Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4 Known Issues

A large thread on Battlelog lists known issues with Battlefield 4, and what DICE is doing to clear up problems users are experiencing with the just-released military shooter sequel. These include missing perks, lost progression, file corruption, and other bugs. A few updates have been added since the post went up, the most recent explaining new server updates are live to address some of these issues. Word is: "Since the launch of Battlefield 4, some fans playing online have been experiencing various issues with the game. Thanks to your feedback, many of these problems have been resolved, but there are still a number of bugs that we are actively working on. Below you will find a list of some of the resolved issues, as well as some of the issues we are prioritizing at the moment and what we’re doing to address them."

View
55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

35. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 16:12 xXBatmanXx

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:56:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:49:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 13:45:
I don't envy Dice's position, marketing bearing down on them to release before Call of Duty frenzy and right on top of two new consoles and a rather major release update to Windows 8.

? It isn't a NEW game, it is an updated game with different maps.

I dunno with the major engine modifications, new maps, that elements of the map can dynamically change over the course of a game etc. I think there's enough there to consist it being new. I take it Bats you're not a battlefield fan in the slightest?

I am fairly confident I have more BF games than you do.

My veteran status is 9, er 7 (used to be higher, they must have changed how they count games? I own every game except BF4. (and not just on PC) - Just realized they dropped 3 of my games (Vietnam, 2142, and Play 4 Free), going to re-enter the keys from my boxes....

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/The_xXBatmanXx/

I just refuse to support a hidden subscription fee by charging $120.00 up front for a game we haven't seen, don't know what DLC is, a re-skinned game with some new gimmicks, and almost annual releases.

It is insulting, if they want to do this, they should Kickstart it.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 15:56 RollinThundr

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:49:
I don't envy Dice's position, marketing bearing down on them to release before Call of Duty frenzy and right on top of two new consoles and a rather major release update to Windows 8.

I dunno with the major engine modifications, new maps, that elements of the map can dynamically change over the course of a game etc. I think there's enough there to consist it being new. I take it Bats you're not a battlefield fan in the slightest?

33. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 15:49 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

32. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 15:48 xXBatmanXx

Frags4Fun wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 13:52:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 12:00:
Frags4Fun wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 11:57:
I'm fairly certain that my cousin and I were kicked twice because of Fair Fight. The first time we were in an LAV and I had a 30 kill streak going and my cousin was on the secondary gun and he had about 20 kills in a row. All of a sudden, BAM, we were both disconnected from the game. I was furious and refused to play for a couple days. Last night, I decided to try again. I was flying the attack chopper with my cousin on the gun. Again we were on a nice streak when all of a sudden, BAM, both disconnected again.

I can play for hours without disconnecting. I seem to ALWAYS get disconnected when I'm having my best games. Fair Fight is garbage.

And the people at the bottom still get points for just playing the game - ie BF3 loser ribbon.

No idea what you mean although I am considering just going back to BF3 . I still have tons of unlocks left.

You get a ribbon/points just for playing a map.....you could do nothing (or join with 10 seconds left) and get a ribbon and points.

31. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 15:45 DangerDog

I'm not getting any sound bugs on my Sound Blaster Z card. The sound effects are one of the more impressive aspects of BF4.

I think I have it set to Headphone audio in game, that's my preferred way of listening to gunfire and explosions without annoying anyone around me.

30. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 15:17 RollinThundr

Tumbler wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:05:
Playing this game is kind of hilarious. The bugs are god awful in the MP portion. I have no idea what the SP game looks like.

It's got to be a 70% failure rate on the game I play. Well over half. And stat reporting...I rank up to the same rank repeatedly because so many matches simply die with no warning.

When the game is working it's often horribly jerky like it's dealing with tons of lag. Sometimes it skips around, sometimes you rubber band, sometimes it's fine. I'll shoot guys and the hits will only register every other shot, sometimes it's fine, I'll unlock things one match and the game dies the next, after joining another game I'll find that none of that progress counted.

Steam (heh, I mean origin) says I've got approx 40 hours in the game now and I think I just hit level 10. I have to imagine at least 20 hours of that time is just gone with nothing to show for it. I know that number includes my beta play but I didn't play that more than about 6 hours so maybe it's about 15 hours lost in 30 hours played at this point.

Sound bugs, oh the sound bugs. It will get super quiet all of the sudden, my local sounds will still work and then a few min later it's like the game remembers, oh right, Sound! and everything come back. Graphically the game works ok but playing it is just something I have to laugh at because it's a wreck at this point. This isn't release day issues anymore, they deserve lower scores but sadly the game is a lot of fun and I can't wait to play more.

That sounds more like a PC that doesn't much like the game quite honestly, I haven't had any issues like that at all.

29. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 15:05 Tumbler

Playing this game is kind of hilarious. The bugs are god awful in the MP portion. I have no idea what the SP game looks like.

It's got to be a 70% failure rate on the game I play. Well over half. And stat reporting...I rank up to the same rank repeatedly because so many matches simply die with no warning.

When the game is working it's often horribly jerky like it's dealing with tons of lag. Sometimes it skips around, sometimes you rubber band, sometimes it's fine. I'll shoot guys and the hits will only register every other shot, sometimes it's fine, I'll unlock things one match and the game dies the next, after joining another game I'll find that none of that progress counted.

Steam (heh, I mean origin) says I've got approx 40 hours in the game now and I think I just hit level 10. I have to imagine at least 20 hours of that time is just gone with nothing to show for it. I know that number includes my beta play but I didn't play that more than about 6 hours so maybe it's about 15 hours lost in 30 hours played at this point.

Sound bugs, oh the sound bugs. It will get super quiet all of the sudden, my local sounds will still work and then a few min later it's like the game remembers, oh right, Sound! and everything come back. Graphically the game works ok but playing it is just something I have to laugh at because it's a wreck at this point. This isn't release day issues anymore, they deserve lower scores but sadly the game is a lot of fun and I can't wait to play more.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

28. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 15:00 Verno

DangerDog wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:41:
apparently they're trying to automate eliminating cheaters from the game, a good idea but they're not using enough data to determine guilt.

I would think accuracy of head shot kills and distance from target would be better metrics to go off of, of course whatever system they eventually settle on will just be 'gamed' by the people who make the cheats.

people are reporting getting banned from the game completely because of this, that's pretty harsh punishment without some sort of human oversight.

Haha that is totally fucking ridiculous. How could they not see a problem with that methodology?

Cheating in BF3 was annoying but you don't solve it by kicking people who get lots of kills in a game where you have vehicles that enable it.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

27. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 14:42 jdreyer

BF4 is getting hammered in the reviews b/c of all the bugs. Not sure it's affecting sales at all though.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

26. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 14:41 DangerDog

Joss wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:30:
..Fair Fight is garbage.
Pardon me, but is this a real server setting thing?!

apparently they're trying to automate eliminating cheaters from the game, a good idea but they're not using enough data to determine guilt.

I would think accuracy of head shot kills and distance from target would be better metrics to go off of, of course whatever system they eventually settle on will just be 'gamed' by the people who make the cheats.

people are reporting getting banned from the game completely because of this, that's pretty harsh punishment without some sort of human oversight.

25. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 14:32 DangerDog

Trevellian wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:03:

The flare is definitely not 3000 grenade kills.
I know because I have it unlocked. It definitely took a lot of kills/assist points to unlock. But you finally get it only to realize it's absolutely useless. Oh boy, I can toss a flare to light up an area. What map is that useful on? None.

oh, that's what it said in the battlelog section. I mistook one for a laser pointer and started shooting at it, the guy was actually prone a few feet back down a hallway and killed me.

24. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 14:30 Joss

..Fair Fight is garbage.
Pardon me, but is this a real server setting thing?!

23. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 14:21 PunkiBastardo

DangerDog wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:01:
BF3 is going to be hard to keep alive, they should just release all DLC to anyone with a copy of BF3 so that servers can open up the map rotation for every map.

That won't happen but it would be nice.
They'd never ever do that as they want you to buy this years COD, if all old servers shutdown next week that'd be A-OK by them...

22. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 14:09 SpectralMeat

I see people tossing those around in MP, but other then they look cool there is no use for them.
I guess it is one of those show off things.

Steam: SpectralMeat

21. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 14:03 Trevellian

Given the massive challenge to support the jigsaw-puzzle PC configurations alone it's amazing that the game works even as buggy as it is.

I guess I just got lucky with my PC puzzle pieces as I haven't experienced anything as frustrating inducing as what I've read on the forums. Not everyone is crashing, I saw someone using flare grenade type last night and it's suppose to unlock after you've made 3000 grenade kills or something.

I mostly played single player for the first couple of days and avoided the server crash issue for the most part, I do have to say that once again Dice doesn't really have a grasp on how to do a single player Battlefield game. It's far to few and between where you are given even a medium sized sandbox experience. They didn't clutter it with too many 'quicktime events' but way too many dialog cut scenes and various other bits where the game takes over your movement - even for extremely odd bits like climbing a small flight of stairs just so they can show off some more stylized animation of grabbing hand rails. So many recycled assets, perhaps an artifact of still designing around legacy consoles. A room full of Navy soldiers all with the same exact head model is rather sad.

The flare is definitely not 3000 grenade kills.
I know because I have it unlocked. It definitely took a lot of kills/assist points to unlock. But you finally get it only to realize it's absolutely useless. Oh boy, I can toss a flare to light up an area. What map is that useful on? None.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

20. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 14:01 DangerDog

BF3 is going to be hard to keep alive, they should just release all DLC to anyone with a copy of BF3 so that servers can open up the map rotation for every map.

That won't happen but it would be nice.

19. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 13:52 Frags4Fun

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 12:00:
I'm fairly certain that my cousin and I were kicked twice because of Fair Fight. The first time we were in an LAV and I had a 30 kill streak going and my cousin was on the secondary gun and he had about 20 kills in a row. All of a sudden, BAM, we were both disconnected from the game. I was furious and refused to play for a couple days. Last night, I decided to try again. I was flying the attack chopper with my cousin on the gun. Again we were on a nice streak when all of a sudden, BAM, both disconnected again.

I can play for hours without disconnecting. I seem to ALWAYS get disconnected when I'm having my best games. Fair Fight is garbage.

And the people at the bottom still get points for just playing the game - ie BF3 loser ribbon.

No idea what you mean although I am considering just going back to BF3 . I still have tons of unlocks left.

18. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 13:45 DangerDog

Given the massive challenge to support the jigsaw-puzzle PC configurations alone it's amazing that the game works even as buggy as it is.

I guess I just got lucky with my PC puzzle pieces as I haven't experienced anything as frustrating inducing as what I've read on the forums. Not everyone is crashing, I saw someone using flare grenade type last night and it's suppose to unlock after you've made 3000 grenade kills or something.

I mostly played single player for the first couple of days and avoided the server crash issue for the most part, I do have to say that once again Dice doesn't really have a grasp on how to do a single player Battlefield game. It's far to few and between where you are given even a medium sized sandbox experience. They didn't clutter it with too many 'quicktime events' but way too many dialog cut scenes and various other bits where the game takes over your movement - even for extremely odd bits like climbing a small flight of stairs just so they can show off some more stylized animation of grabbing hand rails. So many recycled assets, perhaps an artifact of still designing around legacy consoles. A room full of Navy soldiers all with the same exact head model is rather sad.

17. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 13:25 Trevellian

A lot of the crashing out in the first few days now, got server queues back in. Theres one glaring sound bug caused by Silenced QU88's but I'm sure that'll be fixed.

Despite the bugs? Having way too much fun in game to care, this is the game BF3 should have strived to be.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

16. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 13:11 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 13:09:
Ahh, same ol' Dice I remember. The only dev house that doesn't do any QA whatsoever. Just one of a long list of reasons to never support them.

While I don't disagree, Dice and QA don't tend to go hand and hand, just out of curiosity is there a single game or developer that you actually do like? Man you seem to hate every game and every developer under the sun.

55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo