Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rocksmith 2014 Smashing Pumpkins DLC

Steam now offers new Smashing Pumpkins DLC for Rocksmith 2014, so owners of the music game sequel can party like it's 1979. The songs included are Today, Bullet with Butterfly Wings, 1979, Disarm, and Tonight, Tonight.

View
7. Re: Rocksmith 2014 Smashing Pumpkins DLC Oct 30, 2013, 14:20 jacobvandy

LesCaster wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 13:11:
I bought the original when it first came out and within a week wound up giving it away to a friend of mine who was just starting out on guitar. I've been playing guitar (non-professionally) for over 30 years and I had no illusions that Rocksmith was going to teach me something new. However, I figured it would at least teach me some solos/riffs I wanted to learn in a fun, interactive way. My main disappointment came from the over-simplified versions of many of the songs. If your looking for note-for-note accurate renditions of your favorite songs, you won't find them here, and that's ultimately what ruined it for me. For someone just starting out, I could definitely see the value here. If you've been playing for more than a few years, I'd skip it, or at least try before you buy.

They've improved a lot in the accuracy department in the 2014 version (even upgraded the older songs/DLC), mainly because they just didn't have support for a lot of the techniques that they do now. They switched up the arrangements some, too, which is hit or miss. They have you choose "Lead" or "Rhythm" guitar as an overall game mode just like you can choose to play bass, which is a step down from just letting you pick the arrangement you wanted to play like before. And it's hard to say exactly without knowing what "over-simplifications" you're referring to, but I'm sure you're aware that tabs in general are up to the interpretation of the author. They've got plenty of pro musicians and advisers at this studio putting that stuff together. Even if I have to just take that on faith until I'm at the level where I can evaluate the accuracy myself, lol.

Are you certain that your perception of such wasn't down to the dynamic difficulty system? Like it wasn't showing you all the notes because you hadn't built up the level of mastery yet?

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 30, 10:26 Re: Rocksmith 2014 Smashing Pumpkins DLC InBlack
  2. Oct 30, 12:20  Re: Rocksmith 2014 Smashing Pumpkins DLC Wowbagger_TIP
  4. Oct 30, 12:27  Re: Rocksmith 2014 Smashing Pumpkins DLC Bodolza
  5. Oct 30, 13:11  Re: Rocksmith 2014 Smashing Pumpkins DLC LesCaster
>> 7. Oct 30, 14:20   Re: Rocksmith 2014 Smashing Pumpkins DLC jacobvandy
  8. Oct 30, 14:56    Re: Rocksmith 2014 Smashing Pumpkins DLC Bodolza
  10. Oct 30, 15:24     Re: Rocksmith 2014 Smashing Pumpkins DLC LesCaster
  9. Oct 30, 15:19    Re: Rocksmith 2014 Smashing Pumpkins DLC LesCaster
  11. Oct 30, 15:52     Re: Rocksmith 2014 Smashing Pumpkins DLC Bodolza
  12. Oct 31, 04:44      Re: Rocksmith 2014 Smashing Pumpkins DLC InBlack