Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Tech Bits

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 3, 2013, 19:50 Ant

Julio wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 11:21:
Is there an uninstall app for Windows 8? That would get my vote for best app.
Yes, install another OS over it like Linux.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 3, 2013, 00:30 Kitkoan

MajorD wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 22:12:
Shok wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 20:53:
The news that a firmware update has increased Surface Pro 2 battery life almost 2 more hours piqued my interest today. It's still way too expensive for the 256gb or 512 that I would want though. Maybe if it comes down a few hundred I'll bite...

And I hate Win8 also but at least with a touch-screen it is bearable using metro...

I just received my Surface Pro 2 (SP2) this week; I've been talking about getting a new laptop for the past few years, and then I was looking to upgrade my current tablet, so I figured I would kill two birds with one stone and get the SP2. But, it wasn't without a lot of research, comparisons, and mental-masturbation.

It is like a tablet on steroids, and I am loving it so far. Yes, it is a little thicker and heavier than most tablets on the market, but it does more than an iPad and other tablets ever thought about doing.

If you haven't already, and you have a Microsoft Store in your area, it is worth going and checking out.

I'm quite tempted by one, but in the end there isn't much it can do that my Nexus 10 can't. I use it to read, study (take notes), sketch and to code, and both are just as able to do that. While I would prefer a better IDE then Sand on my Nexus 10, it does the job in the end which is all I really need.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 3, 2013, 00:07 Redmask

Not really interested, they're heavily overpriced and can't game for a shit. If my workplace wanted to buy me one I would tinker with it but Microsoft needs to learn what loss leader means, they aren't Apple.  

4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 2, 2013, 22:12 MajorD

Shok wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 20:53:
The news that a firmware update has increased Surface Pro 2 battery life almost 2 more hours piqued my interest today. It's still way too expensive for the 256gb or 512 that I would want though. Maybe if it comes down a few hundred I'll bite...

And I hate Win8 also but at least with a touch-screen it is bearable using metro...

I just received my Surface Pro 2 (SP2) this week; I've been talking about getting a new laptop for the past few years, and then I was looking to upgrade my current tablet, so I figured I would kill two birds with one stone and get the SP2. But, it wasn't without a lot of research, comparisons, and mental-masturbation.

It is like a tablet on steroids, and I am loving it so far. Yes, it is a little thicker and heavier than most tablets on the market, but it does more than an iPad and other tablets ever thought about doing.

If you haven't already, and you have a Microsoft Store in your area, it is worth going and checking out.

3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 2, 2013, 20:53 Shok

2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 2, 2013, 18:36 MajorD

Julio wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 11:21:

You either love Windows 8, or you hate Windows 8. Being an avid user and fan of Windows 7 since its release, I was very closed minded about adopting Windows 8 with the whole Metro interface, etc.; however, I was at a Microsoft Store a few weeks ago where a Sales Representative demonstrated it on a Surface Pro 2 and Laptop. From there it peaked my interest, and I have to admit that I am liking it more and more. This being 'my' experience, I think if a lot of people gave it a chance with an open mind, they may end up with a whole different perspective as well. /Shrug

1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 2, 2013, 11:21 Julio

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo