Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released

The Total War Facebook page has news of the release of the Blood & Gore DLC for Total War: ROME II, saying "This content is rated mature, not suitable for all audiences." Word is: "Blood & Gore brings the savagery of front-line combat to viscera-splattering life with decapitations, dismemberment and devastating impalements. Featuring hundreds of gruesome animations that play out in combat between multiple different unit types, the massed battles of Total War: ROME II will never be the same again. Employing a more refined particle system than Shogun 2, Blood & Gore for ROME II looks and feels grittier and more brutal. Gore coats combatants, the ground will become soaked with blood, and you’ll hear every stab, slash and impact with bespoke new sound effects."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released Nov 1, 2013, 09:18 Mikus_Aurelius

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 08:53:
Are you playing the same game I am? It doesn't sound like it.

Performance is vastly improved from launch and is quite acceptable across three systems I regularly play on. I think I get chop maybe once an hour as textures are loaded/reloaded but it is for no more than five seconds max.

Unit stats are fine. They've been continuously balanced over, what, five patches now? It is now impossible to have a single unit type dominate the battle field, not even Praetorian Guards. Battle times are also fine. My average battle lasts about 30 minutes which I think is perfectly acceptable given that the main focus is managing and extending an empire.

The non-siege battles have come a long way. The campaign has improved too, but it's still a mess. The campaign is much less of a game then Shogun 2 and more of a sandbox that you tool around in until you get bored.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released Nov 1, 2013, 08:53 Burrito of Peace

Doma wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 06:57:
Eehh, no

I have played TW since Shogun 1 and I played the hell out of Rome 1 when it released. And god damn R2 is in a bad state.

Performance is crap, unit balance/stats are bad, battles are over waaay too fast.

This is a dissappointment on the same level as Diablo 3.

Are you playing the same game I am? It doesn't sound like it.

Performance is vastly improved from launch and is quite acceptable across three systems I regularly play on. I think I get chop maybe once an hour as textures are loaded/reloaded but it is for no more than five seconds max.

Unit stats are fine. They've been continuously balanced over, what, five patches now? It is now impossible to have a single unit type dominate the battle field, not even Praetorian Guards. Battle times are also fine. My average battle lasts about 30 minutes which I think is perfectly acceptable given that the main focus is managing and extending an empire.

10. Re: Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released Nov 1, 2013, 08:47 gray

This has to be a joke surely? A game called Total War and you have to buy blood as DLC.  

9. Re: Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released Nov 1, 2013, 06:57 Doma

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 01:02:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 20:22:
Glad they found the time to finish up the DLC. Have they found the time to finish the game yet?
The game was finished awhile ago. And really it comes down to this: If you don't like the idea, or don't want to buy it then don't. Simple as that.

Eehh, no

I have played TW since Shogun 1 and I played the hell out of Rome 1 when it released. And god damn R2 is in a bad state.

Performance is crap, unit balance/stats are bad, battles are over waaay too fast.

Its like playing an early beta.

Tbh, I have put it away for now. I will check back in 1+ year and see what the Rome Total Realism team can do with it. They made R1 fantastic and I am hoping they can do abit of the same for R2.

This is a dissappointment on the same level as Diablo 3.

8. Re: Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released Nov 1, 2013, 04:25 Draugr

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 00:04:
Draugr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 23:09:
Simon Says wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 22:01:
Glad they found the time to finish up the DLC. Have they found the time to finish the game yet?

Actually, that should've been in the original release, that's puke in the plate DLC at it's finest. Disgusting.

If DLC is free then it affects the rating of the game, by charging a fee for this they get to avoid an M rating, which they might see as important.

Not that releasing dumb DLC just to squeeze money out isn't anything new, and obviously that can still fit under that description.

Free or paid doesn't matter, if a DLC is provided in a separately licensed package, it gets its own rating if needed and does not affect the rating of the base game. Yes, I've googled this shit today, because every doofus on the internet is using that excuse. There's nothing stopping them from releasing the DLC for free (see the high-res texture pack for Skyrim, etc.), so if it's not the rating and it's not a technical limitation, it's just greed.

Which is something I acknowledged, it can certainly be both.

7. Re: Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released Nov 1, 2013, 01:02 Mashiki Amiketo

The game was finished awhile ago. And really it comes down to this: If you don't like the idea, or don't want to buy it then don't. Simple as that.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released Nov 1, 2013, 00:04 jacobvandy

Draugr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 23:09:

Actually, that should've been in the original release, that's puke in the plate DLC at it's finest. Disgusting.

If DLC is free then it affects the rating of the game, by charging a fee for this they get to avoid an M rating, which they might see as important.

Not that releasing dumb DLC just to squeeze money out isn't anything new, and obviously that can still fit under that description.

Free or paid doesn't matter, if a DLC is provided in a separately licensed package, it gets its own rating if needed and does not affect the rating of the base game. Yes, I've googled this shit today, because every doofus on the internet is using that excuse. There's nothing stopping them from releasing the DLC for free (see the high-res texture pack for Skyrim, etc.), so if it's not the rating and it's not a technical limitation, it's just greed.

5. Re: Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released Oct 31, 2013, 23:09 Draugr

4. Re: Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released Oct 31, 2013, 22:55 jacobvandy

Yeah, and it was bullshit back then, too.  

3. Re: Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released Oct 31, 2013, 22:37 Taskeen

FYI. Shogun has the same thing. They released Blood/Gore later.

2. Re: Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released Oct 31, 2013, 22:01 Simon Says

1. Re: Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released Oct 31, 2013, 20:22 jdreyer

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo