Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Warhammer Online Goes Free Until Closure

The Warhammer Online website announces "A Parting Gift" for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning players as they gear up to gear down the MMORPG next month. Mythic announces that for the remainder of the game's life it is being offered for free to all current and former players (thanks Massively). Here's word:

Effective immediately we will be turning off the ability to apply one month subscriptions and game time codes to Warhammer Online accounts and removing the ability to open new Warhammer Online accounts.

To give Warhammer Online a proper sendoff we are opening the game to anyone free of charge that has or had an account in good standing starting October 31st, 2013. We will be adding new NPC’s to the game in order to power up your characters as well as other unique experiences for everyone to enjoy as we say goodbye to Warhammer Online over the next few weeks. So please join us and help say goodbye to Warhammer Online in one last big WAAAGH!

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

4. No subject Nov 3, 2013, 13:08 D_K_night

Personally? You know what the true lesson here is?

Warhammer should have had it all. It should have been the gritty, alternative universe to WoW's disney-fied theme park. So what exactly led to warhammer's demise?

The game had many genuinely good ideas, ideas that were adapted into future MMO's past it. It was supposed to have far superior PvP content vs WoW's. Didn't it support realm vs realm combat too? All these things should have led up to a game which should have given WoW a good run for it's money.

And then Wrath of the Lich King came out and buried WAR. I think this game deserves a developer post-mortem. What exactly went wrong?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Warhammer Online Goes Free Until Closure Nov 3, 2013, 12:45 Viper114

Too little too late. I loved playing WAR back when it was new, I actually enjoyed both PvE AND PvP (which is a miracle because I usually hate PvP in MMOs), but their decision to keep it Pay to Play was stupid. If they only made it F2P with microtransactions sooner, the game probably would have been better off and not doomed to die. Sad to see it go, but it's Mythic's fault for thinking it could still work like WoW does with its monthly fees.  

2. Re: Warhammer Online Goes Free Until Closure Nov 3, 2013, 11:50 JeffD

Apparently no one can be bothered with f2p and mythc  

1. Re: Warhammer Online Goes Free Until Closure Nov 3, 2013, 11:33 Wallshadows

OH BOY!  

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo