Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Arma 3 Campaign Release

The Arma 3 Website announces the release of the first installment in the campaign for Bohemia Interactive's military shooter sequel, saying the update is now automatically available through Steam (thanks PC Gamer). They offer a brief trailer teasing the content, and the following word:

In Arma 3ís campaign, players take on the role of Ben Kerry, a soldier who is a part of the NATO peacekeeping operation in the Mediterranean. Five years after the bloody civil war in the Republic of Altis & Stratis came to an end, NATO has started to withdraw its forces from the region - unknowingly creating the conditions for a Mediterranean flashpoint. Kerry's unit, 'Task Force Aegis' - together with a clandestine group of UKSF operators - is soon caught up in a situation beyond their control, and trapped in a fight for survival.

Besides new playable content, the first campaign episode also provides extra building blocks for Arma 3 content creators. These come in the form of new weapons, animations, 3D objects, and scripted modules. More free content, including new vehicles, is expected to be released together with the next campaign episodes. The exact release dates of the second (Adapt) and third (Win) campaign episodes will be announced later.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Arma 3 Campaign Release Nov 3, 2013, 16:02 Talisorn

maleitch wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 13:22:
HAHAHA..."decorated"...right. <snip irreverent garbage> I can see why you love him.

Obvious douche troll is obvious. Since when did stating facts become a declaration of love?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Arma 3 Campaign Release Nov 1, 2013, 16:29 jimnms

Moog wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 08:34:
Very disappointed that the campaign is SP only - was really looking forward to some decent co-op play
I never actually finished the OFP campaign, or even started ArmA 1 or 2's campaigns. I went straight into the editor creating my own and playing other custom missions.

If ArmA3 is like previous BIS titles, you can unpack the mission files and edit them to add MP slots. I did it with some of the original OFP missions, even changing it so you could play from the other side.

MeanJim on Steam

12. Re: Arma 3 Campaign Release Nov 1, 2013, 13:22 maleitch

jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 20:09:
"Ben Kerry?" Interesting choice of names, given that former presidential candidate John Kerry is a decorated soldier with three purple hearts.

I don't get a sense of what the mission or story is beyond "Country X is in turmoil." I haven't picked this up yet, since I was waiting for the SP game. I guess I'll have to wait a bit more for a review to see if the missions are any good.

HAHAHA..."decorated"...right. The same idiot who claimed that communist re-education camps were not that big of a deal. I can see why you love him.

11. Re: Arma 3 Campaign Release Nov 1, 2013, 10:07 Raptor

But there's tons of other coop scenarios.
The SP campaign will probably be ported into coop missions as well, if not by BIS then by the community.

10. Re: Arma 3 Campaign Release Nov 1, 2013, 09:07 Dmitri_M

Moog wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 08:34:
Very disappointed that the campaign is SP only - was really looking forward to some decent co-op play
Let them keep it simple. They'd fuck it up otherwise.

9. Re: Arma 3 Campaign Release Nov 1, 2013, 08:34 Moog

8. Re: Arma 3 Campaign Release Nov 1, 2013, 07:56 NamecaF

Sweet, downloading... now!  

7. Re: Arma 3 Campaign Release Nov 1, 2013, 04:15 Raptor

Well that's my weekend then

Been waiting for a proper OFP level campaign since OFP, not that the single missions or millions of SP/MP scenarios aren't fun, but a campaign is something different and usually builds some proper war atmosphere.

I hope anyone even remotely into mil-sims has already bought it, since there's no excuse not to do that. (other than being ultra gay for CoD I suppose)

6. Re: Arma 3 Campaign Release Oct 31, 2013, 23:26 SirKnight

I've played a few missions into it and yeah it's pretty good so far. Big improvement over previous Arma campaigns. Last time BIS had campaign missions that were worth a damn was all the way back in Operation Flashpoint. But when Arma came around they never spent much effort on that part, until now.

BIS definitely out did themselves this time with Arma 3.

5. Re: Arma 3 Campaign Release Oct 31, 2013, 21:33 Drayth

Yeah, I'm enjoying it so far.  

4. Re: Arma 3 Campaign Release Oct 31, 2013, 21:19 Aero

It is pretty good from what I've tried (first couple missions). Certainly more professional and polished than their previous efforts.  

3. Re: Arma 3 Campaign Release Oct 31, 2013, 20:25 Techie714 ©

Sweet! Can't wait to play it! Love me some ARMA!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

2. Re: Arma 3 Campaign Release Oct 31, 2013, 20:09 jdreyer

"Ben Kerry?" Interesting choice of names, given that former presidential candidate John Kerry is a decorated soldier with three purple hearts.

I don't get a sense of what the mission or story is beyond "Country X is in turmoil." I haven't picked this up yet, since I was waiting for the SP game. I guess I'll have to wait a bit more for a review to see if the missions are any good.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

1. Re: Arma 3 Campaign Release Oct 31, 2013, 19:49 Wildone

They make it look all exciting N shit, then I remembered its Arma heh..  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo