, the early but cool looking 15, and the strong words coming from their new President regarding rebuilding the company, I am tentatively excite about Square again. I didn't think that would happen.

I'm a bit nervous about all of their cellphone plans but hopefully FF15 doesn't suck and drive them toward that alone.

2. Re: etc. Nov 5, 2013, 10:09 NegaDeath

Between the great job they did rebuilding 14, the early but cool looking 15, and the strong words coming from their new President regarding rebuilding the company, I am tentatively excite about Square again. I didn't think that would happen.  

1. Re: etc. Nov 5, 2013, 10:05 Verno

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo