Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4 Known Issues

A large thread on Battlelog lists known issues with Battlefield 4, and what DICE is doing to clear up problems users are experiencing with the just-released military shooter sequel. These include missing perks, lost progression, file corruption, and other bugs. A few updates have been added since the post went up, the most recent explaining new server updates are live to address some of these issues. Word is: "Since the launch of Battlefield 4, some fans playing online have been experiencing various issues with the game. Thanks to your feedback, many of these problems have been resolved, but there are still a number of bugs that we are actively working on. Below you will find a list of some of the resolved issues, as well as some of the issues we are prioritizing at the moment and what we’re doing to address them."

View
55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

15. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 13:09 Cutter

Ahh, same ol' Dice I remember. The only dev house that doesn't do any QA whatsoever. Just one of a long list of reasons to never support them.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 12:54 Nurgel

I've had a couple crashes in the last few days of playing, plus driver performance (for nvidia at least) seems kinda shaky, still getting dropped frames when the rest of the game runs great. Overall its a pretty satisfying experience though.  

13. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 12:32 Dacron

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 11:41:
Didn't GTA V have a ton of issues when it launched it's Online? Lost progression and the like? How is this any different? It sucks that it happens and that publishers never put enough hardware in place initially to handle the load, but it's not really that big a deal in the grand scheme of it.

Still has some issues, not as bad. Infinite loading screens, being kicked to singleplayer etc... /but ya, was worse at the beginning.

12. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 12:00 xXBatmanXx

Frags4Fun wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 11:57:
I'm fairly certain that my cousin and I were kicked twice because of Fair Fight. The first time we were in an LAV and I had a 30 kill streak going and my cousin was on the secondary gun and he had about 20 kills in a row. All of a sudden, BAM, we were both disconnected from the game. I was furious and refused to play for a couple days. Last night, I decided to try again. I was flying the attack chopper with my cousin on the gun. Again we were on a nice streak when all of a sudden, BAM, both disconnected again.

I can play for hours without disconnecting. I seem to ALWAYS get disconnected when I'm having my best games. Fair Fight is garbage.

And the people at the bottom still get points for just playing the game - ie BF3 loser ribbon.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

11. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 11:57 Frags4Fun

I'm fairly certain that my cousin and I were kicked twice because of Fair Fight. The first time we were in an LAV and I had a 30 kill streak going and my cousin was on the secondary gun and he had about 20 kills in a row. All of a sudden, BAM, we were both disconnected from the game. I was furious and refused to play for a couple days. Last night, I decided to try again. I was flying the attack chopper with my cousin on the gun. Again we were on a nice streak when all of a sudden, BAM, both disconnected again.

I can play for hours without disconnecting. I seem to ALWAYS get disconnected when I'm having my best games. Fair Fight is garbage.

10. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 11:41 RollinThundr

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 11:36:
These include missing perks, lost progression

huh, a problem with the CORE of the game and everything they pushed. Have fun with the extended BETA! hahahaha

Didn't GTA V have a ton of issues when it launched it's Online? Lost progression and the like? How is this any different? It sucks that it happens and that publishers never put enough hardware in place initially to handle the load, but it's not really that big a deal in the grand scheme of it.

9. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 11:36 xXBatmanXx

These include missing perks, lost progression

huh, a problem with the CORE of the game and everything they pushed. Have fun with the extended BETA! hahahaha

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

8. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 11:21 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 10:41:
New mp game? Check.
Basically the same as the previous mp game? Check.
Still manage to get the same bugs in that you'd already fixed with your previous mp game? Check.
Even though things such as lost progress are really the first thing you should be eliminating? Check.

Wonder why so many people are now refusing to buy new games anymore? Check AND double check!

The 100000 gazilion copies of COD and GTA V sold in the first week say hello.

There's still plenty who buy games new.

7. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 10:56 Techie714 ©

Played about 12 hours of MP this weekend & only had one crash. I'm pretty confident Dice will get this all sorted out this week. Also I'm absolutely digging the new BF. They made a TON of minor & major changes to the game & "Most" of the maps are really well done.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

6. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 10:41 Creston

New mp game? Check.
Basically the same as the previous mp game? Check.
Still manage to get the same bugs in that you'd already fixed with your previous mp game? Check.
Even though things such as lost progress are really the first thing you should be eliminating? Check.

Wonder why so many people are now refusing to buy new games anymore? Check AND double check!

5. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 10:01 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 09:22:
Really glad I held off on this, a friend of mine picked it up and has told me about all of the various lag, crash and etc problems. BF3 wasn't that bad of a launch all things considered, surprised Dice regressed so much here.

Battlefield 3 was just as bad at launch, terrible lag, battlelog groups not working right, getting dropped from servers left and right. When you have one of the biggest AAA releases of the year, and it's primarily a multiplayer title, there's going to be issues at launch. This should be expected at this point since it happens every time.

4. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 09:57 fawker

new boss same as the old boss  

3. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 09:38 SpectralMeat

The crashes and lagging seems to be server side. Saw a note last night that they've rolled out some server patches.
Played about 13 hrs so far and only last night I've experience some crashes and disconnect issues.
It was expected anyways, I am sure by next week it will be fine.

Other than that I am enjoying the game so far. I find the maps a lot better then BF3 maps were. The gun boats are beasts!

Steam: SpectralMeat

2. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 09:35 Whiskers

I just got it yesterday and had 0 issues. I played online for 2 and a half hours on multiple rounds / servers with 0 crashes. If you turn your network smoothing down to 0 you don't notice any lag, at least I didn't. I had a good time.  

1. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 09:22 Verno

Really glad I held off on this, a friend of mine picked it up and has told me about all of the various lag, crash and etc problems. BF3 wasn't that bad of a launch all things considered, surprised Dice regressed so much here.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo