Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Interviews

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 18:01 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 03:14:
we need a proper TES game...

In terms of ES years... Skyrim is still a pup. Not sure we need another at this point, Fallout first makes more sense. Unless they want to come up with a coop version of ES with private servers, that is welcome any day.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 11:42 Creston

Verno wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 09:56:
Indeed. Ok let me rephrase that. We need to know that a proper TES game is in the works. So Bethesda, give it up. Tell us what we know to be true...

The millions of copies of Skyrim sold is the confirmation. I'm more interested in an engine rewrite and I hope they take their time doing it. The TES Gamebryo stuff is really creaky at this point, particularly the scripting and combat engines.

The problem they have is that their entire modding community is built on Gamebryo. Every tool people use, every bit of experience (on both sides), it all ties into Gamebryo.

So if they dump it and get a new engine, will their modding community be just as awesome? Will modders be able to make the jump en masse, or will it only be the really good and smart ones that can figure it out?

They know full well that it's the mods that sell their game on the PC. I don't know if they'd be willing to risk it...

Anyway, they are working on TES6, but don't expect to see it until 2015 or 2016 at the earliest.

8. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 09:56 Verno

Indeed. Ok let me rephrase that. We need to know that a proper TES game is in the works. So Bethesda, give it up. Tell us what we know to be true...

The millions of copies of Skyrim sold is the confirmation. I'm more interested in an engine rewrite and I hope they take their time doing it. The TES Gamebryo stuff is really creaky at this point, particularly the scripting and combat engines.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

7. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 09:29 RollinThundr

InBlack wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 09:05:
Verno wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 08:25:
This game is so damn meh, we need a proper TES game...

We just got Skyrim like 2 years ago, give it some time

Don't get the hate on this, it's being done by a separate internal studio, and looks like it could be alot of fun. Tons of character customization as well.

I doubt it'll slow down them releasing whatever the next Oblivion/Skyrim whatever big single player release is, those games print money, as they should, they're awesome.

6. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 09:05 InBlack

Verno wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 08:25:

I have a nifty blue line!

5. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 08:25 Verno

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

4. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 07:26 Ant

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 23:22:
* Crickets *
Where? I am hungry eat some.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

3. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 03:14 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 4, 2013, 23:59 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 23:22:
* Crickets *

No kidding.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

1. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 4, 2013, 23:22 jdreyer

* Crickets *  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo