Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed

The UbiBlog announces another delay to South Park: The Stick of Truth, saying Obsidian's cartoon-inspired RPG is now expected on March 4, 2014. They explain the latest delay to the game is due to how much more work it required than they anticipated when they acquired it along with developer THQ Montreal, even though they said it was still on track for this year months after the sale which is after they now say they recognized the problem. "Within three weeks after acquiring the game, we sadly realized we had to turn this thing upside down if we hoped to deliver the experience everybody wanted," says Ubisoft North America’s president Laurent Detoc. "It’s been such a major overhaul to get to the point where we are that we couldn’t let it go, even if that meant missing December." They offer a new trailer showing the quest for the Giggling Donkey featuring gameplay and lots of cinematics. They also offer a quote from the game's creators, who apparently speak simultaneously like creepy twins. "We always wanted the game to feel like you're actually in an episode of South Park," say Matt Stone and Trey Parker. "Getting the game up to the crappy standards of the show has been a real challenge and we’re excited to say it's taken way longer than we thought it would."

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Nov 2, 2013, 23:22 Ant

This is why the new season episodes were delayed.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Nov 1, 2013, 08:26 Verno

This looks great and the delay works for me, got enough on my plate til the new year.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

24. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Nov 1, 2013, 08:16 El Pit

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 07:45:
Sepharo wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 07:41:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 07:26:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 20:10:
The story I read over on Polygon said they're having trouble optimizing the game engine. It's not playable on anything lower than a 680, and even a Titan struggles to break 20 FPS.

This.

And you read the rest of the thread?

edit: I guess you could be joking as well.

Sleep deprivation is fun.

But you're right! 20 fps because of the heavy work the gpu has to do because of the antialiasing. All those round heads result in the gpu overheating. It's called Professor Chaos' China Syndrome!

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

23. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Nov 1, 2013, 07:45 xXBatmanXx

Sepharo wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 07:41:
The story I read over on Polygon said they're having trouble optimizing the game engine. It's not playable on anything lower than a 680, and even a Titan struggles to break 20 FPS.

This.

Sleep deprivation is fun.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

22. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Nov 1, 2013, 07:41 Sepharo

This.

21. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Nov 1, 2013, 07:26 xXBatmanXx

This.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

20. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Nov 1, 2013, 07:25 Redmask

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 05:19:
over hyped crapware guranteed.

seriously? How can it not be optimized for 16 colors on a flat surface? Who is making this game? A 10th grade software class?

What are you going on about now?

19. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Nov 1, 2013, 05:19 xXBatmanXx

over hyped crapware guranteed.

seriously? How can it not be optimized for 16 colors on a flat surface? Who is making this game? A 10th grade software class?

This comment was edited on Nov 1, 2013, 05:28.

18. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Oct 31, 2013, 23:32 Creston

The amount of time, effort and money that's been poured into this game is reaching truly epic proportions by now. I hope it's not going to turn out a giant turd and take Obsidian down because of it.  

17. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Oct 31, 2013, 23:26 ViRGE

Fion wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 19:40:
Got some laughs out of that clip. Professor Chaos ftw! Still have the game on my wishlist, I can wait if that means a better game in the end.
Agreed. It looks like fun and something that I'd want to play. But it's also nice that they're not rushing it; there's nothing else quite like it and it's not as if it's at risk of becoming graphically dated, so better they get it right than get it fast.

16. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Oct 31, 2013, 22:58 Acleacius

@Cutter: Yeah I couldn't stop laughing at the song either, lmao.

Didn't think I could want to play the game more. Now I've started sneaking into Obsidian's office after they've all gone home to play it while they sleep, Muwaahaha!

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

15. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Oct 31, 2013, 22:35 Lorcin

gameplay looks shockingly bad  

14. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Oct 31, 2013, 22:07 nin

You know, I wondered that at first, but then assumed it was true - a bad console port that runs like crap on the PC.

Good news, at least.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Oct 31, 2013, 22:05 jdreyer

nin wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 21:03:

Well, I appreciate that they're taking the time to get it right. Or at least make an attempt.

They could have easily just dumped it out for the holidays and a quick cash grab.

Uh, oops. You know I was being snarky, right? Embarassed Deadpan humor is hard to do in text.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

12. Re: Into the Black Oct 31, 2013, 21:55 NegaDeath

Definitely want to try it. A shame its delayed but at least they're taking the time to make it right.  

11. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Oct 31, 2013, 21:39 nin

Parias wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 21:19:
This looks fantastic - I was a bit skeptical about how the combat model would play and if it'd end up somewhat awkward, but this actually looks like decent. The gameplay blends with the art style really well.

I was incredibly skeptical. But this looks awesome!

10. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Oct 31, 2013, 21:28 Cutter

There once was a maiden from Stoneberry Hollow. She didn't talk much, but boy did she swallow. I had a nice lance that she sat upon. The maiden from Stoneberry who was also your mom.

Hahaha! Oh yeah. I may not grab this at launch but it's a must have at some point for sure.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

9. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Oct 31, 2013, 21:19 Parias

This looks fantastic - I was a bit skeptical about how the combat model would play and if it'd end up somewhat awkward, but this actually looks like decent. The gameplay blends with the art style really well.  

8. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Oct 31, 2013, 21:03 nin

Well, I appreciate that they're taking the time to get it right. Or at least make an attempt.

They could have easily just dumped it out for the holidays and a quick cash grab.

7. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Oct 31, 2013, 20:10 jdreyer

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo