Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Trailer

A new Dracula's Vengeance trailer from Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, Mercury Steam's upcoming action/adventure sequel. They are also now accepting preorders on the official website, outlining some incentives for various regions. Here's word on the video: "In time for Halloween, KONAMI reveals more about the dark story of Dracula. Watch the new trailer and see brand new footage from the highly expected conclusion of the Lords of Shadow Saga! Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 will be coming on PlayStation®3, Xbox 360® and Windows PC on February 27th, 2014."

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Trailer Nov 1, 2013, 23:02 Suppa7

Taskeen wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 21:45:
Hmm, the first one is on sale on Steam.

If you liked god of war you'll probably enjoy Castlevania LOTS. It's like a slightly crappier god of war. There's some rough edges with the combat and camera but overall it's not bad.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Trailer Nov 1, 2013, 22:52 Suppa7

mag wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 00:33:
I'm not a fan of being locked in a tiny arena, with an uncontrollable camera that can only point one direction, killing the same four guys over and over again...

Sorry to burst your bubble but the original castlevania's were all about running from the start of a level to the finish killing the same enemies (skeletons, bats, bone turrets, etc) till boss, wash, rinse, repeat.

Maybe you should load up some old arcade games on emulator, specifically Castlevania 3, 4. Then also play some knights of the round (MAME) and final fight.

All of these classic games are where you are basically doing the same thing to similar sets of enemies all game.

Symphony of the night was probably the worst castlevania because Castlevania was never meant to be a metroid type game so the flow is broken. I really didn't like symphony of the night all that much. The RPG elements and the running around the maze introduced a tediousness to the game that never belonged to original castlevania's.

If anything lords of shadow is more in the vein of CV1 through 4 than anything after that.

7. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Trailer Nov 1, 2013, 02:37 jacobvandy

Pfft, why should I even click 'play' with a thumbnail like that?  

6. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Trailer Nov 1, 2013, 01:17 LurkerLito

Can't wait for this. First one was very good. It's probably going to be a day one purchase for me.  

5. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Trailer Nov 1, 2013, 00:33 mag

Taskeen wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 21:45:

Don't do it! It's awful!

Edit:

I should qualify my statement. It's a terrible Castlevania (in that it has absolutely nothing in common except the name) game. It is maybe an okay DmC clone, if that's your sort of thing.

I'm not a fan of being locked in a tiny arena, with an uncontrollable camera that can only point one direction, killing the same four guys over and over again for fifteen minutes (filled with QTEs!) before being shunted off to the next tiny arena to repeat the process. Over and over and over.

Even the music is entirely forgettable, which is awful for a series known for having fantastic soundtracks. Generic, uninspired, orchestral blugh.

This comment was edited on Nov 1, 2013, 01:48.

4. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Trailer Oct 31, 2013, 23:53 Alamar

I really should finish the first... I should have finished it while waiting for the 3DS version, which was later in the story, and spoiled some bits...

-Alamar

3. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Trailer Oct 31, 2013, 21:45 Taskeen

2. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Trailer Oct 31, 2013, 20:47 Wolfox

mag wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 20:18:
Lords of Shadow was so disappointing that I have to voice my displeasure in every related thread.

That's funny, because it's my favorite game in 2013 so far (with DmC as a *very* close second). I loved the game.

I'm looking forward to the second one, and this trailer showed exactly what I was hoping to see in terms of history. February 27th can't come fast enough.

1. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Trailer Oct 31, 2013, 20:18 mag

Lords of Shadow was so disappointing that I have to voice my displeasure in every related thread.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo