Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Company of Heroes 2 Maps & Editor Next Week

SEGA announces that next week they will release a free content update for Company of Heroes 2, Relic's World War II real-time strategy sequel. This will include two new multiplayer maps, four new multiplayer commanders, and the World Builder that will allow players to create and share their own maps for the game. There are details and images on the SEGA Blog, where they say the release is scheduled for November 12th. "We are excited to provide such a large content update to Company of Heroes 2 players," said Greg Wilson, Executive Producer at Relic Entertainment. "We are particularly proud to offer our community the much sought-after World Builder and are hoping to provide Steam Workshop integration and other mod features in the near future." They also offer a new trailer.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Maps & Editor Next Week Nov 5, 2013, 08:35 Verno

It's not bad, it's just completely average. They completely missed the boat on new features in some areas while making inexplicable changes to the underlying damage calcs in others. The game has an over-reliance on random crits now which make infantry matchups a coin toss, the models and palette are indistinct and the games AA implementation is FXAA which makes things worse. There are a ton of reused abilities and units from the first game and as someone else mentioned the map design is totally unimpressive. The new engine runs a lot better in most respects (except for lack of SLI support) and the streaming features are good but man the game just isn't very fun.

I really really wanted to like this game but it's simply not a good game, just a really average effort.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Maps & Editor Next Week Nov 5, 2013, 08:26 Whiskers

I loved the first CoH. I completely forgot they made a sequel. I assume if it was good people would have actually talked about it. Sad. All the good Relic games just cna't seem to pull it together for sequels. Dawn of War 1 and CoH 1 are still two of my favorite RTS games.  

3. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Maps & Editor Next Week Nov 5, 2013, 07:32 Redmask

It's pretty much an entirely different set of devs from COH and it shows. The russian setting sucks too, too many similar maps without distinguishing features and there was already a russian themed COH mod that was arguably more ambitious.  

2. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Maps & Editor Next Week Nov 5, 2013, 07:06 Suppa7

CoH 2 proved to me the devs have no idea wtf they are doing.  

1. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Maps & Editor Next Week Nov 5, 2013, 01:38 Paranoid Jack

I loved CoH but felt raped after buying the Digital CE of CoH2.

They need to do a lot of these free map releases if they want me to buy into another game.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo