Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 30, 2013, 12:15 Beamer

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:09:
Going to really hurt them in their pocketbooks not releasing Titanfall for the PS4. The PS4 will outsell the Xbox One by at least 3 to 1 if not more. Exclusivity deals are just a braindead decision, of course highly typical of the lame brains at EA.

We can't really say that. It depends on what Microsoft offered them, right? Microsoft may have paid far above what Titanfall would have made on the PS4 (which, frankly, may be a good investment, because Titanfall will sell systems. That's the most halo-product I see (no pun intended with Halo.)

But would Titanfall 2 sales on PS4 hurt from this? Good question.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 30, 2013, 11:41 CrimsonPaw

Damn, I had it in my mind that PlanetSide would be available at the PS4 launch - had it in my head that would get me through until WatchDogs released. Ugh, seems my PS4 may not be used as much as I originally thought off the bat.  
~~Crim~~

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 30, 2013, 11:09 Ozmodan

Going to really hurt them in their pocketbooks not releasing Titanfall for the PS4. The PS4 will outsell the Xbox One by at least 3 to 1 if not more. Exclusivity deals are just a braindead decision, of course highly typical of the lame brains at EA.  

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 30, 2013, 10:45 Axis

I sure don't care about Titanfall. COD with Robots with a DnB backdrop is nothing that would woo me to a console, especially since its a FPS on a CONSOLE.

Wii U and PC for me.

Out of Wii U, Xbone, PS4 and PC, my PC is the only 'nexgen' in that list.

Yours truly,

Axis

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 30, 2013, 10:43 Creston

10 million? Heh. Okay.

You might want to get some games first. And make sure Sony and MS (especially the latter) can actually put product in the channels.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 30, 2013, 10:29 InBlack

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:14:
Still curious about the phrase "through the life of the title". That would seem to imply anything after the first one was still up for grabs...

Yeah, if they go the route of CoD this contract will mean didleysquat about a year from now on. That is if the game ends up being successful with the mouthbreather crowd.

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 30, 2013, 10:27 Verno

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:14:
Still curious about the phrase "through the life of the title". That would seem to imply anything after the first one was still up for grabs...

Zampella literally says they will make games for the PS4 in his tweet, EA just screwed them on this one.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 30, 2013, 10:14 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 30, 2013, 10:08 SpectralMeat

PS4 and PC is still the way to go.
At least TitanFall will be out on the PC as well, not just Xbone

Steam: SpectralMeat

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 30, 2013, 10:06 Verno

Man if I was Zampella I would be going over that contract with a fine tooth comb next time. It sounds like Microsoft basically gave EA a second big bag of cash for permanent exclusivity rights on the first Titanfall but I bet Respawn isn't seeing any of that cash.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo