Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4 Known Issues

A large thread on Battlelog lists known issues with Battlefield 4, and what DICE is doing to clear up problems users are experiencing with the just-released military shooter sequel. These include missing perks, lost progression, file corruption, and other bugs. A few updates have been added since the post went up, the most recent explaining new server updates are live to address some of these issues. Word is: "Since the launch of Battlefield 4, some fans playing online have been experiencing various issues with the game. Thanks to your feedback, many of these problems have been resolved, but there are still a number of bugs that we are actively working on. Below you will find a list of some of the resolved issues, as well as some of the issues we are prioritizing at the moment and what we’re doing to address them."

View
55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

55. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 5, 2013, 16:19 Trevellian

Glykon wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 14:48:
Glad I got my 100 USD back.
WTf would anyone wanna play on a map with only 3-5 more infantry and rest afk, snipers, tanks/aero...in this century ??
We had 128 players like 20 years ago !
Come on, stop supporting these idiots making console games and declaring thats all a PC gamer should be happy with.

At least Planetside 2 is free and has thousands of players on same time.

Sorry, as someone who fully supported SOE and spent well over 200 dollars on Planetside 2 because I was a Planetside 1 player and believed in their vision... Planetside 2 is just garbage compared to Battlefield 4 gameplaywise.

SOE completely dropped the ball with what Planetside 2 should have been, we're going on 1 year into release and they still haven't gotten Hossin in as a continent, still haven't got battle islands in, still haven't gotten Continental Locks or Sanctuarys in, they still haven't even optimized the fucking game.

As someone who LOVED PLANETSIDE 2 TO DEATH, the game is fucking dead in the water until they pull their heads out of their asses. Planetside 2 has become nothing but a giant zerg with the same boring fights day in and day out on Indar, no one even utilizes Amerish, they still haven't even gotten lattice onto the freaking continent for christ sake. Fuck SOE. They're worthless and they squandered the opportunity to make the ultimate Battlefield killer by dragging their asses and not listening to PS1 players during the original beta.

Until then Battlefield 4 gives a much more fun experience, when played on hardcore, with no minimaps, no hud. It's realistic, it's actually squad based, and it's challenging, and you actually feel like you've accomplished something when you get a win or loss screen.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

54. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 5, 2013, 14:48 Glykon

Glad I got my 100 USD back.
WTf would anyone wanna play on a map with only 3-5 more infantry and rest afk, snipers, tanks/aero...in this century ??
We had 128 players like 20 years ago !
Come on, stop supporting these idiots making console games and declaring thats all a PC gamer should be happy with.

At least Planetside 2 is free and has thousands of players on same time.

53. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 5, 2013, 07:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Redmask wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 07:28:
You can't instakill choppers or jets with tank shells anymore because the shots do percentage damage to airborne vehicles, it was one of the lamer beta changes that convinced me that the game wasn't for me. One of my favorite things in the previous game was nailing idiots in the sky with the tank. The ammo system for tanks was too limiting and needed to be adjusted too. Vehicles just needed no health regen for balance purposes, the ammo system was unnecessary.

Well, I mentioned transport choppers in particular, because tank shells definitely 1 shot kill Attack and Scout choppers, and possibly the ground attack jet. I know I've 1-shotted the aforementioned choppers, but no telling if the jet was damaged. I'll try out the Test Range at some point, I guess, to get a better idea of straight damage numbers.

The clip system for the tanks is still annoying as hell, but I think I've gotten used to it, mostly. Autoloader helps, as does holding fire until you have a REALLY good angle. It still seems like overkill to me as well, but I am going to keep playing. It's still a ton of fun in the tanks.

*EDIT* Grammar/typo

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2013, 11:31.

52. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 5, 2013, 07:28 Redmask

You can't instakill choppers or jets with tank shells anymore because the shots do percentage damage to airborne vehicles, it was one of the lamer beta changes that convinced me that the game wasn't for me. One of my favorite things in the previous game was nailing idiots in the sky with the tank. The ammo system for tanks was too limiting and needed to be adjusted too. Vehicles just needed no health regen for balance purposes, the ammo system was unnecessary.  

51. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 5, 2013, 06:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Some feedback: the November 4th patch and/or Nov 3rd server patch seems to have fixed the stuttering/crashing issues most people/servers have been experiencing with Golmud Railroad and the non-flood Dam map, hooray!

Golmud Railroad is quickly turning into my favorite map in BF4; it's armor heavy, three helos, two jets, 7 cap points, and so far almost every round played on it for me turns into a mad scramble of capping and running tank/apc battles. Also the skies are clear enough for me to snipe down choppers and jets with the tank, although there is enough armor on both sides to make it risky to use up your ammo on lower percentage shots. I'm really liking the speed of the BF4 tanks, it somewhat makes up for their hampered ammo system and makes circling to get a rear panel shot a lot more feasible.

Not sure if people are instantly repairing, but it seems like the transport helos do NOT get instantly killed by either a Tank cannon round, nor a SMAW/RPG round... annoying change for sure. I hit a transport chopper with two RPG rounds in a row the other day, and they were able to recover and fly off. Ridiculous. Although it was full so there were probably repairs.

Smoke/Flares on tanks and other vehicles seem to work less than 30% of the time, as far as disrupting any sort of lock-on. The only real defense seems to be to try to get behind a boulder or something but the default missile launcher will break the laws of physics to still hit you most of the time.

50. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 5, 2013, 05:38 xXBatmanXx

Choobeastia wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 04:36:
Morgan19 wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 17:02:
^ Assuming you're not playing HC, wouldn't spotting be more effective and efficient?

Sorry, I forgot to mention, I exclusively play on HC servers with no mini-map, no 3d spotting, and no hit-indicators.

Oh, you mean the way the game was meant to be played.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

49. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 5, 2013, 04:36 Choobeastia

Morgan19 wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 17:02:
^ Assuming you're not playing HC, wouldn't spotting be more effective and efficient?

Sorry, I forgot to mention, I exclusively play on HC servers with no mini-map, no 3d spotting, and no hit-indicators.

48. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 5, 2013, 00:03 Tom

Mirror's Edge 2 with the new Frostbite engine is going to look insanely awesome. I kept thinking about it while playing BF4. So looking forward to it.  

47. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 22:37 DangerDog

Those Battlefront games were made by Pandemic Studios, who I never though were really that great of developers.

I think EA studios is doing the new one with the Frostbyte engine, I'm not sure how much DICE is involved with it but I can't see them making 2143 as it would be in direct competition with EA. Mirrors Edge 2 is their next big game at DICE, I think.

46. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 22:19 xXBatmanXx

?

It was terrible and no one played it....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

45. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 22:16 Trevellian

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 21:08:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 20:00:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 16:12:

I just refuse to support a hidden subscription fee by charging $120.00 up front for a game we haven't seen, don't know what DLC is, a re-skinned game with some new gimmicks, and almost annual releases.

It is insulting, if they want to do this, they should Kickstart it.

I purchased the game like I usually do, around $48 mark with a discount coupon from one of the various online e-tailers. It's not a subscription, even if you add Premium together with the retail copy of BF4 it's right at the same price if you purchased BF2 and all the DLC for it.

I usually get hundreds of hours of gameplay out of Battlefield games, 28 hours on your BF3 profile I can see that it's not really your bag.

I was hoping for BF2143 myself, I doubt we'll see a military BF5 next year now that EA is working on the 'Star Wars' Battlefield game.

I haven't had it that long, and a lot of GREAT games have come out since. I had it before the humble bundle, but didnt' play it. I like the BF series I really do, I just won't reward them for what they have done.

I played BF2 competitively for money, we did very well and it was some of the best gaming I have ever done.....but they are a long ways from that.

They already butchered Battlefront...not sure what else they could do.

How did they butcher Battlefront? That wasn't DICE's game, the next Battlefront will be the first DICE Made Star Wars game. I for one am excited. Cause as good as BF4 is I can only imagine it with Star Wars shit.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

44. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 21:08 xXBatmanXx

DangerDog wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 20:00:

I just refuse to support a hidden subscription fee by charging $120.00 up front for a game we haven't seen, don't know what DLC is, a re-skinned game with some new gimmicks, and almost annual releases.

I purchased the game like I usually do, around $48 mark with a discount coupon from one of the various online e-tailers. It's not a subscription, even if you add Premium together with the retail copy of BF4 it's right at the same price if you purchased BF2 and all the DLC for it.

I usually get hundreds of hours of gameplay out of Battlefield games, 28 hours on your BF3 profile I can see that it's not really your bag.

I was hoping for BF2143 myself, I doubt we'll see a military BF5 next year now that EA is working on the 'Star Wars' Battlefield game.

I haven't had it that long, and a lot of GREAT games have come out since. I had it before the humble bundle, but didnt' play it. I like the BF series I really do, I just won't reward them for what they have done.

I played BF2 competitively for money, we did very well and it was some of the best gaming I have ever done.....but they are a long ways from that.

They already butchered Battlefront...not sure what else they could do.

43. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 20:00 DangerDog

42. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 18:57 xXBatmanXx

Up to Veteran 8, they added Vietnam and 2142 after I gave them my cd-keys from the boxes. Said it will take a while to propagate on their servers, so I should have level 10 soon. I guess if I had BF4, I would be level 11! JUST LIKE MY AMP!  

41. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 18:16 Frags4Fun

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:48:
Frags4Fun wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 13:52:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 12:00:
Frags4Fun wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 11:57:
I'm fairly certain that my cousin and I were kicked twice because of Fair Fight. The first time we were in an LAV and I had a 30 kill streak going and my cousin was on the secondary gun and he had about 20 kills in a row. All of a sudden, BAM, we were both disconnected from the game. I was furious and refused to play for a couple days. Last night, I decided to try again. I was flying the attack chopper with my cousin on the gun. Again we were on a nice streak when all of a sudden, BAM, both disconnected again.

I can play for hours without disconnecting. I seem to ALWAYS get disconnected when I'm having my best games. Fair Fight is garbage.

And the people at the bottom still get points for just playing the game - ie BF3 loser ribbon.

No idea what you mean although I am considering just going back to BF3 . I still have tons of unlocks left.

You get a ribbon/points just for playing a map.....you could do nothing (or join with 10 seconds left) and get a ribbon and points.

I gotcha. I jumped into a BF4 game last night and it ended within a minutes and somehow I got over 1400 points. I didn't do anything! I spawned and died, that was it. We don't get the ribbons for losing anymore in BF4, right? I always liked getting free ribbons in BF3. I'll take all the help I can get.

40. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 17:42 Tom

I've played about half way through the single player campaign with no problems, and a couple hours of multi with only one client crash immediately after loading a map once. Seems plenty stable enough to me. Maybe if I played it 24/7 I'd be running into more of the problems, but I ain't got time for that.

I think this game was worth the $48 I paid for the single player alone. Even though it's really short, it's fun and the graphics are just amazing. Definitely a level beyond anything I've seen to date. I'm enjoying the multi a lot too.

Between BF4 and DCS, I finally got motivated to pull the trigger on a new PC for the first time in over 4 years. Yeah I could've made do with this one for another year or two but what the hell. I want to crank those settings at 2560x1440 and have some anti-aliasing again.

39. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 17:02 Morgan19

38. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 16:46 Choobeastia

For the flare grenade, I had a friend running as support using this to great effect. I was in the attack jet and if he ran into a vehicle he would flare the area for me so I could make a more precise run. It worked decently.

Other than that, no area of any map is dark enough to justify it.

37. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 16:26 RollinThundr

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:56:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:49:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 13:45:
I don't envy Dice's position, marketing bearing down on them to release before Call of Duty frenzy and right on top of two new consoles and a rather major release update to Windows 8.

? It isn't a NEW game, it is an updated game with different maps.

I dunno with the major engine modifications, new maps, that elements of the map can dynamically change over the course of a game etc. I think there's enough there to consist it being new. I take it Bats you're not a battlefield fan in the slightest?

I am fairly confident I have more BF games than you do.

My veteran status is 9, er 7 (used to be higher, they must have changed how they count games? I own every game except BF4. (and not just on PC) - Just realized they dropped 3 of my games (Vietnam, 2142, and Play 4 Free), going to re-enter the keys from my boxes....

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/The_xXBatmanXx/

I hope you don't think I was giving you shit for the sake of it to be honest you're one of a handful of regs that I actually respect, just trying to understand where you were coming from. Yeah I think the whole DLC Premium garbage is ridiculous too, again, right there with ya on that one. The base game though has enough improvements for me that I at least thought the 60 entry fee was worth the investment.

I'll think about the add-ons later if I'm still playing it enough to justify it.

36. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 16:14 Flatline

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 10:01:
Verno wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 09:22:
Really glad I held off on this, a friend of mine picked it up and has told me about all of the various lag, crash and etc problems. BF3 wasn't that bad of a launch all things considered, surprised Dice regressed so much here.

Battlefield 3 was just as bad at launch, terrible lag, battlelog groups not working right, getting dropped from servers left and right. When you have one of the biggest AAA releases of the year, and it's primarily a multiplayer title, there's going to be issues at launch. This should be expected at this point since it happens every time.

Every Battlefield launch has been terrible. Period. Shit isn't there still bugs in like Battlefied 2 or some previous game that they just didn't bother ever fixing?

I can generally give online games an early pass on issues but fuck DICE is infamous for buggy pieces of shit all the way back to the original Battlefield 1942.

55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo